PDA

View Full Version : Pistol-Forum Newbie saying, "Hello!"

shep854
07-09-2011, 08:12 AM
I didn't see a "New Members" forum, so this seemed to be a good place to start off and introduce myself.
I am on a number of other shooting sites as "shep854", so some of you likely have seen my posts. I found this site via a link from another site. Being a handgun shooter primarily, I am really interested in Pistol-Forum. From the few visits so far, it looks like a very nice (and well-run) site. Sadly, there are sites that seem to be managed by kids and wannabes, with too much bluff and bluster.
I'm looking forward to learning, sharing and laughing!

JM Campbell
07-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Welcome aboard!

Kyle Reese
07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Welcome! :)

You'll find that the unsubstantiated BS, chest thumping and name calling so prevalent elsewhere in cyberspace doesn't fly here. So no worries there.

We have outstanding and well informed members from all walks of life here, we welcome your contribution as well. :cool:

shep854
07-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks! I've always been "pro-gun", but didn't get "active" until the late '80s, and have carried regularly since '89. Thankfully, I've never had to use my "buddy", but it has been a comfort a time or two. Safe shooting is also a ton of fun!:D

agent-smith
07-09-2011, 10:36 PM
At first, I thought you were someone else that left the "1" off the end of your name.

Regardless, welcome to the forum!!!

NickA
07-10-2011, 12:00 AM
We have outstanding and well informed members from all walks of life here, we welcome your contribution as well. :cool:
There's also people like me but don't let that discourage you;)
Welcome!

Tamara
07-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Welcome! :)