PDA

View Full Version : Paul Howe talks about retiring soon

BJJ
06-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Major bummer. Definitely want to train with him before he hangs it up.

http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/published/info-letters/14/CSATUpdate_Jun14.pdf

Suvorov
06-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah. This was coming as he had alluded to it in other newsletters. Just means I need to make his instructor courses a priority before the chance goes away.

BJJ
06-08-2014, 12:14 AM
I was thinking about what he wrote and I wonder if he might be more enthusiastic about teaching if he wasn't trying to teach on top of maintaining 300 plus acres. A house and 1.5 acres keeps me plenty busy.

Odin Bravo One
06-08-2014, 06:43 AM
I was thinking about what he wrote and I wonder if he might be more enthusiastic about teaching if he wasn't trying to teach on top of maintaining 300 plus acres. A house and 1.5 acres keeps me plenty busy.

He might be more enthusiastic if he had not been in the armed professional business for 40 some-odd years......................

jetfire
06-08-2014, 06:45 AM
He might be more enthusiastic if he had not been in the armed professional business for 40 some-odd years......................

When I saw that he was turning 55 I was kind of taken aback. Guys who fought in conflicts I was alive for aren't supposed to be getting old!

Dr. No
06-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Major bummer. Definitely want to train with him before he hangs it up.

http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/published/info-letters/14/CSATUpdate_Jun14.pdf

I have had the luck to train with MSG Howe several times now. It is a fantastic facility and it is an honor to shake his hand.

SeriousStudent
06-08-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm going to make changes to my training schedule for next year, and make sure I get in a pistol and carbine class at CSAT.

Kyle Reese
06-08-2014, 12:29 PM
I need to get out to Texas and train with Paul before he retires.

Suvorov
06-08-2014, 01:09 PM
I need to get out to Texas and train with Paul before he retires.

Definitely worth it! As a guy who was Army in the 90s - you will recognize his "train the trainer" philosophy. IMHO it works really really well as it not only results in one of the lowest class prices for the level of the primary instructor, but also results in an instructor to student ration of roughly 1:2.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
06-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Having known Paul since late 2004, his business model comes as no surprise here. Some of his previous monthly newsletters have talked of this, as does Paul when away from the masses. He has had both a personal, as well as a professional outline of his goals for many years.

Not mentioned often are his staff, Bill, Rich & Nick whom are all VERY professional & on the same sheet of music as Paul. IMO since he is still available to share some of his skills, the responsibility is ours to take advantage of it.

Off my soap-box now as I am fortunate to call Paul both a friend/mentor in life & training.

Chuck Haggard
06-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Well, crap. I know where I need to get to soon.

I never got to attend any of Col. Cooper's classes, which I greatly regret. I did get to train with Jim Cirillo twice, and that was an awesome experience, and he turned out to be great people to know.

jlw
06-08-2014, 04:17 PM
How many years now has Hackathorn been retiring?

hopefully he will get his spirit renewed and rock on for years.

LSP972
06-08-2014, 04:57 PM
I never got to attend any of Col. Cooper's classes, which I greatly regret.

Ditto.