PDA

View Full Version : Cominolli Glock Thumb Safety

Gewehr3
06-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Greetings,

Does anyone have any experience with the Cominolli thumb safety for Glocks? How positive is the safety engagement? Is it similar to a 1911?

Thank you in advance.

**I am not interested in debating the merits of the modification or being told to just buy a S&W M&P or "just keep your finger off the trigger" etc. etc.... I'm looking into modifying an existing Glock, and prefer a 1911-style thumb safety for the application I have in mind.**

WDW
06-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Greetings,

Does anyone have any experience with the Cominolli thumb safety for Glocks? How positive is the safety engagement? Is it similar to a 1911?

Thank you in advance.

** I'm looking into modifying an existing Glock, and prefer a 1911-style thumb safety for the application I have in mind.**

What application? I hate to be that guy, but you probably won't find an answer here as there was a thread a while back titled "What you do to your Glocks" or something like that, and this feature was never mentioned. I have read several reviews other places though, and users said, if properly installed, it was a very positive safety, not as soft as the M&P.

ranburr
06-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Best advice I can give you idyll buy one and try it out. Wish I could help u more.

JHC
06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
I'd love to see more user feedback on these. Glocks today offer pretty much everything from the factory I'm looking for in a pistol. Except this option.

Ray Keith
06-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Greetings,

Thank you in advance.

**I am not interested in debating the merits of the modification or being told to just buy a S&W M&P or "just keep your finger off the trigger" etc. etc.... I'm looking into modifying an existing Glock, and prefer a 1911-style thumb safety for the application I have in mind.**

You might want to rummage around in Ayoob's articles from the past few years, it seems I recall him writing about it or perhaps using it on a carry pistol.

Gewehr3
06-30-2011, 03:41 AM
I plan to use the Glock as a BUG mounted on body armor. I found an installer of Cominolli safeties locally. I searched other forums. The discussions went way off track.

WDW
06-30-2011, 03:47 AM
I plan to use the Glock as a BUG mounted on body armor. I found an installer of Cominolli safeties locally. I searched other forums. The discussions went way off track.
I carry a Glock like this @ times too. Do you just prefer a manual safety or is there a reason you need one, as in the gun won't be in a holster? I'm just trying to gain perspecive.

Gewehr3
07-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Sir,

The safety is just my preference. I'm a long-time 1911 shooter, and have come to appreciate its thumb safety. If I wasn't already heavily invested in the Glock platform, I'd probably just buy a M&P.

Chuck Haggard
07-01-2011, 08:50 AM
When I carried a duty pistol that had a safety I carried it safety on, for the weapon retention aspects that Ayoob has written about some often.

I'm down with that concept, sorry I have no experience with that modification.