PDA

View Full Version : Any gun will do if you'll do.....

Al T.
04-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Most gun folks tend to obsess about one flavor of JHP versus another for our blasters or other obsessive details. This is a security cam of a lady who had her door kicked in and drove the armed home invaders off and then had to re-engage when one attacked again.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/mom-opens-f...efend-children

Watch till the end, nice lesson on mindset and just plain dealing with a bad situation. The tool didn't matter, her determination and keeping her wits about her saved the day.

RoyGBiv
04-14-2014, 07:09 PM
bad link...

ETA: http://www.wxyz.com/news/mom-opens-fire-on-home-invaders-in-detroit-to-defend-children

Al T.
04-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks Roy!

Bigguy
04-15-2014, 03:59 PM
I've seen that link on another board. I love that little Hy-point 9MM carbine. I've got one like it. (minus the rust.) I haven't put enough rounds through it to speak with any authority, but the reviews I read on it were good. It's not a reach out and touch somebody gun. We're talking 5 inch group at 100 yards. But I can't imagine having to engage somebody in a defensive scenario where I live at anything near 100 yards. I don't have a room that big or a hallway that long. It's only 20 yards from my front door to the front gate.
The reviews on this gun I saw described it as a tank. Drop it in the mud, pick it up and keep shooting. And from the rust I could see on the one in the video, I'd say it pretty well did take a licking and kept on ticking when the time came. It uses the same ammo as my EDC.
I do have a bolt gun in .243 that could make those long distance calls, but I don't shoot it enough anymore to able to really make use of its capabilities.
I'm glad the lady had hers when she needed it. And I'm encouraged that the local PD supports her use of it.

Failure2Stop
04-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Guns are tools.
Use whatever you have available to your advantage. I'll fight a tiger with my bare hands if that's the only option between survival and becoming a cat turd. I'd rather use an M2 though.

Figure out the problem that needs to be addressed, get the best material solution you can afford, and learn how to properly apply it. Fighting the fight is more crucial than what tool you are using.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Beat Trash
04-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Thirty years ago, I had a Drill Instructor tell us that the rifle was a tool, the individual Marine was the weapon.

This mom had the appropriate mental attitude. I only wish there were more like her out there.