PDA

View Full Version : Holster for C.A.T. Tourniquet

BJJ
06-11-2014, 09:21 PM
I have a C.A.T. tourniquet that I would like to carry on my duty belt in some sort of holster. Any suggestions on a holster for a tourniquet?

pablo
06-11-2014, 11:52 PM
I like the 11-10 holder. The main reason is that it's easier for others to identify as a tourniquet. I'd hate to be seriously hurt and unconscious, and the person doing first aid on me possibly misses a much needed tourniquet.

HopetonBrown
06-12-2014, 01:16 AM
First saw one last year in a Hackathorn class, a Reno PD officer had the 11-10 on his belt. Cool piece of kit.

UNM1136
06-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Since I am lazy and cheap, I am on the lookout for what I think would be the ideal TQ carrier and I don't want to buy a bunch of temporary solutions. So I bought a really cheap, temporary solution.

With a package of black rubber bands I can stage one darn near anywhere on my gear. One rubber band wrapped around whatever you are securing it to, and then slip the TQ through the ends of the rubber band. I have one on my plate carrier (right shoulder, acting as a stock trap), one on my radio holder, and one on the stock of my rifle. I am trying to find red rubber bands that are big enough to try this with. To use, simply grab the middle of the TQ and pull. Either you will break the rubber band, or the ends of the TQ will slip out from under the rubber bands. Maybe some red reflective tape on the middle of the TQ to make it more obvious to co-workers. Heck, I have some shock cord lying around here in the correct color that I could tie into a loop, burn the ends, and have the same thing.

Tom, saw Robin on the local news yesterday. Glad things are going well, and you guys are never far from my thoughts and prayers. Getting ready to train the staff at Menaul on active shooter stuff.

pat

Dropkick
06-12-2014, 08:23 AM
I personally use shock cord to attach TQs to things, but there are a number of different options listed here:
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/hemorrhage-control-vascular-access/

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you have more than just a TQ for medical supplies on your person while working, no?

UNM1136
06-12-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you have more than just a TQ for medical supplies on your person while working, no?

Yeah, three kits, hopefully soon to be five. TQs are separate from the rest of the kits, except the SWAT-Ts that I really like for pressure dressings and keep in the trauma kits for that purpose. They are more compact than my beloved Kerlix. Belt kit has bare minimum, TQ, QC, single occlusive. Plate carrier is a bit more capable, with abdominal dressings, occlusives, quickclot, and bail out bag has a bunch of kerlix, QuickClot, crevats, mylar blankets, and USGI dressings. If I get selected for canine, I will have a small basic kit for the dog on my PC and a more complex kit in the unit.

We have very recently had incidents and training here that remind us of the importance TQs, occlusive dressings, and blankets. We have also locally had a canine shot several times on search for a burglar, driving home the need to have specific kit for caring for the dog.

pat

Dropkick
06-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Yeah, three kits, hopefully soon to be five....
Man, that's awesome! Best of luck on the selection for canine.

Beat Trash
06-13-2014, 04:00 PM
I've been using the 1110 gear holster with a CAT TQ for about 18 months. It's size is such that I don’t notice it's there at all.
I wear it at about the 4:30 - 5:00 position. I can access it with either hand if I had to.

It's a well designed TQ holster. I am satisfied with it for my needs.

Lon
06-14-2014, 07:44 PM
I used the 1110 for my CAT. Carried at 1 o'clock right next to my buckle. That way I could reach it with either hand if one was shot up. Highly recommend. It's the only one used by guys on my dept.

J_B
06-20-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm super late to this BUT I will add my suggestion.

A few beat partners run the Marz Tactical TQ pouch on their belt.
http://www.skdtac.com/Marz-Tourniquet-Pouch-p/mzt.112.htm

I run the Eleven10 kydex for my SOF-T wide on my duty belt.
http://www.1110gear.com/eleven-10-kydex-sof-tt-wide-tourniquet-case/

I've been in my fair share of fights and foot pursuits over the 1 year I've been wearing it and have had no issues with it coming out unintentionally. It's in there fairly tight.

Maple Syrup Actual
06-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Either shock cord or a BFG tourniquet now!!!1 strap, depending on whether I need the rigid backing of the BFG or not - those have been good to me.

KevinB
06-23-2014, 06:41 PM
On my patrol belt I have an 1110 at 5(ish) O'clock - plus one at 1:30 on my Plate Carrier. For field gear I run the SORD/RB1 pouch as I prefer covered pouches for that stuff.

I find the BFG (I have two) TQNow or Shock cord methods tough with one hand to get out.