PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Assembly passes concealed carry law.

Shellback
06-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Good news for Wisconsin! (http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_98b32dea-9c5e-11e0-8218-001cc4c03286.html)

Another article. (http://www.wisn.com/r/28313717/detail.html)

SecondsCount
06-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Congrats Wisconsin! I have spent a lot of time in the Northern Wisconsin area. The fishing and people are great.

Hopefully this will put the heat on Illinois to get something past.

Makso9
06-22-2011, 05:56 PM
It's sad when DSArms, Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms, ArmaLite, and ton of other shooting sports companies are located in Illinois and the only reasion we don't have a carry policy is because of Chicago politics.

I am sure if you moved Chicago into the middle of lake Michigan and made it's own state/island Illinois would have some form of concealed carry law.

Keep fighting IL!!!

superr.stu
06-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Congrats Wisconsin!

Hopefully this will put the heat on Illinois to get something past.

Our bill failed recently by I think only 5 votes, so ya Illinois is pretty gay...Hopefully next time around though.

GooberTim
06-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Congratulations to Wisconsin Carry and the diligent citizens of the Badger State! Assuming Governor Walker signs the bill, (it's widely believed that he will) they have leap-frogged most of the country, going from one of the 2-3 worse states for law-abiding citizens who want to carry, to one of the very best.

NickA
06-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Chicago...didn't I just read that Daley wants like 3 full-time police guards (armed of course) now that he's out of office? What a jackass.
Though maybe I shouldn't talk, our esteemed TX legislators tried to pass a bill allowing them to carry in places we peons can't.

ACP230
06-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Eugene Kane, columnist for the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, did a column with most of the standard excuses for not passing concealed carry. I saw the same arguments when Florida passed CCW back in the '70s and in all the other states that followed along.

Kane, and other folks with his mindset, just don't learn, or don't let facts change their pre-conceived ideas.

Tiresome stuff.

Shellback
06-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Look at Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming for examples of what happens when states actually abide by the Constitution. There is no blood flowing in the streets and no "Wild West" type of shoot outs going on. Montana residents are able to carry concealed without a permit in rural areas but must have a permit within city limits, I don't know all of the specifics.

Pistol Shooter
06-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Congrats to our friends in Wisconsin. :D

It surprises me a bit that firearm manufacturers like Springfield Armory, ArmaLite, etc. continue to stay in states with such repressive gun laws.