PDA

View Full Version : 9mm M1 Carbine?

NETim
07-09-2014, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bD8D6RGNgdg

SecondsCount
07-09-2014, 10:04 AM
I want one but not sure if I trust the quality of Citadel. It would be for fun only and would nice to be able to use ammo that is more readily available, and costs less than 30 carbine.

Suvorov
07-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Great idea! Would be ideal for those if us behind enemy lines. Hopefully the quality is there but from what little I know - no one has built a good aftermarket m1 carbine besides maybe Fulton and Springfield on old GI parts?

TGS
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Great idea! Would be ideal for those if us behind enemy lines. Hopefully the quality is there but from what little I know - no one has built a good aftermarket m1 carbine besides maybe Fulton and Springfield on old GI parts?

I've never handled a Moonie Carbine, but after owning a Kahr and spending an afternoon with a Moonie Typewriter, I don't think I'd ever consider it.

So yeah, your list is probably accurate.

Suvorov
07-09-2014, 02:54 PM
I've never handled a Moonie Carbine, but after owning a Kahr and spending an afternoon with a Moonie Typewriter, I don't think I'd ever consider it.

So yeah, your list is probably accurate.

I handled one the other day. I had high hopes. Lets just say I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish.

ffhounddog
07-09-2014, 03:15 PM
But does it work? I could care less about fit and finish.

Suvorov
07-09-2014, 03:25 PM
But does it work? I could care less about fit and finish.

Didn't have a chance to shot it.

Jeep
07-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I want one but not sure if I trust the quality of Citadel. It would be for fun only and would nice to be able to use ammo that is more readily available, and costs less than 30 carbine.

I wonder how that Citadel carbine operates? Is it blow back or does it use the M1's gas system? Anyway, you can probably get a Beretta 9mm carbine for less, and they work very well. A good M1 will work nicely as well--very few rifles are as sweet as an M-1 with one of the early (not M2) stocks--but despite a lot of attempts over the years, I'm not sure anyone has gotten them to work well in an caliber but .30 carbine. And you can often buy .30 carbine ammo from SG ammo for less than $200 for 500 rounds these days--which is generally less than .45 is running.

Dropkick
07-09-2014, 04:33 PM
It takes Beretta 92 mags. Whaaa?? I think uzi mags would have at least looked a little more authentic. Either that or go full retard with glock mags.

Suvorov
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
It takes Beretta 92 mags. Whaaa?? I think uzi mags would have at least looked a little more authentic. Either that or go full retard with glock mags.

Actually this would be a primary reason I would live to have this rifle if it doesn't turn out to be a POS as my primary Pistol platform is a 92. I realize it may not be as popular as Glock, but it is perfect for me. The Beretta Carbines are problematic for those of us behind enemy lines.

According to the web page - the gun is blowback operated.

Totem Polar
07-09-2014, 05:39 PM
I sure like the idea. I will say that, if a Glock 17 had ejection like that, people would be replacing the 336 with something else.

I still like the idea. Time will tell, I suppose.

Stephen
07-09-2014, 05:43 PM
I take new people shooting as much as I can, and I think this would be a cool 2nd step after a warm up on a 22lr rifle. Fun and easy to shoot with a historical angle. It would also be a good way to demonstrate that 70 year old wood stocked guns work just like the scary black carbines. If Hi-Point can make a blowback 9mm carbine that runs decently, I'd hope this one does as well. I don't want a total piece of junk, but since it would purely be a toy for me I wouldn't have the same standards of reliability as I would for a defensive firearm. How much are they retailing for? And if it did have problems, would there be half-decent customer service available?

LHS
07-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Isn't Citadel just a re-branded Chiappa? I mean, an M1 carbine clone that takes 92 mags is freaking awesome, but Chiappa, not so much.

Suvorov
07-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Isn't Citadel just a re-branded Chiappa?

That is my understanding.......

If I were a richer man, I would spend the $700 and take the risk.

Jeep
07-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Actually this would be a primary reason I would live to have this rifle if it doesn't turn out to be a POS as my primary Pistol platform is a 92. I realize it may not be as popular as Glock, but it is perfect for me. The Beretta Carbines are problematic for those of us behind enemy lines.

According to the web page - the gun is blowback operated.

Depends what enemy lines, I suppose. In New Jersey, for example, the M1 carbine is specifically listed as an evil assault weapon, but the Beretta carbine is not, and because it doesn't have enough evil other features such as a bayonet lug, it is legal. 15 rounds only, of course--16 is evil and thus a felony--and the 15 is only protected by Christie's recent veto, but in New Jersey the Storm is the way to go.

LHS
07-10-2014, 09:57 AM
But they make TRIPLE barrel shotguns (http://www.chiappafirearms.com/products/135)!

Which ought to have TORGUE or JAKOBS engraved on the side.