PDA

View Full Version : Family of Man Shot While Robbing a Waffle House Calls for Stricter Gun Laws

Kyle Reese
06-27-2014, 03:50 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/26/Family-of-Armed-Robber-Calls-for-Stricter-Gun-Laws

fixer
06-27-2014, 06:16 AM
yeah...my head hurts after that.

dbateman
06-27-2014, 06:36 AM
Yeah ok then.

So old love seems to think her cuz was just trying to make a honest living robbing people and he was dealt with to harshly.

Nope I'm pretty sure he got what was coming to him.

RoyGBiv
06-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Oy vey!

tougher regulations for the acquirement of concealed weapon permits may have prevented her cousin's death

hufnagel
06-27-2014, 09:35 AM
she's right.
him robbing and stealing had nothing to do with him getting shot. it was all because of that damned evil concealed carrier soiling himself and shooting her precious cousin.

I think I just used up all the sarcasm I have for the day.... not.

GardoneVT
06-27-2014, 09:38 AM
This is what happens when generations of people grow up lacking any personal responsibility. As far as the robbers' family is concerned , nothing is their own fault and poor Mr Felon was just another victim. I'm simply saddened at the fact that millions of people agree with her perspective.

What happens to us as a nation when personal accountability becomes obsolete?

RoyGBiv
06-27-2014, 09:56 AM
What happens to us as a nation when personal accountability becomes obsolete?
Barack Obama?

LOKNLOD
06-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Barack Obama?

*slow clap*

NETim
06-27-2014, 10:43 AM
The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president. -- unknown

SecondsCount
06-27-2014, 11:13 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/26/Family-of-Armed-Robber-Calls-for-Stricter-Gun-Laws

It must be someone else's fault that they couldn't raise this young man to be a fine upstanding citizen.

JodyH
06-27-2014, 11:31 AM
I too would have preferred it if her cousin had of been beat to death with a ball peen hammer, but a gun worked in a pinch.

TCinVA
06-27-2014, 11:32 AM
It must be someone else's fault that they couldn't raise this young man to be a fine upstanding citizen.

It is.

Just as it would have been someone else's fault had he prevailed and killed the guy trying to eat some waffles before this joker showed up to commit a violent felony.

He's their boy, and everybody else isn't, and because he's their boy he is blameless and should be left unharmed no matter what.

There are members of my extended family that I'd order off my property at gunpoint because they're scumbags of the first order, but almost nobody in the family admits that's the kind of people they are or holds them responsible for being that way.

"They are family!"

"So because I share some percentage of DNA material with this person I'm supposed to turn a blind eye to their character? No thanks."

I'm not a big hit at family functions.

GardoneVT
06-27-2014, 08:49 PM
It is.

Just as it would have been someone else's fault had he prevailed and killed the guy trying to eat some waffles before this joker showed up to commit a violent felony.

He's their boy, and everybody else isn't, and because he's their boy he is blameless and should be left unharmed no matter what.

There are members of my extended family that I'd order off my property at gunpoint because they're scumbags of the first order, but almost nobody in the family admits that's the kind of people they are or holds them responsible for being that way.

"They are family!"

"So because I share some percentage of DNA material with this person I'm supposed to turn a blind eye to their character? No thanks."

Ever seen a 1950s movie where the charachter tells his family he's gay?

That's about what happened when I told my Chicago family I held a CCW permit. Jaws hit the floor, and my uncle saw fit to pull me aside for a lecture on how real black men "didn't own or use guns, because guns are tools of the white man to hold down brothers." I resisted the urge to laugh, bit my tounge, and dropped the subject until I left.

I envy you guys who got taught about guns by the knees of your elders. If my family knew I hold an NRA membership I'd be disowned.

fixer
06-27-2014, 08:52 PM

That's about what happened when I told my Chicago family I held a CCW permit. Jaws hit the floor, and my uncle saw fit to pull me aside for a lecture on how real black men "didn't own or use guns, because guns are tools of the white man to hold down brothers." I resisted the urge to laugh, bit my tounge, and dropped the subject until I left.

I envy you guys who got taught about guns by the knees of your elders. If my family knew I hold an NRA membership I'd be disowned.

Dang. I gotta admit, that'd be tough.

Chuck Haggard
06-27-2014, 09:00 PM
I might have felt the need to point out how the history of gun control in America has been completely driven by racism.

Started in the south, post Civil War, because can't be havin no colored folk shooting up the KKK and nightriders when they come to burn out the sharecroppers in the middle of the night, that just won't do.

On the east coast it was driven by the need to keep "those people", whoever that might have been, from being armed while those in control and their henchmen were free to get permits.

RevolverRob
06-27-2014, 09:02 PM
I too would have preferred it if her cousin had of been beat to death with a ball peen hammer, but a gun worked in a pinch.

Have I told you lately, that you're my hero?

"They are family!"

I feel you entirely. I stopped going to family functions, because three-quarters of my family fall directly into, "Scumbag who should be beaten with ball peen hammer" territory.

If my family knew I hold an NRA membership I'd be disowned.

Don't take this the wrong way, because I am sure that you love your family, but maybe you would be better off? A family that doesn't support you, because of your convictions when you haven't done anything morally or criminally wrong, isn't much of a family and isn't worth having around and will save you years of frustration and stress, if you set them by the wayside. I've personally dealt with that and so has my wife, I empathize deeply with your plight. </Unsolicited Advice>
__

The biggest problem I had with that story was where BG2 got GG's gun from him after he capped BG1.

-Rob

Drang
06-27-2014, 09:17 PM
As a white guy who grew up in Detroit in the 60s and 70s, I'm a little hesitant to weigh in, but...
...my uncle saw fit to pull me aside for a lecture on how real black men "didn't own or use guns, because guns are tools of the white man to hold down brothers. I resisted the urge to
ask him if he'd ever heard of Dr. Martin Luther King or the Deacons for Defense and Justice (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deacons_for_Defense_and_Justice)?

TGS
06-27-2014, 09:28 PM
I feel you entirely. I stopped going to family functions, because three-quarters of my family fall directly into, "Scumbag who should be beaten with ball peen hammer" territory.

Word.

Out of my 4 cousins, only one is truly a productive citizen. He actually just finished as honor grad from his K9 course, super proud of him. Couldn't imagine a better job for him, as well.

2 of them, however, are straight white trash. 1 has never held a job for more than 3 hours (literally 3 hours, I'm not kidding you), the other lasted a week at their longest employment as a CNA, which is a shame because you can work your way up from a CNA. But wait, nevermind....you can just go on welfare and get $20.89/hour, instead!

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q758/Finkerfuggles/all-states-welfare_zps7eb12cb8.jpg (http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Finkerfuggles/media/all-states-welfare_zps7eb12cb8.jpg.html)

ETA: I'm totally cool with unemployment. It's an insurance policy you pay into, and lots of good people fall onto hard times. But welfare just makes my blood boil, especially at the rates we're paying. :mad:

Totem Polar
06-27-2014, 11:34 PM

Yeah, I'm going to go with Revolver Bob on this one as well.

I'd love to post up a .gif from "South Park" or "Archer" as my only response to the OP topic, but I enjoy my unbanned status here.

hufnagel
06-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Word.

Out of my 4 cousins, only one is truly a productive citizen. He actually just finished as honor grad from his K9 course, super proud of him. Couldn't imagine a better job for him, as well.

2 of them, however, are straight white trash. 1 has never held a job for more than 3 hours (literally 3 hours, I'm not kidding you), the other lasted a week at their longest employment as a CNA, which is a shame because you can work your way up from a CNA. But wait, nevermind....you can just go on welfare and get $20.89/hour, instead!

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q758/Finkerfuggles/all-states-welfare_zps7eb12cb8.jpg (http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Finkerfuggles/media/all-states-welfare_zps7eb12cb8.jpg.html)

ETA: I'm totally cool with unemployment. It's an insurance policy you pay into, and lots of good people fall onto hard times. But welfare just makes my blood boil, especially at the rates we're paying. :mad:

We need someone in the state legislator to demand minimum wage be raised ABOVE welfare rate, oh and pass it. The absolute ****storm it would create would solve the problem quite rapidly. I've long held the belief we need to do one of 2 things... quit screwing around and actually SOLVE the problems in this state (rip off the band aid already, bring the pain for a short period of time, and come out stronger), or hit the kittening afterburners and dive straight to the bottom and destroy the state economy already so that it can be rebuilt with a stronger foundation. At this point I'll take either one.

hufnagel
06-28-2014, 06:30 AM

you'd be welcome at one of mine. :D

TGS
06-28-2014, 07:00 AM
We need someone in the state legislator to demand minimum wage be raised ABOVE welfare rate, oh and pass it. The absolute ****storm it would create would solve the problem quite rapidly. I've long held the belief we need to do one of 2 things... quit screwing around and actually SOLVE the problems in this state (rip off the band aid already, bring the pain for a short period of time, and come out stronger), or hit the kittening afterburners and dive straight to the bottom and destroy the state economy already so that it can be rebuilt with a stronger foundation. At this point I'll take either one.

Well, if minimum wage from the 70s kept track with inflation, it would be more than welfare today. Something like $26/hour, I've heard.

So yeah.....I'm not in favor of artificially balancing wages because it will just screw everything up, but it's pretty sad how little buying power the average American has today compared to when many of us were born.

LittleLebowski
06-28-2014, 07:06 AM

Good for you. I mean that.

KeeFus
06-28-2014, 07:20 AM

Me either. I have several cousins that have various felony convictions. I arrested one about 5 years ago after he decided to B&E a residence. Seems my Aunt (his grandmother) doesn't like me anymore because I showed up at her house and subsequently left with him in cuffs. She invited me in...she still won't talk to me. Oh well.

LittleLebowski
06-28-2014, 08:22 AM
I've cut off family. Sometimes it has to be done.

Tamara
06-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Family of Man Shot While Robbing a Waffle House...

The first nine words of the thread title sound weird if you read them from an anthropological angle... That's a lotta people to stick up one little greasy spoon. :o

Tamara
06-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Barack Obama?

I LOL'ed. :D

LSP552
06-28-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm sure he was just turning his life around……..

Ken

Tamara
06-28-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm sure he was just turning his life around……..

Ken

Either that or not doin' nothin', just mindin' his own business.

LSP552
06-28-2014, 10:34 AM

Yep, heard that before:)

Ken

Kyle Reese
06-28-2014, 11:38 AM

Seems to be the most dangerous activities to be involved in these days.

-Minding one's own business

-Vexing no one

-Self actualization / turning one's life around

Blame Maslow for this mess.

Blayglock
06-28-2014, 12:10 PM
*slow clap*

Joins in with slow clap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richiecotite
06-29-2014, 03:38 PM

GardoneVT is black ???:confused:

But really though, sounds like some needs read about Robert F Williams, or his book "Negroes with Guns"

will_1400
06-29-2014, 03:51 PM

That's a tough break, man. I truly hope things get better for you.

To be honest, I (being so white you could almost go snowblind by looking at me in sunlight) give less than a flying kitten about skin color. A black/asian/hispanic/etc person's blood is as red as mine so why should I care about skin color?