PDA

View Full Version : See if you can figure out what's wrong with these weapons...

F-Trooper05
07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
This has been a pretty big story in Alaska over the past few months. Long story short, some "Sovereign Citizens" (AKA: "Shitheads") plotted to kill some State Troopers, a federal judge, and an IRS agent. Anyways, take a look at their high speed kit...

http://newsminer.com/pages/full_story/push?need_to_add=true&id=14630220&content_instance=14630220

dookie1481
07-08-2011, 05:11 PM
This has been a pretty big story in Alaska over the past few months. Long story short, some "Sovereign Citizens" (AKA: "Shitheads") plotted to kill some State Troopers, a federal judge, and an IRS agent. Anyways, take a look at their high speed kit...

http://newsminer.com/pages/full_story/push?need_to_add=true&id=14630220&content_instance=14630220

The comp with a can on it? LOL

Tamara
07-10-2011, 08:05 AM
So, they were going to shoot them with the P-22 until it ran dry and then beat them to death with the dummy grenades?

The comp with a can on it? LOL

That's a P-22 with the extended barrel. The "compensator" slots are purely cosmetic.

ToddG
07-10-2011, 08:29 AM
That's a P-22 with the extended barrel. The "compensator" slots are purely cosmetic.

Some might say that description applies to the P-22 in general. :cool:

SLG
07-10-2011, 08:43 AM
So, they were going to shoot them with the P-22 until it ran dry and then beat them to death with the dummy grenades?

Where does it say anything about the grenades being fake?

The article talks about a lot more weapons than the ones shown.

Tamara
07-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Where does it say anything about the grenades being fake?

It doesn't. I'm basing my guess on the blue spoons and fuse assemblies and the clearly visible holes in the bottoms of a few of the grenades. They may have intended to rearm them, I suppose.

SLG
07-10-2011, 08:52 AM
I can't seem to edit my posts on the iPad I'm using...

I meant to add that I can see that they were milled, but as you noted, that's not much of an obstacle.

Tamara
07-10-2011, 09:03 AM
I think re-arming grenades is a standard fantasy among fat guys in tiger-stripe camo, but one that doesn't actually happen nearly as often as supposed.

(Safety note to Marty Militiaman: A 209 primer does not have a five-second delay...)

SLG
07-10-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't know any fat, tiger stripe wearing guys, so I'll have to defer to you on that:-) I was thinking more about ied's rather than true rearming, but either way, it's not hard to make a metal container blow up. I think they were armed and armored when they were arrested, I doubt they'd be carrying inert grenades, but what do I know. They are nuts, after all.

Tamara
07-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't know any fat, tiger stripe wearing guys, so I'll have to defer to you on that:-)

Well, I don't know what Sovereign Citizen/Militia types wear in the Frozen North; around here they're big on tiger stripes for some reason. Maybe they blend in well in soybean fields? :confused:

I wonder if these were the Turner Diaries-readin' kind, or just the garden-variety Alex Jones type? Anyhow, they sure backed a winner with that Cox guy. :rolleyes:

(And what's up with the semiauto beltfed? Seriously. What tactical niche was that supposed to fill in their little plan? "Here, Fred, you carry the thirty pound deer rifle..." :confused: )

Josh Runkle
07-11-2011, 07:57 AM
"A .30-cal Machinegun...not fully automatic."

NickA
07-11-2011, 11:20 AM
"A .30-cal Machinegun...not fully automatic."
Got a laugh out of that one too.

Wheeler
07-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Note to self: Review the plan to rearm demilled grenades using 209 primers as detonators.... :D