PDA

View Full Version : USPSA Board Shake Up

PPGMD
08-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Three new directors appointed.

http://uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Area-Director-Announcements-184

Here are the new Area Director replacements:

Area 1 - Bruce Gary
Bruce brings years of BOD experience to the board. He is easily over qualified for the position and has been a source of knowledge for USPSA for many years. I was shocked that we could get him to return with his busy work schedule, but we're lucky to have him.

Area 4 - Art Brown
Art actually ran against Troy in the last AD4 election. Art is a fair and dedicated member of USPSA. He's worked more Nationals than I can count, and his experience with NROI as a Range Master Instructor will be very welcome. I'm confident that he will do an excellent job, with big shoes to fill.

Area 6 - Chris Palmer
Chris came heavily recommended as an Area 6 Director replacement. Although Chris has not been a member of USPSA very long, his involvement with the organization has been very active. His love for the shooting sports can only be rivaled by his extensive business experience.

Big shake up, between the cheating and the attempt to remove Jay Corn by the way he handled revealing a conflict of interests issue (which he prevailed but ultimately resigned).

Honestly I am concerned, there is no mention of a Special Election, per the USPSA by laws, Area 6 should be up for special election since there is enough of his term left.

Finally the next BOD meeting is about some major changes, which IMO we shouldn't be doing when we have three appointed BOD members.

Lon
08-21-2014, 07:15 PM
One of the last USPSA down range email newsletters had a post about a special election for area 6. Didn't mention the area 4 director resigning. Just 1&6.

PPGMD
08-21-2014, 07:29 PM
One of the last USPSA down range email newsletters had a post about a special election for area 6. Didn't mention the area 4 director resigning. Just 1&6.

I unsubscribed from that as it seemed like all crap. I guess occasionally it has something of value in it.