PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks on July 1 no es bueno.

TCinVA
07-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Public service anouncement:

If you want to celebrate the July 4th holiday with a home fireworks show a little early, that's cool. Really. But before you begin the festivities, please go next door, knock, and let me know that there are going to be a lot of gunshot type sounds coming from your property at 10:20 pm. It would also be a good idea to mention that your relatives may be chasing one another around with squirt guns, some of the women folk screaming for help and some of the men folk screaming something like "Shoot her again!" See, when a guy like me is awakened to the sound of lots of bangs and screaming the brain doesn't automatically go to "Oh, they're probably just having a July 4 party early." It goes to "A drug cartel is slaughtering my neighbors."

That sort of thought produces certain reactions from a dude like me, you see...reactions that are great if there actually is a drug cartel slaughtering your family, but otherwise are socially awkward.

Realizing that you're hearing fireworks and a squirtgun fight as the squirtgun fight is rapidly closing in on you...while you're holding a carbine...is uncomfortable. On the plus side, learning that if there were a competitive league for lawn-darting a 6920 that you'd have a shot at the title is sort of neat in an information-I-never-really-wanted-to-know sort of way.

smells like feet
07-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Fireworks and squirt guns are a perfectly normal way to celebrate Canada Day eh.

TCinVA
07-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Fireworks and squirt guns are a perfectly normal way to celebrate Canada Day eh.

A country that is forced to bag milk doesn't seem like they have much to get too excited aboot, if you ask me.

ToddG
07-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Who the hell is asleep at 10:20 on a Friday night? This guy (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f26/loner-no-friends-no-social-life-36785/).

Best quote: "I think many people here understand your condition. A lot of us here are loners. You are not alone." Classic.

TCinVA
07-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Who the hell is asleep at 10:20 on a Friday night?

Somebody who spent the first normal afternoon he's had in 2 weeks trying to replace the brakes on his car and resisting the temptation to find and bludgeon to death the bastard who impact-wrenched my lug nuts to hell.

I'm trying to avoid ending up on thew news.

I don't know why I'm surprised to find out that there's a forum for social anxiety.

ToddG
07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Somebody who spent the first normal afternoon he's had in 2 weeks trying to replace the brakes on his car and resisting the temptation to find and bludgeon to death the bastard who impact-wrenched my lug nuts to hell.

Should have just brought it to the local oil change place. :cool::eek::p

TCinVA
07-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Should have just brought it to the local oil change place. :cool::eek::p

I thought about it, but unfortunately there's no case law in Virginia that allows threatening to pistol whip someone into a coma if they screw up your car again.

fuse
07-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I thought about it, but unfortunately there's no case law in Virginia that allows threatening to pistol whip someone into a coma if they screw up your car again.

http://www.dallasdancemusic.com/photos/data/500/homer-pistol-whip.jpg

Slavex
07-02-2011, 08:25 PM
You know the only time I've seen bagged milk was in the US

ToddG
07-02-2011, 09:42 PM
You know the only time I've seen bagged milk was in the US

Look, I don't like her either, but that's an inappropriate way to describe Janet Reno.

karmapolice
07-02-2011, 10:15 PM
lol lawn darts with carbines, I say we take that nation wide.

fuse
07-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Janet Reno.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2801/5808145654_b0f2705d9b.jpg