PDA

View Full Version : Quite possibly the best (worst) firearms video of all time.

beltjones
07-19-2011, 10:35 PM
http://youtu.be/kCFhVB5ZD-w

My favorite is the 7:00 mark where he advocates mashing your finger onto the trigger as soon as the gun clears the holster. I really don't know what anyone would expect to go "right" using that technique. The rest is just bizarre tips on his favorite Glocks, all delivered in a very strange tone.

Enjoy.

F-Trooper05
07-19-2011, 11:39 PM
"Walk your rounds into the target." What the fuck???

TCinVA
07-19-2011, 11:46 PM
It is important in life to deliberately befriend the sort of people who will give a clear warning when you are about to make a colossal fool of yourself...otherwise you end up like that.

John Ralston
07-19-2011, 11:58 PM
@ 16:00 "Ripping Fire"...hmmmmm

Kyle Reese
07-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Proof positive that just because you can make a "training" DVD doesn't mean you should. I feel the contents of the video are reckless, dangerous and do not serve the interests of the shooting community. We might laugh, but the uninitiated may see this and think we're all like that.

His loadout is bizarre- a bolt gun, 9mm Glock and 500 rounds for it? Am I missing something here? :confused:

You won't see me produce a DVD where I sing Irish folks songs, and this guy shouldn't be making firearms training DVDs.

jetfire
07-20-2011, 01:49 AM
1:00 - I've shot 5,000 rounds in a row through a Glock 17 without cleaning or malfunction.

My thought was "yawn, wake me up when it gets to 25,000".

Slavex
07-20-2011, 03:16 AM
this has to be a comedy video right? I mean seriously?

TCinVA
07-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Acknowledging the 800 pound gorilla in the room:

That video is exactly what you'd get if you gave a bunch of people on internet forums or the oft-encountered gunshop know-it-all a budget and a camera crew. It captures nicely the segment of the firearms world that has nothing really valuable to say, yet insists on saying it.

LittleLebowski
07-20-2011, 07:32 AM
I'd feel comfortable getting into a gunfight with this guy.

JV_
07-20-2011, 07:33 AM
He needs a Serpa holster.

ToddG
07-20-2011, 07:45 AM

http://rlv.zcache.com/you_win_one_internet_seal_gold_sticker-p217784919322442013qjcl_400.jpg

virginiatactical
07-20-2011, 07:52 AM

LOL i didn't start laughing until JV posted this lol

Sherman A. House DDS
07-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Oh no...

:confused:

NickA
07-20-2011, 08:05 AM
That's worth at least 1/2 an internet.

SLG
07-20-2011, 08:06 AM
I have it on good authority that there are no more Serpa holsters to be had. Lapd metro division was seen wearing all of them this past week.

TCinVA
07-20-2011, 08:20 AM

Bravo, sir.

Bravo.

I have it on good authority that there are no more Serpa holsters to be had. Lapd metro division was seen wearing all of them this past week.

Police chiefs and unfortunately a lot of cops love cheap "retention" holsters.

irishshooter
07-20-2011, 08:22 AM
"ripping fire" how could this be a bad idea...................FAIL. he does have the tactical gut though :p

JDM
07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
If Alan (Zach Galifianakis) from "The Hangover" made a training video...

John Ralston
07-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Did you guys notice who he was? He is (I believe) the head guy at Cold Steel Knives. He is in all their videos for the knives, swords, blow guns, etc. That is just a small snippet from the 6 DVD set - lots more to learn.

SouthNarc
07-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Even Tosh .0 featured him on his show.

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/cold-steel-blade

agent-smith
07-20-2011, 11:22 AM

Just don't let him ride in the back seat of your Jeep...

WDW
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
You all know who this is don't you? This is none other than Lynn Thompson, the president of Cold Steel knives. He is world renowed for incredibly stupid videos.

Kyle Reese
07-20-2011, 11:41 AM
There are 6 DVD's in this series. :rolleyes::cool:

Lots of tactical wisdom to bestow upon the masses.

LittleLebowski
07-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Just don't let him ride in the back seat of your Jeep...

Yup, his shooting technique would be hell on the floorboards.

Sherman A. House DDS
07-20-2011, 11:54 AM
I liked him so much more when he was just the silent, rotund, angry-faced man in the, "Proof," videos.

jetfire
07-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Arrrggggghhhhh he keeps turning right before the camera switches. It's driving me mad, who did they hire to edit this piece of shit? Seriously, you can't just smash-cut whenever you need to change camera angles.

seabiscuit
07-20-2011, 12:27 PM

+1

Ga Shooter
07-20-2011, 01:33 PM
"Walk your rounds into the target." What the fuck???

Wow!! The lack of knowledge here is incredible at times. Doesn't everybody know that 1 in 10 gangsters have dogs. He is just training to shoot the dog first then the guy with the gun. :p

NickA
07-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Random observations from the little bit I could stand to watch:
-Yer gonna strangle yourself slinging a rifle that way.
- "If someone was shooting at me I'd be moving a lot faster"- I very sincerely doubt that.
- That is most certainly NOT a proper zipper technique. Mrs. Farnam would probably curb stomp someone for doing that in a class. Putting rounds into the ground deliberately is just...ah screw it.
-Put some of that ammo to good use and shoot the cameraman.
- This video may have helped me win a recent water gun fight with my 4 year old...but probably not.

Shellback
07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
At 15:40 he lights up the entire exterior of the building, "ripping", without any thought as to who else could be inside. :rolleyes:

Wee todd did... sofa king wee todd did.

Odin Bravo One
07-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Absolutely amazing. Just when I think my local shop had a monopoly on the amount of dumb shit that could spew from their mouths in 30 minutes, I see this and realize my local guy has a twin brother somewhere. Scary.

And sad. Very sad.

jetfire
07-20-2011, 03:53 PM
It's been suggested that we need to set up Lynn from Cold Steel in a cage match vs. Matt Tempkin, aka "this guy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_LTexIQFAQ

Odin Bravo One
07-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Please, no more.

irishshooter
07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
with this guy choosing the gear and being present as the SME in concealment. look at 1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6gZ_G51V_E&feature=related

TR675
07-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Tried to watch the OP's video, but it's been set to "private...".

Guess he got a little different reaction than he was expecting...

SecondsCount
07-20-2011, 04:33 PM
with this guy choosing the gear and being present as the SME in concealment. look at 1:20

I think he works at my local gunshop.

irishshooter
07-20-2011, 04:37 PM
I think he works at my local gunshop.

awesome. i wonder if he always recommends double Glocks and the art of concealment

John Ralston
07-20-2011, 04:52 PM

And comments have been disabled on the other 3 minute trailer for the DVD...

ubervic
07-20-2011, 05:23 PM
I couldn't sit through the entire thing. I kept thinking I was watching a skit from SNL, a la Chris Farley vigorously yelling '...in a van down by the river!'

jslaker
07-20-2011, 06:37 PM
It's been suggested that we need to set up Lynn from Cold Steel in a cage match vs. Matt Tempkin, aka "this guy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_LTexIQFAQ

The strings of fire where he's working from the holster starting at ~2:35 - his finger is inside the trigger guard before he's finished establishing his grip each time. You see the finger go to the trigger as he's still shifting the ball and thumb of his hand over to the left side of the gun. The final slomo string you actually see him extend his grip fingers reestablishing his grip as he's starting to stroke out.

Dude is a self-kneecapping waiting to happen.

TCinVA
07-20-2011, 08:13 PM

I guess they want people to pony up the $120 bucks to find out what happens when you mix a LARPer and firearms.

LIGHTNING BOLT!!! LIGHTNING BOLT!!! WORK THE BOLT!!!!

SLG
07-20-2011, 08:20 PM
This is the problem with internet experts. You guys only want to pick apart the bad, and have been overlooking the good. After carefully watching the 4 minutes or so of the video that I could stomach, I've decided that he was wearing a pretty nice hat. I'd like to know which it is.

As an aside, it seems to me that you bigger guys may have an easier time concealing AIWB than is usually thought to be the case. I think that Thompson's stomach filled in any gaps around his gun and bowie, making holsters like the Invictus and the shaggy less needed.

TCinVA
07-20-2011, 09:09 PM
The camera and the 500 + rounds of 9mm ammo added like 10 pounds.

John Ralston
07-20-2011, 09:15 PM
This is the problem with internet experts. You guys only want to pick apart the bad, and have been overlooking the good. After carefully watching the 4 minutes or so of the video that I could stomach, I've decided that he was wearing a pretty nice hat. I'd like to know which it is.

This might be a better fit for you...Sweet Hat (http://www.scarepros.com/i/accessories/PimpHat49310.jpg)

SLG
07-20-2011, 10:07 PM
This might be a better fit for you...Sweet Hat (http://www.scarepros.com/i/accessories/PimpHat49310.jpg)

I still like the other one, but hey, send me the blue fairy hat and I'll wear it.

John Ralston
07-20-2011, 10:21 PM
I still like the other one, but hey, send me the blue fairy hat and I'll wear it.

I was going to Google "fairy hat", but I did "Pimp Hat" instead. You would have to ask someone like SNarc if the pimps really wear them though...

DonovanM
07-20-2011, 10:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6gZ_G51V_E&feature=related

I'm surprised you can carry 2 Glocks and 4 spare mags all OWB without printing.

Oh wait :rolleyes:

grimel
07-20-2011, 10:40 PM

Hey! He did a good job of it until he removed his way to heavy to wear jacket.

beltjones
07-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Hey! He did a good job of it until he removed his way to heavy to wear jacket.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day when the tacticool dudes think it's better to actually get some training and learn to shoot than to simulate Batman's utility belt in anticipation of being in a 125 round running gun battle on the way to work at the call center.

ToddG
07-20-2011, 11:25 PM

I have an awesome photo of SLG in a hat... :cool:

grimel
07-21-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm eagerly awaiting the day when the tacticool dudes think it's better to actually get some training and learn to shoot than to simulate Batman's utility belt in anticipation of being in a 125 round running gun battle on the way to work at the call center.

Don't hold your breath. Having the Bat Belt and a couple hundred rounds on tap is much cheaper. BTW, he only had 104. I don't think any of our Sheriff deputies carry that much on their belt and they know they won't have help at night in less than 30 minutes.

John Ralston
07-21-2011, 11:48 AM
I have an awesome photo of SLG in a hat... :cool:

I hope he isn't wearing heels too...

ubervic
07-21-2011, 05:16 PM
What a funny thread---I haven't laughed out loud reading a forum thread in like 6 months!!

Odin Bravo One
07-21-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't carry that much spare rifle ammunition on my gear. Let alone concealed pistol ammunition.

beltjones
07-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Don't hold your breath. Having the Bat Belt and a couple hundred rounds on tap is much cheaper. BTW, he only had 104. I don't think any of our Sheriff deputies carry that much on their belt and they know they won't have help at night in less than 30 minutes.

I stand by my "125 rounds" number. Obviously at some point in the gun battle he would find a sweet battlefield pick-up FN Five-seveN with 20 in the CLIP and one in the pipe.

grimel
07-22-2011, 12:50 AM
I stand by my "125 rounds" number. Obviously at some point in the gun battle he would find a sweet battlefield pick-up FN Five-seveN with 20 in the CLIP and one in the pipe.

I cede the point.

Joe in PNG
07-22-2011, 01:04 AM
I have to wonder- does he not know a single person that would be able to step in and tell him "Now whoa there, hoss- that's just plain, pure wrong!"

Are we in George Lucas territory here- are all his associates yes men and lickspittles either too in awe or too afraid to point out the obvious fail? "Oh, yes you are so right, Mr. Lucas, Jar Jar is going to be the funniest thing ever!"

It's one thing when Bubba and Cletus make a dumb video like this, featuring the nonsense they heard at the Kobra Kai Dojo. But this guy runs a major knife making company- he should know at least one person with a clue.

Just sad... yet so utterly funny.

irishshooter
07-22-2011, 07:57 AM

hahahahahaha

Wheeler
07-22-2011, 09:40 PM
I saw this going around FB the other day. Up until I learned who was in the video I was intent on picking up a couple of Cold Steel knives. I have since decided to boycott them so as to not fund this sort of lunacy.

Slavex
07-23-2011, 08:11 AM
We were approached on our Canadian Forum by Cold Steels marketing people, to give away sets of these videos. I think I am going to recommend "no".

Tamara
07-23-2011, 09:08 AM
It's one thing when Bubba and Cletus make a dumb video like this, featuring the nonsense they heard at the Kobra Kai Dojo. But this guy runs a major knife making company- he should know at least one person with a clue.

Within 30 seconds of setting foot in the Cold Steel booth at SHOT, I just couldn't get the thought "Wow, what a jerk!" out of my head.

That's gotta have an effect on the kind of people you can get to work for you for any length of time...

JV_
07-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Within 30 seconds of setting foot in the ... booth at SHOT, I just couldn't get the thought "Wow, what a jerk!" out of my head.That's been my experience with 90% of the custom 1911 booths @ SHOT. There was one guy who was so bad I had to look at his badge to remember his name for a mental note .... he was the son of the well known guy.

John Ralston
07-23-2011, 11:11 AM
That's been my experience with 90% of the custom 1911 booths @ SHOT. There was one guy who was so bad I had to look at his badge to remember his name for a mental note .... he was the son of the well known guy.

Next time stop by LTW - lots of nice looking 1911's and the guys are really nice to talk to ;)

I have never been to the CS Booth though, so I can't comment - too many other really tallented custom knife makers. I will just have to take Tamara's word for it!

Jac
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM

Tempkin is teh shiznit...

Who needs to take a Shooting on the Move class when you can just learn from him that you move straight into the threat?

Kyle Reese
07-23-2011, 04:10 PM
We were approached on our Canadian Forum by Cold Steels marketing people, to give away sets of these videos. I think I am going to recommend "no".

If you get them for free, it will be at least 6 hours of laughter and an example of how not to train. Think of it as the training world's version of Gigli or these classics. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst)

Joe in PNG
07-23-2011, 04:40 PM
If you get them for free, it will be at least 6 hours of laughter and an example of how not to train. Think of it as the training world's version of Gigli or these classics. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst)

Someone has got to give these videos the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment.

Slavex
07-24-2011, 06:13 AM
hmm good idea.
I will say this, I do like my Cold Steel Tanto and Trailmaster. Great knives. However I'd never own one of their swords (not that I'm a big sword guy). Daniel Tosh had an interesting time almost impaling one of his cameramen with one that came apart.

LittleLebowski
07-24-2011, 08:17 AM
I have to wonder- does he not know a single person that would be able to step in and tell him "Now whoa there, hoss- that's just plain, pure wrong!"

Are we in George Lucas territory here- are all his associates yes men and lickspittles either too in awe or too afraid to point out the obvious fail? "Oh, yes you are so right, Mr. Lucas, Jar Jar is going to be the funniest thing ever!"

Just sad... yet so utterly funny.

You nailed it. Great post.

Tamara
07-24-2011, 09:07 AM
hmm good idea.
I will say this, I do like my Cold Steel Tanto and Trailmaster. Great knives. However I'd never own one of their swords (not that I'm a big sword guy). Daniel Tosh had an interesting time almost impaling one of his cameramen with one that came apart.

At Blade Show in... '03? ...whenever they first released their historical replica swords... I was checking out their replica of the British Pattern 1796 Light Cavalry Saber and remarked (in a tone of voice that would indicate approval) to a friend that it looked like a pretty accurate copy of an original.

The salesman literally got all bowed up at me and huffed "I think you'll find that it's an exact replica, if you'll go to a museum and examine an original."

"I can go to my living room and examine an original," I replied (mentally adding "you tool.")

Seriously, this is a trade show. For all the guy knows, I'm some buyer for a chain of stores that was about to order 500 of his widgets and his opening move is to mouth off to me? It's incidents like that which lead me to believe that there's a corporate culture of douchebaggery at work.

(The couple of Tantos and the one Recon 1 folder I've owned were all fine and perfectly serviceable knives, FWIW.)

Wheeler
07-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't recall hearing anything bad about any of his knives that I can recall. Unless some blad snob starts comparing them to a Randall or some Master Bladesmith's work. Mass or semi-mass production will never equal that sort of craftsmanship. I do stand by what I said, regardless of the quality of CS knives, I won't use my money to fund his silliness. I can get knives just as well made at comparble prices from folks that are interested in making knives, not BS videos full of questionable at best, downright dangerous at worst tactics and firearms manipulation.

SecondsCount
07-25-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't recall hearing anything bad about any of his knives that I can recall. Unless some blad snob starts comparing them to a Randall or some Master Bladesmith's work. Mass or semi-mass production will never equal that sort of craftsmanship. I do stand by what I said, regardless of the quality of CS knives, I won't use my money to fund his silliness. I can get knives just as well made at comparble prices from folks that are interested in making knives, not BS videos full of questionable at best, downright dangerous at worst tactics and firearms manipulation.

I always thought their prices were high for what you were getting. The handles seemed cheap and the riveted blade may have been strong but reeked of corner cutting.

The overhyped marketing sealed the deal for me. My first quality knife was a Victorinox Swiss Army and later a Benchmade so I don't consider myself a knife snob either.

HeadHunter
08-03-2011, 08:01 PM
How come the video is private now?

At least they left Never Unarmed out there for public consumption.

http://youtu.be/bGdjpmwwkHc

Kyle Reese
08-03-2011, 08:09 PM

That looks like some......outstanding.....training, readily applicable to the military member, LEO or civilian.....:cool:

John Ralston
08-03-2011, 08:33 PM
That looks like some......outstanding.....training, readily applicable to the military member, LEO or civilian.....:cool:

I agree...I was attacked by an entire herd of mellons just last week...could have used the info on the DVD :D

F-Trooper05
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM

If you want to see the rest just cough up the $119.99 that he's charging on his website, you cheap bastard.

MDS
08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I agree...I was attacked by an entire herd of mellons just last week...could have used the info on the DVD :D

Not to nit-pick, but melons come in hordes. You were attacked by a horde of melons. Not to make light of your harrowing experience, but Melon Week is my second favorite time of year, right after Shark Week.

ETA: I think Ripping Fire Technique alone is worth the price of the DVDs. ;)

John Ralston
08-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Not to nit-pick, but melons come in hordes. You were attacked by a horde of melons. Not to make light of your harrowing experience, but Melon Week is my second favorite time of year, right after Shark Week.

ETA: I think Ripping Fire Technique alone is worth the price of the DVDs. ;)

You esoteric bastard...

DonovanM
08-04-2011, 12:09 AM

Oh the world we live in. I'm sitting here as a brokeass college student with a nearly perfect GPA having just made A class in USPSA Production after only shooting the sport for 9 months, with aspirations of winning the Nationals - all the while not having the money for ammo to practice regularly outside of the few matches I get to shoot. And this morbidly obese, mouth-breathing cut-rate knife salesman is in hog heaven shooting as much ammo as he apparently eats bacon.

I'm hanging in there but it sure is frustrating sometimes. LOL

Kyle Reese
08-04-2011, 04:09 AM
Oh the world we live in. I'm sitting here as a brokeass college student with a nearly perfect GPA having just made A class in USPSA Production after only shooting the sport for 9 months, with aspirations of winning the Nationals - all the while not having the money for ammo to practice regularly outside of the few matches I get to shoot. And this morbidly obese, mouth-breathing cut-rate knife salesman is in hog heaven shooting as much ammo as he apparently eats bacon.

Well, the entire shooting world isn't laughing at you. That's a plus. The same can't be said for the knife salesman. :cool:

I can't tell you how many times I've been attacked by melons, water jugs and sides of beef.

beltjones
08-04-2011, 07:45 AM

I'm with you brother. I'm about to sell off most of my gear to help pay for surgery so I can keep shooting, and this guy is surrounded by yes men who helped him put together the training videos, "Secrets of Ripping Fire" and "How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot, Eventually," and people are going to buy them, just like they bought the big black rubber baseball bat that his retarded company sells. Seriously: http://www.coldsteel.com/brooklynsmasher.html

I know people aren't buying them for baseball or softball, and I'm pretty sure no one with a brain would pick one of those things for a "self defense tool," so why are they buying them? Maybe you can opt to include a jar of lube at checkout...

DonovanM
08-04-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm with you brother. I'm about to sell off most of my gear to help pay for surgery so I can keep shooting, and this guy is surrounded by yes men who helped him put together the training videos, "Secrets of Ripping Fire" and "How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot, Eventually," and people are going to buy them, just like they bought the big black rubber baseball bat that his retarded company sells. Seriously: http://www.coldsteel.com/brooklynsmasher.html

I know people aren't buying them for baseball or softball, and I'm pretty sure no one with a brain would pick one of those things for a "self defense tool," so why are they buying them? Maybe you can opt to include a jar of lube at checkout...

Ouch. Been there. Count yourself fortunate you're not selling it so you can eat.

Seriously, "ripping fire" sounds like the aftereffects of a late-night Taco Bell run. Wish I could have seen the original vid :(

jlw
08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I have an ample tactical gut; so, I am poking fun at myself with this one:

His next video: "Combat Fitness"

jetfire
08-04-2011, 02:56 PM
The original video is up on Liveleak (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95f_1311250388).

SecondsCount
08-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Using DownloadHelper I grabbed the video off youtube before it was taken down but unfortunately the audio came out garbled. :(

Thanks for posting the link caleb.

DonovanM
08-04-2011, 04:26 PM
The original video is up on Liveleak (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95f_1311250388).

Well done, nice find.

Jerry Mick-you-lek... LOL

JAD
08-04-2011, 10:27 PM
All through the 90s I was hoping to see video of Big Lynn swinging a bull mastiff by it's hind legs, slicing a 2" thick jute rope in half.

That guy really likes his bull mastiffs.

I've always thought of cold steel as the Glock of the knife world; functional, grossly overpriced at exactly what the market will bear, and run by a lunatic.

TGS
08-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks for sharing the link to liveleak with us!

I wasn't able to view the video the first time around. You guys said he was an idiot.....but, wow....now I can really understand the gravity of, "I'd feel comfortable getting in a gun fight with this guy."

Honestly, I'm surprised and very disappointed he didn't rig up a Draco AK pistol on a shoulder sling.....

fuse
08-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I've always thought of cold steel as the Glock of the knife world; functional, grossly overpriced at exactly what the market will bear, and run by a lunatic.

Rofl me timbers

beltjones
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM

I hate that you made that comparison. Now I feel myself being drawn to a cold steel knife or rapier or something. Maybe a Chinese broadsword? I could use one of those, right?

TCinVA
08-05-2011, 08:34 AM
I hate that you made that comparison. Now I feel myself being drawn to a cold steel knife or rapier or something. Maybe a Chinese broadsword? I could use one of those, right?

If you've got whole pigs or boots stuffed with chunks of meat, you've got a use for the Chinese Broad Sword!

*** Full disclosure: TCinVA is currently carrying a Cold Steel Braveheart...but he's never used it to stab a cinderblock or anything.

Tamara
08-05-2011, 08:47 AM
It's an apt parallel.

Those goofy "Proof" videos from CS always reminded me of the Stupid Pistol Tricks that Glock uses in their marketing. "...and then we ran the pistol through a chipper-shredder and dumped the shavings in a volcano after running it over with a tank, and it still fired 1,000,000 rounds without a malfunction."

Yeah, Gaston, I'm all the time freezing my CCW piece in a block of ice, so it's good to know that it'll take it...

beltjones
08-05-2011, 09:01 AM
It's an apt parallel.

Those goofy "Proof" videos from CS always reminded me of the Stupid Pistol Tricks that Glock uses in their marketing. "...and then we ran the pistol through a chipper-shredder and dumped the shavings in a volcano after running it over with a tank, and it still fired 1,000,000 rounds without a malfunction."

Yeah, Gaston, I'm all the time freezing my CCW piece in a block of ice, so it's good to know that it'll take it...

I seriously hate you guys right now.

DonovanM
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Until Cold Steel starts making the Musashi Boat Oar, they ain't gettin any money from me :D

JAD
08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
At least as much as you could use a Glock carbine.

Another valid parallel: I've sold every Cold Steel I've owned, and never lost more than 10% on the vigorish. Glocks are like rental guns for me.

Mitchell, Esq.
08-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I guess they want people to pony up the $120 bucks to find out what happens when you mix a LARPer and firearms.

LIGHTNING BOLT!!! LIGHTNING BOLT!!! WORK THE BOLT!!!!

Do not rag on LARP people.

The only reason I take firearm classes is to boost my character's stats.

(Yeah, its a tough LARP group. If you want the dots in the stats, you have to actually be able to perform the task. Getting dots in Thamaturgy & Occult Lore was a bitch...)

Gadfly
08-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Wow, that is 24 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Douche...

SecondsCount
08-05-2011, 11:01 PM
If you've got whole pigs or boots stuffed with chunks of meat, you've got a use for the Chinese Broad Sword!

*** Full disclosure: TCinVA is currently carrying a Cold Steel Braveheart...but he's never used it to stab a cinderblock or anything.

Too funny! :D