PDA

View Full Version : Fulcrum Trigger

ranburr
06-25-2011, 12:21 AM
I just installed this trigger group in my Glock. Better than a standard trigger. Thus far not worth the $200 it cost me. I will shoot it in after I finish the rest of the build. Hopefully it will improve with use. Still have to add sights and have grip reshaped. Third gen frame, Lone Wolf slide with .357 & 9mm barrels.

JDM
06-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Link for the source? And info on fulcrum triggers? I've never heard of them. Sounds interesting.

ranburr
06-25-2011, 01:20 AM
glockworx.com

Frank B
06-25-2011, 02:53 PM
For competition and recreational shooting itīs maybe an option (an expensive one). I would not carry this setup for self defense.

ranburr
06-25-2011, 04:36 PM
For competition and recreational shooting itīs maybe an option (an expensive one). I would not carry this setup for self defense.

Why not? You can adjust it for just about any pull you want. At any rate I carried a 1911 with a 3.5# trigger for yrs without issue.

Force Majeure
06-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah, well your 1911 has a manual safety too.

triggers that can be adjusted can come out of adjustment at any time too.

ranburr
06-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, well your 1911 has a manual safety too.

triggers that can be adjusted can come out of adjustment at any time too.

I guess I'll find out. It appears to be a solid design. Even if the adjustment screws were removed, it would still shoot.

ranburr
06-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Has anyone that has commented used or even looked at this trigger?

Corvus
06-26-2011, 01:02 AM
I purchased and used one of the reduced travel kits in 2008. It wasn't the Fulcrum trigger and if I remember right they only had a competition and a tactical model at that time. They were plastic triggers and came with all the parts attached. Drive out the pins and swap the whole assembly and put the pins back in.

I thought about the same as your first post , an improvement but not sure it was worth the cost. I ended up selling the kit on Gunbroker just because I didn't think it was worth the cost to set up my other 3 Glocks the same way. If I only had and shot one Glock I probably would have kept the trigger kit.

I guess I didn't learn much from that as I just put an Apex kit in my M&P .40

Frank B
06-26-2011, 06:36 AM
I would not carry this setup for self defense or duty , because..

Itīs for competition (see advertising from the glockworx site "ZEV Tech Fulcrum trigger milled out of solid billet aluminum. The fastest and most adjustable competition glock trigger on the market.")
Iīve seen to much adjustable things in guns come loose during excessive work. Tuning to such level is not for carry in my opinion, as I prefer bombproof solutions (Vickers mag release, "-" connector + NY1, good sights)

Yes, Iīve handled one some months ago in a friends glock.

Lon
06-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Has anyone that has commented used or even looked at this trigger?

Yes. I had one a couple years ago in my 3 gun/IPSC gun. Ended up selling it cuz it was not worth the money.

Rocket20_Ginsu
09-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I've got a bit of trigger time behind this trigger and also behind similar aftermarket triggers. I think it is decent for 3 gun / USPSA / IDPA but in my opinion there are better triggers out there for games, charlie vanek's being the one that come most immediately to mind. I've found charlie's triggers to be much smoother with a better break, though slightly more over travel and pre travel. I would not use a fulcrum trigger for CCW or HD for several reasons:

1) Reliability, Usually you need to install a reduced power striker spring to get to the best performance out of these aftermarket triggers and that can lead to light strikes. In my experience it has only happened with CCI primers but this is an unacceptable quality to me for a defensive pistol.

2) legal liabilities (A personal concern, for some shooters this a non issue which is fine because it's their 1*), I use only OEM parts in the fire control portion of my guns.

3) Not enough benefit to justify cost for CCW/HD. With your most likely engagement being at 21 ft or less, I can shoot just as fast and accurately with a broken in stock trigger as my $200+ competition trigger. Where the aftermarket trigger really shines is shooting 12m or further at speed at partial or difficult targets.

These are just my opinions so take that for what its worth.

GU