PDA

View Full Version : Courthouse attack: Deputy wounded, suspect down, 06/06/2014

jlw
06-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Link. (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/deputy-shot-forsyth-co-courthouse/ngFsf/?LAGqbW)

The suspect who was scheduled for court this morning showed up with a gas mask, grenades, stop sticks, and weaponry. He was confronted by a 25-year veteran of the FCSO. The deputy was shot in the leg.

The FCSO SWAT was already assembled for something else and had a response time of 37 seconds. The suspect is DRT.

I have a pretty good idea as to who the deputy is but don't want to post his name at this time.

JDM
06-06-2014, 12:04 PM
The FCSO SWAT was already assembled for something else and had a response time of 37 seconds. The suspect is DRT.

Awesome!

TR675
06-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Great response time. Thoughts go out to the deputy.

jlw
06-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Language warning!!

Video of shootout taken from a workplace next to the courthouse:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=299982126844428&set=vb.100004979291811&type=2&theater

GooberTim
06-06-2014, 03:41 PM
WSB Radio just broadcasted Sheriff Piper's statement. He stated that as of just last year, their training has evolved to include active killer scenarios, including specifically court house scenarios. Deputy apparently was trained well, as he is being credited with stopping a vest wearing, grenade toting, rifle wielding madman who was due in court today. Good on him and good on his boss for providing that training.

PT Doc
06-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Good guys get to go home. Douchebag takes a dirt nap. Prayers for a full and quick recovery for the deputy. You JBTs be careful out there.

EMC
06-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Language warning!!

Video of shootout taken from a workplace next to the courthouse:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=299982126844428&set=vb.100004979291811&type=2&theater

Love the first comment: "DAD GUMM!"

SeriousStudent
06-06-2014, 05:17 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the deputy and his family, that he makes a full and complete recovery.

I'm so glad that the casualty list was not larger, that's excellent work by the responding LEO's.

JHC
06-06-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm proud of our county's deputies. I am pretty sure I see Cumming PD officers advancing into the gunfight on tape as well. I just came in from dinner at a local eatery and everyone there was pumped about their courage and performance. We were looking for some of them to walk in; their money would be no good I promise you. But I'm sure most of them were still at work.

TR675
06-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Courthouse deputies get a lot of guff...but more than a couple in my neck of the woods gave their damnedest a few years ago...

JHC
06-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Courthouse deputies get a lot of guff...but more than a couple in my neck of the woods gave their damnedest a few years ago...

Tyler? If so this was somewhat like that.

This was a rifle armed gunman with body armor. Water and twist ties in his vehicle. Reported that he was a "Sovereign Citizen" member; whatever that entails. I'm not up on that entirely. He was due to court for sentencing on a drugs and weapons conviction.

These guys today really did the "Ride to the sound of the guns" thing today. Catch some of the video if you get the chance. No perimeter containment. End this shit right here; right now.

Wheeler
06-06-2014, 10:57 PM
I can't find another source to confirm this but the daily mail claims the shooter was a former TSA member.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650822/Deputy-shot-leg-gas-mask-wearing-gunman-tried-courthouse-armed-assault-rifle-carrying-smoke-grenade.html

TGS
06-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Reported that he was a "Sovereign Citizen" member; whatever that entails. I'm not up on that entirely.

In short, people who claim no social contract whatsoever with the government and freedom to do damn well whatever they please, but anytime a cop farts cry bloody murder as a tyrannical infringement on their constitutional rights (which they apparently claim is invalid and nonapplicable to them at the same time....).

Every single one of my cop buddies is familiar with the Sovereign Citizens, and regard them as cop killers and domestic terrorists. This is including some pretty "'Murica! Pass the guns and ammo!" type cops, mind you.

A video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU

PS: I have a man-crush on P Barnes for his zen like demeanor with mouth-breathers like this. That really is a trait that only cops seem to be able to develop.

Edwin
06-07-2014, 02:05 AM
Ya'll Qaeda strikes again.

BJJ
06-07-2014, 02:28 PM
This is an important video about an incident with a couple of "Sovreign citizens".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kc4VTx5ecv0

There seem to be more and more of these people popping up.

mongooseman
06-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Ya'll Qaeda strikes again.

AWESOME! Consider yourself plagiarized!

News followup says the shooter was not a sovereign.

Beat Trash
06-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Excellent work by all the Deputy's involved.

Good to see senior leadership promote training before an actual incident occurring within their jurisdiction. The training seemed to have been worth the time and expense it took to put it on.

JHC
06-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Excellent work by all the Deputy's involved.

Good to see senior leadership promote training before an actual incident occurring within their jurisdiction. The training seemed to have been worth the time and expense it took to put it on.

I live there/here. We have a lot of pretty "gunny" deputies I think based on knowing a few; shooting with some at local matches. One close friend was just recently pretty busy in some of that courthouse training AT that VERY courthouse. He and other deputies have Mil or contractor combat tours; one used to be pretty active on the forums has heavy experience with a very intense urban SWAT unit. And all I know are just great American citizens too.

Beat Trash
06-23-2014, 08:33 PM
JHC,

Please pass along to them that one grumpy old Relief Sergeant from Ohio said, "Excellent Work". That incident could have gone really bad, really quick.

JHC
06-25-2014, 06:22 PM
JHC,

Please pass along to them that one grumpy old Relief Sergeant from Ohio said, "Excellent Work". That incident could have gone really bad, really quick.

I bumped into two at a LGS today and laid it on thick. They were grateful. :D