PDA

View Full Version : apparently Glock makes a plastic suppressor

fuse
07-06-2011, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnahn3D2sAc&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnahn3D2sAc&feature=youtu.be

my mind. it has been blown.

I think gaston would probably make a car engine out of plastic, if he thought the internal combustion engine needed simplifying.

orionz06
07-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I believe in Europe they are much easier to get and the Glock one is "disposable".

Kyle Reese
07-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Maybe one of our South African members can chime in about the availability / legalities of owning a suppressor there...

Pretty cool.

F-Trooper05
07-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Awesome.

Avtomatt
07-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Suppressor ownership is legal here, for now. No forms or licences required.

Its getting the guns thats the trick. About the same hassle as class 3s in the US, with longer wait times.

We also have a "needs" based system meaning you have to justify every gun you want to own to the state.

Ive seen, handled and heard these GLOCK cans shot. They are pretty good, but don't last much past 15 to 20 rounds or so.

VolGrad
07-07-2011, 06:34 AM
They are pretty good, but don't last much past 15 to 20 rounds or so.
Good enough for wet work. :cool:

WDW
07-07-2011, 07:56 AM
That's cool, but how exactly is an XD "looking forward" as he put it?

Shellback
07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Neat suppressor. Sounds a lil pricey for it's life span though.

That's cool, but how exactly is an XD "looking forward" as he put it?

I believe he said he was "looking forward to the XD and the M&P" due to shooting Glocks for so long and being excited for new polymer pistols to hit the market. Competition tends to make people step up their game, even Glock.

jetfire
07-07-2011, 04:01 PM
That's actually pretty rad. I really wish we could repeal the NFA tax on cans, because I bet Glock could sell that for $75 here in the States.

BigT
07-07-2011, 05:01 PM
They are currently available for the G21 , G30 and G22. The G22 GTS has a barrel of about 6" though why so long I'm not sure. They are very quiet. They are wet cans and you do get lots of goo everywhere when you shoot them but it's no really problematic. For a country like ours where cans are not controlled they are good fun. The square shape also allow the use of normal sights as the holes are not centred. The longer section hangs lower. I've got a G30GTS though I'm about to try sell it.

Odin Bravo One
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
So if one was say in South Africa, and wanted to find one of these cool little toys, where would one look? Specifically like near the west coast.

ToddG
07-28-2011, 05:04 PM
So if one was say in South Africa, and wanted to find one of these cool little toys, where would one look? Specifically like near the west coast.

Austria.

:p

Odin Bravo One
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Wrong continent. And it is hypothetical.......just wondering what kind of places, sporting goods stores, gunshops, etc? I don't know how it works. Just trying to get a feel for how other people are affected by their laws.

BigT
07-29-2011, 04:22 PM
So if one was say in South Africa, and wanted to find one of these cool little toys, where would one look? Specifically like near the west coast. If one were in South Africa one would contact me and I would send it to the client or their gunshop. Here the cans are no more controlled than a pencil.