PDA

View Full Version : funny FTF sale story

VolGrad
07-05-2011, 09:17 PM
So I'm helping a buddy move some of his collection and had a FTF setup for today. I scheduled it by PM, confirmed it by phone, etc. I told the guy when I got close I would call him to confirm exactly where I was sitting/waiting as the exit was unfamiliar to us both ... but he wasn't answering his phone. I waited for an extra half hour but he still wasn't answering my calls or returning the VM I left. I left and headed back home.

About the time I made it home (half hour drive) he calls and apologized for being late and asked if we could still meet. I said, "Sure, but you are going to have to come to me." I told him the name of LGS#1 right next to my house. He agreed. So, I arrive at the new meeting place and wait. About 15 mins late he calls me and asks if I meant LGS#2 as that was where he was. "NO, I said LGS#1 and that is where I am." I give him directions (although he told me had GPS'd the LGS#1 to begin with but I digress). Although the two shops are less than 3 miles apart it takes him 10 mins to get to me.

So the cat rolls out of his car like he just showed up to a party. Smiling and bouncing around ... really nice guy but he looked like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo and kept calling me man & dude. Hilarious. I almost laughed out loud it was so amusing. Again, very nice but looked like a teenager. I asked or his license to confirm he was of legal age and all. No problem. He was 28 today. Happy Birthday dude. While smoking like a chimney he shares that he's a pizza delivery guy and apologized for the small bills. What????

Yes, I said small bills. The fellow then handed over a stack of bills at least 4 inches thick. He paid me $1,000 in cash in ... get this .... mostly five dollar bills. I think it was like $200 in twenties, another $100 in tens, $10 in ones, and the rest was all fives. I kid you not. So, there I was counting cash on the floorboard of my vehicle wishing I had someone watching my six so Shaggy doesn't jack me. :p

O ya, what did he purchase you might ask? A bright chrome Desert Eagle in .50AE. This thing looked like something out of Saddam's hidden bunker. :p

That story was too good not to share.

EDIT: Given he is a pizza delivery guy the fact he smelled like pizza isn't that odd, right? Well, it might not have been odd had he actually worked today. Nope. Today was his day off. I guess that smell is just ingrained in his car ... even stronger than the Camel unfiltered smokes.

dookie1481
07-05-2011, 10:55 PM
So I'm helping a buddy move some of his collection and had a FTF setup for today. I scheduled it by PM, confirmed it by phone, etc. I told the guy when I got close I would call him to confirm exactly where I was sitting/waiting as the exit was unfamiliar to us both ... but he wasn't answering his phone. I waited for an extra half hour but he still wasn't answering my calls or returning the VM I left. I left and headed back home.

About the time I made it home (half hour drive) he calls and apologized for being late and asked if we could still meet. I said, "Sure, but you are going to have to come to me." I told him the name of LGS#1 right next to my house. He agreed. So, I arrive at the new meeting place and wait. About 15 mins late he calls me and asks if I meant LGS#2 as that was where he was. "NO, I said LGS#1 and that is where I am." I give him directions (although he told me had GPS'd the LGS#1 to begin with but I digress). Although the two shops are less than 3 miles apart it takes him 10 mins to get to me.

So the cat rolls out of his car like he just showed up to a party. Smiling and bouncing around ... really nice guy but he looked like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo and kept calling me man & dude. Hilarious. I almost laughed out loud it was so amusing. Again, very nice but looked like a teenager. I asked or his license to confirm he was of legal age and all. No problem. He was 28 today. Happy Birthday dude. While smoking like a chimney he shares that he's a pizza delivery guy and apologized for the small bills. What????

Yes, I said small bills. The fellow then handed over a stack of bills at least 4 inches thick. He paid me $1,000 in cash in ... get this .... mostly five dollar bills. I think it was like $200 in twenties, another $100 in tens, $10 in ones, and the rest was all fives. I kid you not. So, there I was counting cash on the floorboard of my vehicle wishing I had someone watching my six so Shaggy doesn't jack me. :p

O ya, what did he purchase you might ask? A bright chrome Desert Eagle in .50AE. This thing looked like something out of Saddam's hidden bunker. :p

EDIT: Given he is a pizza delivery guy the fact he smelled like pizza isn't that odd, right? Well, it might not have been odd had he actually worked today. Nope. Today was his day off. I guess that smell is just ingrained in his car ... even stronger than the Camel unfiltered smokes.

LOL that's me. I even call my mom dude.

TGS
07-05-2011, 11:06 PM
LOL that's me. I even call my mom dude.

+1 bro

Wheeler
07-06-2011, 01:31 AM

Just wait until we're on the range again...

dude. ;)

DonovanM
07-06-2011, 10:23 AM
He must not work for one of those companies that give you a free pie if it's however many minutes late.

VolGrad
07-06-2011, 10:27 AM
He must not work for one of those companies that give you a free pie if it's however many minutes late.

No doubt. I should have had him bring me a pizza since he was coming out anyway. I'm certain it would have been cold by the time he arrived though. :p

NickA
07-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Please tell me you pointed out that it said "Desert Eagle point five oh" on the slide and not "replica"....dude :)

DonovanM
07-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Please tell me you pointed out that it said "Desert Eagle point five oh" on the slide and not "replica"....dude :)

I would leave out the part about how it should precipitate his balls to start shrinking, though. Just in the interest of not antagonizing the bro. :D

JHC
07-06-2011, 11:36 AM
The "shaggy" part got me squirming until I quickly checked the date of the post and occurrence. LOL!!! (beard is gone as of today) ;)

Glad I was lower maintenance with all the rest. :cool: Wish I could lighten the load on that collection a lot more too. ;)

Great story

VolGrad
07-06-2011, 11:41 AM
The "shaggy" part got me squirming until I quickly checked the date of the post and occurrence. LOL!!! (beard is gone as of today) ;)
Nah. You don't look like shaggy. I've been trying to figure out who you look like but still can't figure it out. You've got that cool, wavy long(ish) hair I envy. I have always had thin, fine hair what does nothing. I am doomed to one hair style for life .... unless I shave it bald. I did get it cut yesterday though. :cool:

orionz06
07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
You sold a prime piece like a Chrome Deagle?!!?!

jetfire
07-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Camel still makes unfiltered smokes?!?!?!?!?!

willowofwisp
07-06-2011, 06:35 PM
that's an epic story..now watch on the news..two thugs attempt to rob a pizza boy...both shot down by a d eagle!

JHC
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM

Yeah he did. You need a half dozen Ed Brown 1911's to go with an Accuracy Intl. .338 Lapua? I know a guy. ;)

VolGrad
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah he did. You need a half dozen Ed Brown 1911's to go with an Accuracy Intl. .338 Lapua? I know a guy. ;)

The AI is 7.62 thank you very much. :cool:

JHC
07-06-2011, 07:24 PM
The AI is 7.62 thank you very much. :cool:

Shhhh. He can find that out later.

NickA
07-07-2011, 09:38 AM
And apparently without doing a FAST. With video. What a pity:)

gtmtnbiker98
07-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Dude, got a light?

Tamara
07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
It's good to know that the pizzas will be well guarded. :p

My favorite FTF was the time that I realized I was driving a BMW roadster to go trade a stack of bills for a gen-yoo-wine East German sniper rifle in a rainy parking lot while "Just A Job To Do" played on the car stereo. "Self," I said, "this is as close as you're coming to James Bond in your otherwise-dull life..."

JHC
07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
What does "FTF" mean in this context? I've been sorta playin' along so far like I knew. lol

TAP
07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
What does "FTF" mean in this context? I've been sorta playin' along so far like I knew. lol

Face to face

JHC
07-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Face to face

Thanks!

VolGrad
07-07-2011, 01:02 PM
My favorite FTF was the time that I realized I was driving a BMW roadster to go trade a stack of bills for a gen-yoo-wine East German sniper rifle in a rainy parking lot while "Just A Job To Do" played on the car stereo. "Self," I said, "this is as close as you're coming to James Bond in your otherwise-dull life..."
I had one of those moments last night headed to FTF on a spotting scope ... in a big hard rolling box ... very spy'ish secret cargo.

I was headed North and "my guy" was headed South in a blacked out Cadillac CTS. We were on the road headed toward each other at a high rate of speed while talking to each other on our cell phones. We weren't familiar with the area so we didn't know a good place to stop and figured we'd figure it out once we crossed paths. As we came into view of one another I told him to pull over and I whipped around in the road (small country back road). We did the deal right there on the road side in the parking lot of an decrepit looking foodmart/gas station/etc. As we parted ways we both sped out of the parking lot throwing gravel and dust.

The only thing better would have been if I had had the case handcuff'd to my wrist.

JHC
07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I had one of those moments last night headed to FTF on a spotting scope ... in a big hard rolling box ... very spy'ish secret cargo.

I was headed North and "my guy" was headed South in a blacked out Cadillac CTS. We were on the road headed toward each other at a high rate of speed while talking to each other on our cell phones. We weren't familiar with the area so we didn't know a good place to stop and figured we'd figure it out once we crossed paths. As we came into view of one another I told him to pull over and I whipped around in the road (small country back road). We did the deal right there on the road side in the parking lot of an decrepit looking foodmart/gas station/etc. As we parted ways we both sped out of the parking lot throwing gravel and dust.

The only thing better would have been if I had had the case handcuff'd to my wrist.

That will look sharp on the security cam. lol