PDA

View Full Version : 3 finger rubber grip for my M642

Rich
04-28-2014, 08:16 AM
I just hate the boot grip on AW Jframe and shooting +P left handed. Hell even right handed isn't much fun.

I went to S&W website and order there 3 finger rubber grip. Like the grip on my late 90`s M640/M649 357magnums.

I didn't know S&W revised there 3 finger rubber grip .

Its smaller and thinner also has a wedge like feel to it.

The 3 finger grip is almost a inch longer than my 2012 M642-2 boot grip.

I have a lot more control . plus I can pocket carry using my wrangler cargo shorts/pants.

And for some reason I see the sights better when pressing out? hard for me to explain.

So if you wear cargo pants or shorts you might try it out.

Now if I could just carry a M640 in my front pocket I would be set.

JodyH
04-28-2014, 10:10 AM
I have a Pachmyer combat rubber grip on one of my j frames. Just small enough for pocket carry but has some cushion to it.

LSP972
04-28-2014, 10:21 AM
I have an OLD pair of Pachmyar Compacs (the big, fat rubber puppy which covers the back strap) that I would put on my BUG J-frame come qualification day.

I shoot The Beast (M-360PD, my EDC secondary) almost every practice session... but only 20-25 rounds at most each time. With those skinny Ahrends 'boot' stocks... it ain't fun.

If I'm going to shoot it any more than that, out come the old Goodyears.

Yeah, I'm a wuss. So sue me...;)

Rich
04-28-2014, 03:09 PM
My mother bought me a NIB M37 for my Bday. I didn't care for the wood grips and bought the rubber Pachmyer grips. It had a pinky notch cut out.
Those were nice grips!

I must be a big time wuss ? I don't care for the recoil of my P30S 9mm when shooting 147gr loads. Maybe I should go back to a 38oz 5906 9mm. I recall it to be soft shooting.

BN
04-28-2014, 04:36 PM
I have found that Taurus grips are the best fit for me on a J-Frame. You have to remove the locating pin at the bottom of the S&W frame for the Taurus grips to fit. Taurus part # is 5-20880. Cost $9. http://www.taurususa.com/accessories-rgrips.cfm

I am running a set on all my J-Frames. Makes my Scandium J-frame almost pleasant to shoot. :)

LSP972
04-28-2014, 07:53 PM
...Taurus grips ... Makes my Scandium J-frame almost pleasant to shoot. :)

Yeah, but… Good God, man, that's just WRONG!!!

You just killed DOZENS of kittens...:eek:

BN
04-29-2014, 05:59 AM
Yeah, but… Good God, man, that's just WRONG!!!

You just killed DOZENS of kittens...:eek:

Yeah, I know it sounds bad, but S&W won't put grips OR sights on their J-Frames. I'll probably use a sharpie and black out the Taurus emblem. :) The Taurus grips are the most comfortable shooting grips I have ever put on a J-Frame and I have a box full of grips that don't work for me including a set of LG-405 laser grips.

Rich
04-29-2014, 06:39 AM
I have found that Taurus grips are the best fit for me on a J-Frame. You have to remove the locating pin at the bottom of the S&W frame for the Taurus grips to fit. Taurus part # is 5-20880. Cost $9. http://www.taurususa.com/accessories-rgrips.cfm

I am running a set on all my J-Frames. Makes my Scandium J-frame almost pleasant to shoot. :)

Yes I saw your post . And have been looking since 5-2012.

Have you tried the Revised S&W 3 finger rubber grip?

Its different from my late 90`s M640 357,M649 357 , M640 38spl+P.

Hell if I knew it was revised or a 2GEN I would of order it long ago.
Cost is under 30 bucks and has a S&W logo. LOL.

I'm just happy it works well with the shorts I wear. (wrangler cargo)

I cant believe the difference it has made. Never will I use a boot grip again.

David Armstrong
04-29-2014, 03:37 PM
I have an OLD pair of Pachmyar Compacs (the big, fat rubber puppy which covers the back strap) that I would put on my BUG J-frame come qualification day.

I shoot The Beast (M-360PD, my EDC secondary) almost every practice session... but only 20-25 rounds at most each time. With those skinny Ahrends 'boot' stocks... it ain't fun.

If I'm going to shoot it any more than that, out come the old Goodyears.

Yeah, I'm a wuss. So sue me...;)

+1 for the Compac grips. I have them on my J-frames and my RB K-frames. The only exception is a 642 with the CT grips. I've tried others but something about the Compacs keeps drawing me back.......

Chuck Whitlock
04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I know it sounds bad, but S&W won't put grips OR sights on their J-Frames. I'll probably use a sharpie and black out the Taurus emblem. :) The Taurus grips are the most comfortable shooting grips I have ever put on a J-Frame and I have a box full of grips that don't work for me including a set of LG-405 laser grips.

I recently saw a set of those grips (mid-sized) that had the emblems dug out and discarded. Yeah, there was a hole on each side of the grip, but it didn't say Taurus on it.

Rich
05-06-2014, 07:50 AM
If someone need the boot grip they will have to pay shipping. I cant afford the shipping anymore. I also have a boot grip for the K/L frame