PDA

View Full Version : KSTG at NRA Cancelled for May 27th

KevinB
05-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Well since no one called me, and I did not see it posted, I figured I would tell folks here.

Yeah it is cancelled -- I called a few min to try to change my time slot, and was told, "Oh yeah, that match is cancelled".

cclaxton
05-27-2014, 01:21 PM
If anyone needs to scratch their shooting itch, I am hosting an IDPA match and BUG (Back Up Gun Match) at Thurmont, MD May 31. It will be about 130 rounds for regular match and about 100 rounds BUG match, but bring extra ammo just in case I adjust the stages. Here is the match listing. Go to Shootnscoreit.com to register.

We will be hosting a Saturday IDPA Match with 6 stages and a BUG side match. Your BUG gun barrel must be less than 3.8 inches. You do not need a holster for the BUG gun but you may use one. See the IDPA website for more rules on the BUG gun requirements. More information and registration is at: http://shootnscoreit.com/match/64/458/register_me/ (http://shootnscoreit.com/match/64/458/register_me/)

For those who are new to Thurmont, but experienced in IDPA or USPSA,
or who have shot USPSA at Thurmont but not IDPA, we will host an
orientation from 8:00-9:00AM. Please email me your competition
shooting resume for consideration. The orientation starts at 8AM in
Bay 1. You are already approved to shoot this match if you have shot
IDPA at TCSC before, are a certified IDPA SO, have previously completed the orientation, or have completed Chip Hammond's IDPA Skills class. For those who are not adequately experienced, you will need to take Chip Hammonds Skills class or another approved competition skills class.

Setup begins at 9AM, and all are expected to assist with setup. $20 cost.

Advance registration is required on SHootNScoreit. Please arrive at the range COLD (except for LEO) and do NOT handle your firearms until instructed to do so.
Please reply to me directly if you want to SO for the event. You will receive a discount:
Full Name
Email Address
Date of SO Certification

Registration Starts now.

cclaxton
05-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Just an update:
BUG match will be 50-85 rounds depending on how much time we have after the regular match.
IDPA match is about 110 rounds.
6 stages IDPA
Up to 8 stages BUG match, depending on time allotted.
Thurmont is a beautiful outdoor range with 1-3berm tactical bays.
http://members.idpa.com/clubs/details/1979

Cody

abu fitna
05-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Well since no one called me, and I did not see it posted, I figured I would tell folks here.

Yeah it is cancelled -- I called a few min to try to change my time slot, and was told, "Oh yeah, that match is cancelled".

I did get a call, thanks to the wonderful lady who works the desk for many of these issues. However, went to my voice mail so I didn't have a chance to ask why.

Sorry it did not happen (especially since I was actually in country for this one, something that is not always assured.) I hope this is not a harbringer of future decline in the match (or displacement by the USPSA match).

I know how hard these are to set up and keep going. I respect the staff immensely for the effort involved, and I know that keeping this up whilst Todd has been away was also not an easy thing.

Fingers crossed for many more great matches in the coming months...