PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Summer Partner

NickA
06-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Got this in an email today and thought someone might be interested....

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/summerpartner.html

Appears to combine the good 'ol Bladetech IWB with the comfort of an MTAC, very interesting. Not sure if it's $95 interesting, but color me intrigued.

SecondsCount
06-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Looks interesting. Like a Summer Special hybrid.

ranburr
06-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Tucker makes fantastic holsters. I own three, two leather and one kydex. They are all of the highest quality.

Sherman A. House DDS
06-23-2011, 10:35 AM
I too am a Tucker fan. I've always had good experience with them. Their warranty and guarantee are second to none.

I'm really an appendix guy but I've thought about getting this rig to try out for IDPA and classes where AIWB isn't allowed.

NickA
06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
I sent them an email a while back around 10 pm on a Saturday, got an almost immediate reply from Rob with a picture to clarify the issue. Since then I've been kind of looking for an excuse to buy from them, especially since they're in TX.

Serpico1985
06-23-2011, 01:51 PM
I have used a comptac minotar for 3 1/2 years and have carried pretty much every day with a m&p fullsize 40. I have come to the conclusion that for me this style holster isnt the best. It offers zero built in retention. When worn iwb your belt will keep the gun pretty secure. Take the holster out and turn it upside down and the gun falls out. With a all kydex or all leather you have built in retention. Which is why I'm on the wait list for a 5 shot leather and placed an order for a Cane and Derby. Just something to consider if you havent tried one of those style holsters.

NickA
06-23-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm in the same boat, but for different reasons. I find it a little difficult to reholster, and a pain to get on and off. I have to take my gun off for work and put it back on when l leave. Between the clips and the sheer size of the thing it's hard to do without practically undressing. Just got a Concealco IWB that I'm hoping will be the answer.

I have used a comptac minotar for 3 1/2 years and have carried pretty much every day with a m&p fullsize 40. I have come to the conclusion that for me this style holster isnt the best. It offers zero built in retention. When worn iwb your belt will keep the gun pretty secure. Take the holster out and turn it upside down and the gun falls out. With a all kydex or all leather you have built in retention. Which is why I'm on the wait list for a 5 shot leather and placed an order for a Cane and Derby. Just something to consider if you havent tried one of those style holsters.

mnealtx
06-24-2011, 06:47 PM
I have a couple of Tucker Silent Thunder holsters and I have to say, the customer service I got when I bought them was the best I have ever had. I also do like the holsters, although I understand that model is not available through Tucker anymore.

Garrett Industries produces the Silent Thunder (http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/products/Silent-Thunder-IWB.html) now - they severed their relationship with Tucker.