PDA

View Full Version : Force Science Institue

imp1295
05-09-2014, 03:00 PM
I know I'm late to the game on this. I was put on to this at my recent attendance to both MAG-20 and Combative Pistol 1 courses. I guess it is really no surprise that the Force Science institute newsletters are really opening my eyes to the ever evolving studies as they relate to LEO officer training. I'm sure many of the forum members with significant LEO background already have some of these ingrained into their software. Even as a novitiate I recognize the value of some of the studies to the armed private citizen.

The latest newsletters synopsis of "Surviving wounds before EMS arrives: the bible of self-care and buddy-care" was pretty awesome.

http://www.forcescience.org/

jnc36rcpd
05-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Force Science has done some solid research that benefits both LEO's and armed citizens. Some years ago, I was able to refer an internal affairs investigator in another jurisdiction to research that helped clear an officer who had engaged a suspect who rapidly turned and was shot in the back. The mayor did not believe this could happen, but science showed otherwise.

BillP
05-19-2014, 04:58 PM
I attended their two day program recently. It was largely populated by trainers, person crimes and homicide detectives, and internal affairs folks. I had a mixed feeling about the delivery, but the material was excellent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Randy Harris
06-03-2014, 04:58 PM
I know I'm late to the game on this. I was put on to this at my recent attendance to both MAG-20 and Combative Pistol 1 courses. I guess it is really no surprise that the Force Science institute newsletters are really opening my eyes to the ever evolving studies as they relate to LEO officer training. I'm sure many of the forum members with significant LEO background already have some of these ingrained into their software. Even as a novitiate I recognize the value of some of the studies to the armed private citizen.

The latest newsletters synopsis of "Surviving wounds before EMS arrives: the bible of self-care and buddy-care" was pretty awesome.

http://www.forcescience.org/

Go back and read their archived reports from about 2006-2008. Lots of good stuff in there. I use several of them in lectures in class.

Lon
06-03-2014, 05:41 PM
I had a mixed feeling about the delivery, but the material was excellent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate? I'm going to the 5 day program in Oct.