PDA

View Full Version : Gloom, Despair and Excessive Misery

NETim
05-19-2014, 03:18 PM
In my first year of "real" IDPA'ing, I shot my third "real" IDPA match this past Saturday. This was my first outdoor, multi-stage match.

Once again, the buzzer neutralized my brain. I didn't engage a popper and shot a no-shoot with a perfectly centered shot to the bean on the first stage. Also, I moved before I did the required RWR. :(

Stage Two, the mighty CQB misfired 2x and threw off my round count on this Limited Vickers stage. :(

Stage Three I swapped to the backup CQB and had no misfires. I settled down and shot up to my lofty standards. (ahem) Of course, by then, I was waaaayyyy out of the running and the pressure was off.

Turns out for whatever reason, I brought along a batch of ammo from two years ago off of my SDB, which does not seat primers consistently unless I'm REALLY on top of my game. (The XL650 is much more positive. It also lets me know there's a problem with technique immediately if the incoming case isn't fully seated in the shell plate.)

Then, yesterday morning, while dryfiring the mighty CQB in the basement, I hear a "tunk" off of the ceiling and "dunk" off of the wall. Using my incredible detective skills, I figured something was wrong. And there was. A chunk of the hammer broke off and flew through the air with the greatest of ease, bounced off the ceiling and into the wall.

Stupid games. I'm having so much fun. :)