PDA

View Full Version : This just in: pistols popular among handgun-owners...

jc000
07-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Here's some hard-hitting journalism for you:

The 5 Most Dangerous Guns in America (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/pictures/the-5-most-dangerous-guns-in-america-20140714/pistols-0108072)

Prepare to be educated.

MDS
07-15-2014, 10:04 PM
In other news, humans have opposable thumbs! More at 11.

LOKNLOD
07-15-2014, 10:34 PM
I already facepalmed myself into looking like i lost a title fight over this on my facebook.

"Top 5 deadliest vehicles on America's highways!"
1. Cars
2. Trucks
3. SUVs
4. Motorcycles
5. Auto-trucks*

*we really meant Semi-trucks but as "journalists" we're obligated to confuse Semi- and Auto-

Mike C
07-15-2014, 10:59 PM
"Some grenade launchers, shotguns, and rifles also have rotating barrels" <--- I almost pissed myself laughing at this, and again wasted perfectly good whiskey. First thought was someone owes me a damn drink. Second, this clip below about sums it up.

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

Tamara
07-15-2014, 11:28 PM
That was the most fatuous thing I'd read in all my born days.

"The most popular guns for criminal use are pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, and derringers."

Really? No $#!+? Huh... I'd have sworn Gatlings would have made the list.

Zhurdan
07-15-2014, 11:37 PM
Well, they did at least write it to the highest reading level of their audience. :cool: Rolling Stone really isn't the beacon of literary masterpieces, after all.

Suvorov
07-16-2014, 01:01 AM
http://www.mtv.com/news/1866199/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-anti-gun-experts/

I'll just add this one to the mix to bring on more bewilderment. Apparently MTV is not to be outdone by their newstand counterpart. Because people didn't kill each other with mind blowing efficiency and depravity before the advent of the firearm. Yeah, Braveheart was just a bunch of Mel Gibson NRA propaganda.........

Totem Polar
07-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Comments were pretty good on this one, eg. "Obviously Rolling Stone is not a high capacity magazine."
:D

jc000
07-16-2014, 02:53 AM
Comments were pretty good on this one, eg. "Obviously Rolling Stone is not a high capacity magazine."
:D
Hahaha, awesome!

DiscipulusArmorum
07-16-2014, 05:26 AM
How many decades has it been since Rolling Stone was relevant as a magazine?

Chuck Haggard
07-16-2014, 05:45 AM
I have lost track of how many people I have told that I don't need to "imagine a world without guns...", because history.

Even for non reading tards I point them towards watching 300 or Braveheart for examples of a peaceful world without guns.

Joe in PNG
07-16-2014, 06:00 AM

When did PJ O'Rourke leave them?
Plus, it's a pity that Hunter Thompson is dead..

Tamara
07-16-2014, 06:28 AM

I haven't read them with any regularity since the mid-'90s. I think the last issue I bought was in '01 or '02.

Like National Geographic, one-note editorializing has eaten another magazine that I enjoyed.

(I purchased an issue of Nat'l Geographic a couple years ago because the cover promised a story about recent discoveries in vanished Doggerland. Mesolithic Europe being a topic of interest to me, I grabbed it and found out to my disappointment that the article spent less time actually talking about the finds than about what Doggerland could teach us about climate change. I wanted to read more about these new finds about the Maglemosian culture and these bastiges wouldn't even tell me what kind of SUVs they drove that melted the glaciers!)

LOKNLOD
07-16-2014, 07:32 AM
http://www.mtv.com/news/1866199/dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-anti-gun-experts/

I'll just add this one to the mix to bring on more bewilderment. Apparently MTV is not to be outdone by their newstand counterpart. Because people didn't kill each other with mind blowing efficiency and depravity before the advent of the firearm. Yeah, Braveheart was just a bunch of Mel Gibson NRA propaganda.........

It always blows my mind how the people that the people longing for this no-gun utopia of mano-a-mano fist fights are the ones who'd have about as much power as a toddler if they lived in a world of purely might makes right?

The reason "no guns" would be a rule for the apes is because without that tool, the humans are no threat. A chimp can tear a mans arms off and beat him with them. Think they're scared of getting in a rumble with the no-fur gang? Keeping the humans unarmed keeps them in check.

NETim
07-16-2014, 08:08 AM
One of my favorite quotes:

People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. -- L. Neil Smith

Mike C
07-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Though I don't agree with everything this guy said this one is pretty fitting, "a fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." --Sigmund Freud. That about sums up a lot of, "leadership" right now and the general public, though certainly not all.

It always blows my mind how the people that the people longing for this no-gun utopia of mano-a-mano fist fights are the ones who'd have about as much power as a toddler if they lived in a world of purely might makes right?

The reason "no guns" would be a rule for the apes is because without that tool, the humans are no threat. A chimp can tear a mans arms off and beat him with them. Think they're scared of getting in a rumble with the no-fur gang? Keeping the humans unarmed keeps them in check.

I love comments about, "mano-a-mano" first fights and all the my D@#$ bigger than yours commentary from anti's/lib's especially when gun owners are portrayed as some macho who used to get his feelings hurt on the playground at lunch. I wouldn't say this is a perfect assessment but I've never come across a person who wouldn't use or carry a gun who was willing to get violent enough to cave someones eye socked in or bust someone's teeth out.

Love the comment about the new film. I guess I'm not the only one that read about anti-gun theme of "Planet of the Apes 3" or what ever the name of the crappy film was that is being used as a platform to speak out against, "gun violence in America." What a damn joke. Like I said before it is a damn shame idiots constantly use the media outlet as a podium to speak out. The social media is absolutely the source of all the narcissism and feel good politics here in the US.

Kyle Reese
07-16-2014, 09:31 AM
I love comments about, "mano-a-mano" first fights and all the my D@#$ bigger than yours commentary from anti's/lib's especially when gun owners are portrayed as some macho who used to get his feelings hurt on the playground at lunch. I wouldn't say this is a perfect assessment but I've never come across a person who wouldn't use or carry a gun who was willing to get violent enough to cave in someones eye socked in or bust someone teeth out.

I always find it amusing when liberals talk about pumping iron or using fisticuffs as a metric to measure if one is a "real man", in lieu of firearms. I have to wonder how many of them have ever been in a real altercation, aside from making snarky comments at Starbucks about not getting the right amount of Moonlight-Lotus-Unicorn sprinkles on their cruelty free Tibetan decaf tea.

Joe in PNG
07-16-2014, 09:33 AM
I always find it amusing when liberals talk about pumping iron or using fisticuffs as a metric to measure if one is a "real man", in lieu of firearms. I have to wonder how many of them have ever been in a real altercation, aside from making snarky comments at Starbucks about not getting the right amount of Moonlight-Lotus-Unicorn sprinkles on their cruelty free Tibetan decaf tea.

Hey, they did Tai-bo a few years back! If that doesn't count as combat training, then what does?

Tamara
07-16-2014, 09:41 AM

Using my fists when attacked by someone who weighs 225 pounds would be as dumb as using my feet if I decided to go on a 225 mile trip. Check out the opposable thumbs, yo; I have tools for that stuff.

NETim
07-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Though I don't agree with everything this guy said this one is pretty fitting, "a fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." --Sigmund Freud. That about sums up a lot of, "leadership" right now and the general public, though certainly not all.

Great quote, but Siggy never said that. It's a Don Kates summary.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120871

Mike C
07-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Ah, thank you for the correction, could have sworn it was Sigmund.