07-27-2014, 06:20 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://youtu.be/iO0jUAzOsV8

Tamara
07-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Awwwww yeah. :cool:

Totem Polar
07-27-2014, 07:22 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fiRHiYNlYbw/Sq7SYMHaYCI/AAAAAAAAARM/C3DgNfWd0qU/s400/dystopia+button.jpg

jc000
07-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Well… I was really excited about this movie…

Jay Cunningham
07-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Might be cool?

Cacafuego
07-27-2014, 09:06 PM
1. I'm lost. The woman is the lead?

2. There's no possibility that this will equal the original two, but it couldn't be worse than the third, Mel Gibson versions. (As I glance nervously at the "Star Wars" atrocities)

3. Mel should have been forced to appear in some capacity.

Coyotesfan97
07-27-2014, 10:06 PM
I'll go see this in ten months

Tamara
07-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Some people would &^*#$ if you hanged them with a new rope, I swear.

Dagga Boy
07-28-2014, 07:02 AM

I m with you on this one.

LSP972
07-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Oh, HELL yes! #2 grandson and I will be first in line.

LSP972
07-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Some people would &^*#$ if you hanged them with a new rope, I swear.

Or shot them with a new bullet. Same sort of elitist that turns his/her nose up at TWD.

Speaking of which, the official Season Five trailer is out. The director guy said the season opener makes a couple of really unexpected left turns.

Sadmin
07-28-2014, 07:42 AM
This movie needs moar tom hardy! I'm pumped though... Always nice to see VS models in a post apocalyptic desert wasteland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc000
07-28-2014, 08:25 AM
Sorry – as I've re-watched the originals enough times (and believe me – I have!) Mad Max definitely comes out ahead as the best. And no, not even considering the godawful third one.

I'll admit it was initially difficult to see the brilliance of the first movie, but once the non-dubbed version was made available, it clearly took the lead. The cinematography, especially during the final part of the movie (the chase and chicken on the bridge scene – brilliant!) is amazing.

Seeing as this film is supposed to take place between the first two, I was truly hoping we'd see something a little less post apocalyptic/steampunk and more near future/dystopian like Mad Max or even Blade Runner. I'll definitely see it, and Tom Hardy is an excellent choice to play Max, but I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that they went more Road Warrior and less Mad Max.

Because Mad Max is basically my favorite fuggin' movie evar.

TR675
07-28-2014, 09:07 AM
I loved the Road Warrior. Mad Max was amazing considering that it was basically a micro-budget indie movie. I don't think I ever sat through Thunderdome in a single sitting, but I didn't hate it.

What I like about George Miller's movies is that they are so kinetic. There's some computer generated stuff but it's literally atmosphere, and takes a back seat to giant trucks and ludicrous cars running into each other at high speed. The vehicular carnage is all real and you have to ask how he's doing that without murdering his stuntmen (the answer being, luck...). Just seeing the trailer is really refreshing after 20 years of digitally added smash ups.

I would be interested in a little more near future and a little less dystopian, but I'll take what I can get and smile all the way home. And I'll pretty much happily watch anything with Hardy and Theron in it. Ever see Locke? Or Monster?

NETim
07-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Like the Old West (judging by The Rifleman and Bonanza), apparently is no shortage of psychos in the future either.

Note to Ben, Hoss, Adam, Nick, Heath and Victoria, when an "Old Friend" pays an unexpected visit to the homestead, blow 'em out of the saddle, RIGHT NOW! They're always psychos and they're always trouble.

And Ben, just how many times have you given away that "little 40 acres down by the creek?" There must be a 1000 poor souls crowded in on that little patch of ground by now. Is this some kind of cruel joke? No wonder the townfolks are always crying to string you up who were just five minutes ago testifying as to what a good man and friend you are. Get a clue!

Anyway, I'm not sure this flick appeals to me or not. Have to consult with Lucas McCain. He's always in town, meddlin' in other folks' affairs. Don't know how he keeps that ranch of his runnin'.

RoyGBiv
07-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Looks like a Redbox movie to me... On a big screen home theater, of course.

Trooper224
07-28-2014, 05:48 PM
"I am the night rider baby!"

Interesting tidbit on the original: The vehicles used in the opening scene were such pieces of shite, the top speed on any of them was fifty miles an hour. They had to speed the film up to make the chase look presentable.

Coyotesfan97
07-28-2014, 06:22 PM
The Pursuit Special. Last of the V8 Interceptors. I've got to watch some movies.

RevolverRob
07-28-2014, 06:25 PM
I'll watch this one, like I watched all of the originals. Only other non-superhero series working out for me right now is the Expendables, which I think will be all done up by the time #3 is wide-released next month.

Seems like a tough challenge to not make a superhero/fantasy action movie these days, too many big effects, not enough genuinely good action.

-Rob

Gadfly
07-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Where is his Blue Healer?

Also, if this takes place before "the Road Warrior" which was released in 1981, why is Max seen packing a Glock which would not be in production? Or am I being too much of a gun nerd?

Bigguy
07-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Redboxxxxx!

TR675
12-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Redboxxxxx!

https://sweettalkconversation.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/download.jpg

http://youtu.be/YWNWi-ZWL3c

http://image9.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/18929376/views/1,width=178,height=178,appearanceId=196/Yup!.jpg

GardoneVT
12-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Nope.

Hope everyone likes the trailer, cause that's probably all the good parts it has. The rest will be watered down, PC edited environmentalist hipster trash.

TR675
12-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Have you ever seen the Road Warrior?

Not really a lot of social commentary in there.

MGW
12-11-2014, 10:56 PM
I can get over some tree hugger BS if there's enough awesome in it. Looks like there might be some awesome in it. Although the last "blockbuster" Charlize Theron was in that I watched, Prometheus, wasn't very good.

TR675
12-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Guys. These are 'splody westerns set after the collapse of society.

Having seen the previous movies, I will go out on a limb and guess the predominant theme will be "George Miller likes crashing cars, hey look that was a cool car crash!"

Bigguy
12-12-2014, 05:51 PM
I can get over some tree hugger BS if there's enough awesome in it. Looks like there might be some awesome in it. Although the last "blockbuster" Charlize Theron was in that I watched, Prometheus, wasn't very good.

What the dickens are you on about?? It had Charlize Theron in it. Seems like there were some other people too, and an alien I think. I'm pretty sure I remember a space ship. But it had Charlize Theron in it!

ETA: Now if you could have gotten Kate Beckinsale in there too, we're talking Oscar shoe-in.

MGW
12-12-2014, 06:25 PM
What the dickens are you on about?? It had Charlize Theron in it. Seems like there were some other people too, and an alien I think. I'm pretty sure I remember a space ship. But it had Charlize Theron in it!

ETA: Now if you could have gotten Kate Beckinsale in there too, we're talking Oscar shoe-in.

Maybe I'm showing my age?

GardoneVT
12-12-2014, 07:06 PM

Dont get too excited.....

Charlize Theron has convinced new boyfriend Sean Penn that it's time to give up his gun collection.

Women (http://www.eonline.com/news/498251/charlize-theron-convinces-new-boyfriend-sean-penn-to-get-rid-of-his-guns-anderson-cooper-buys-sculpture-of-weapons-for-1-4-million) like that are NOT nice people, in my experience.

Trooper224
12-13-2014, 12:57 AM

Don't forget Milla Jovovich.

Jay Cunningham
12-13-2014, 12:59 AM
I have a thing for Milla Jojovitch - she's a little long in the tooth now but I still like her. Kate is still pretty good, too.

Charlize doesn't do it for me, at least comparatively speaking.

Hambo
12-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Nope.

Hope everyone likes the trailer, cause that's probably all the good parts it has. The rest will be watered down, PC edited environmentalist hipster trash.

Yeah...one cool rat rod and a lever gun in the trailer isn't going to get it. I've seen parts of the originals and I just don't dig the whole "guy wanders the post-civilization desert with KISS rejects chasing him" theme.

MGW
12-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Because fire, explosion, loud noises, ass kicking, over actors. But if it's an end of the world version of the fast five nonsense I will be very disappointed.

TR675
12-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Because fire, explosion, loud noises, ass kicking, over actors.

Yea...I don't care what the monkeys think, I just want them to dance for me.

But if it's an end of the world version of the fast five nonsense I will be very disappointed.

All right thinking people can agree with this.

LockedBreech
12-14-2014, 01:32 AM

+1

Trooper224
12-14-2014, 03:13 AM
I have a thing for Milla Jojovitch - she's a little long in the tooth now but I still like her. Kate is still pretty good, too.

Charlize doesn't do it for me, at least comparatively speaking.

My wife and I have a standing agreement: She can have Hugh Jackman if I get Kate Beckinsale, just in case we ever run into them ya know. Could happen.

Charlize Theron? Meh.

Slavex
12-14-2014, 12:58 PM
I will be going to this, at least twice, maybe 3 times. If Charlize gets naked (remembers that old Playboy with her in it...) probably 4 times. Too bad she's an anti-gunnut, but whatever, she's hot.