PDA

View Full Version : Shot Timers and Public Ranges.

GardoneVT
08-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Is there a shot timer, app or otherwise, which can distinguish my shots from someone elses at a public gun range? I go to an indoor range on Tuesday evenings when its nearly empty, yet last time everyone and their momma went shooting when I did-which rendered my shot timer app unuseable.

JV_
08-13-2014, 09:45 AM
The Pocket Pro II has an easily adjusted sensitivity setting. Buy it from Brownells for their return policy.

You can also search this site for more info, we've discussed this specific problem a few times in the past.

Chuck Whitlock
08-13-2014, 09:45 AM
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?10863-ShotMaxx-Wristwatch-Timer

LittleLebowski
08-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Had good results with my Pocket Pro II based upon ToddG's recommendation. I do not have personal experience with it but the ShotMaxx timer can be set to run off of the recoil, I believe.

Sheep Have Wool
08-13-2014, 01:50 PM
I've got the Shotmaxx timer, as referenced above, and it works perfectly for this. That said, the firmware update process is clunky, and it requires a smartphone app to really reach its full potential.

Tamara
08-13-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm groovin' on my ShotMaxx. Guy set up next to me and started running his gauge in the same bay, and I flipped to the inertial sensor and drove on.

dookie1481
08-13-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm groovin' on my ShotMaxx. Guy set up next to me and started running his gauge in the same bay, and I flipped to the inertial sensor and drove on.

Yep, they are awesome.

JohnO
08-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Mike Pannone is using a Shotmax timer while instructing his classes and he speaks very highly about it.

Rick Finsta
08-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Caveat: I built my race car's ECU and have a bit of experience with hardware/firmware/software integration issues following that ordeal.

I found the firmware update on the Shotmaxx to be intuitive and painless. The directions seemed to be very easy to follow and I had no problems with the process, which was complete in less than ten minutes start to finish.

Sheep Have Wool
08-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Caveat: I built my race car's ECU and have a bit of experience with hardware/firmware/software integration issues following that ordeal.

I found the firmware update on the Shotmaxx to be intuitive and painless. The directions seemed to be very easy to follow and I had no problems with the process, which was complete in less than ten minutes start to finish.

In my non-gun-forum life, I deal with software/developers all day long. I was able to get it updated easily enough, but there's a fair bit of low-hanging user experience fruit that could make the process significantly easier than it is for the non-techies out there.