PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic sights.

rsa-otc
07-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Has any one got any experience with TruGlo's Tritium Fiber Optic Sights? The potential has me intrigued.

ToddG
07-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Hate them.

Awesome concept. Horrible execution.

Front is too wide. The rear sight dots are monstrously bright and in your face compared to the front. You cannot replace the FO tube when it gets dirty or scratched, which it will. Mine started to lose brightness noticeably after about 10k rounds.

tigerdvr
07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
I have the green/yellow on three hard use pistols and I like them a lot.
They are an improved item by our agency (large southeast SO).
If you have aging eyes you'll like them even more.

Odin Bravo One
07-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Not for what they cost............

No way.

They saw me coming too, and quite easily got that money out of my hand. Once. But mine didn't last more than maybe 4500 rounds of hard use in extreme environments before the FO was so badly scratched and filthy that you barely knew the fsight had tritium. Looked like 20 y/o night sights. Just enough glow in pitch black to know that once upon a time, they might have been pretty decent. In any other light, they looked like really wide target sights........all black.

DocGKR
07-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Lot's of guys here got them a few years ago--we loved them...until they all began to break; TFO's customer support was pitiful and the product too fragile as mentioned. Everyone I know has removed them from their pistols.

rsa-otc
07-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks Guys;

It's a shame because as Todd Said Awesome Concept.

Mitchell, Esq.
07-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Someone wanted to show me her Glock 17 with the fiber optics on it...

Nice rear. The front FO fell out.

Gadfly
07-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I just installed TFO sights on my duty back up Glock 26 about one month ago... I like them, still do. BUT, they are allready showing rust on them. I still like the sight picture, but rust after a month? SERIOUSLY??? I carry it ankle on duty and IWB off duty. It is Texas, and it is hot and humid, but still that is no excuse for a cheap blued finish.

Corvus
07-18-2011, 07:19 PM
I tried them , purchased two sets at the same time. One didn't last 2 weeks before the front sight was useless , the other held up OK but was on a back up gun and when it was used I was careful about the sights after the first set going bad so quick.

mongooseman
07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Fiber optic popped off. Loved the combo of tru-glo front with regular tritium rear sights, but to fragile for hard use. I wouldn't put them on a self defense gun.

The_Dave
07-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Mine have been good so far.

Green front/yellow rear, and the result is that the front sight shows up nicely and the rear is subdued. A little too subdued, actually.

I'm very careful not to get any solvent on the inserts while cleaning, as I've read that dulls the FO. This isn't a hard-use gun per se (range use, mostly) so I'm hoping they'll last a good long while. I'm beginning to have doubts though, in light of some of the responses here.

FJ1200SC
10-02-2011, 01:48 AM
I have the same comments as THE_DAVE.

I have mine on my M&P9C concealed carry gun and I really like them. They assist me quite well, as I have focus issues at arms length.