PDA

View Full Version : Fortis Switch

JV_
05-13-2014, 08:53 AM
I have never found myself wanting a quick detach rail for an AR. What problem is this fixing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPFbJgR_V0s

JAD
05-13-2014, 08:55 AM
The fact that the designer lives in his mom's basement.

LOKNLOD
05-13-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure of what value-added is there, either. Perhaps there are very limited applications for someone who wanted to swap out different accessory combinations with one big lever instead of several smaller ones, but that seems like a pretty unusual need. Given that it is going to have to hold the front sight, cantilevered a foot out from the mounting point, it'll have to do a damn good job of repeating zero, or it will be completely pointless.

Can't wait to see a pic thread with somebody putting on one with a standard fixed FSB in front of it.

Me thinks it's mostly a transfer device for the majority of buyers.

joshs
05-13-2014, 10:00 AM
It would possibly give easy access to the piston for cleaning on certain gas piston designs that place the piston under the handguards. Still not as easy access to the gas piston as on the standard Stoner gas system.

JV_
05-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks, that's a good point about piston guns.

orionz06
05-13-2014, 11:07 AM
It would possibly give easy access to the piston for cleaning on certain gas piston designs that place the piston under the handguards. Still not as easy access to the gas piston as on the standard Stoner gas system.

So many comments to be made.

But basically their market isn't really us.

karmapolice
05-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Remember ricers back in the 90's and 2000's, they got into guns (a lot in Cali, with money) and thus products such as the one above we're born. I'll take crap like this as long as it means more gun owners fighting to uphold the constitution and enjoying their freedom/right.