PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg USPSA

LittleLebowski
04-05-2014, 03:36 PM
See you there tomorrow!

Failure2Stop
04-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Wish I was bro, but the drive is a little prohibitive.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

punkey71
04-05-2014, 06:59 PM
You'll have a good time.

JMS and I shot it today. As usual, fairly large stages (especially for a local, monthly match) with a good amount of movement. Plenty of swingers, bear traps and steel.

JMS and I "officially" asked one of the match directors about AIWB in Limited. He confirmed what we knew; there are no restrictions regarding holster placement in Limited. We were AIWBing from concealment for most of last season and got some strange looks and a couple "Hey, is that legal?" friendly inquiries. Not necessarily because they had a problem with it, but more that no one else was doing it.

We're good with AIWB, officially, at Fredericksburg USPSA now.

Enjoy and good luck!

Harold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheTrevor
04-05-2014, 07:08 PM
It's great to see folks getting USPSA clubs comfortable with AIWB. The club I've been shooting at was cautiously open to the idea when I asked the MD team, though they'd never seen anyone do it before. Hopefully we'll build up a nice track record of zero NDs among AIWB shooters across USPSA.

I always find it amusing when I see people post about Fredericksburg/Culpeper/etc. I graduated from high school there and my in-laws still live there -- and I couldn't escape quick enough when I had the opportunity to do so. :)

punkey71
04-05-2014, 07:24 PM
While diplomacy works best and I wouldn't use this first...

If it is a USPSA sanctioned Match, they can't disallow AIWB simply because they don't like to or don't think it should be legal. If it's not prohibited, which it's not, they can't disallow it.

Unofficial club shooting game? Sure. Their house, their rules.

Mr_White
04-05-2014, 07:27 PM
While diplomacy works best and I wouldn't use this first...

If it is a USPSA sanctioned Match, they can't disallow AIWB simply because they don't like to or don't think it should be legal. If it's not prohibited, which it's not, they can't disallow it.

Unofficial club shooting game? Sure. Their house, their rules.

This is exactly right.

The legality of my holster has been questioned a couple of times, but only momentarily when someone thought I was shooting Production based on seeing my gun.

JMS
04-05-2014, 10:09 PM
PROTIP: Pay proper attention to stage briefings. If you do, you reduce your chances of completely missing a mandatory reload.

If you miss a mandatory reload, the screaming-good time and sweeping A-zone hits on a qualifier turn pretty much immediately to ash as a result of the 6-procedural dog-pile.

:mad:

TheTrevor
04-05-2014, 10:50 PM
PROTIP: Pay proper attention to stage briefings. If you do, you reduce your chances of completely missing a mandatory reload.

If you miss a mandatory reload, the screaming-good time and sweeping A-zone hits on a qualifier turn pretty much immediately to ash as a result of the 6-procedural dog-pile.

:mad:

Voice of experience, eh? Ouch.

JMS
04-05-2014, 11:10 PM
It was pretty galling, but at least punkey got a good laugh out of it....silver linings.

punkey71
04-06-2014, 07:04 AM
It was very entertaining!

Nearly as entertaining as my flawless foot work on stage one. Flawless only until I realized the foot was on the WRONG side of the foul line. Two procedural for me.

We both had our moments, but a good time as always.

LittleLebowski
04-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Cold here.... Stage 6 was fun.

JMS
04-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Not to mention the dude that almost took the Nestea Plunge. What made me laugh was the look on his face as he was teetering over as he remembered he could STEP outside, just couldn't SHOOT outside the zone, and used that info to recover.

but a good time as always.

It's unfortunate that you missed where I bellowed some nonsense about "going dynamic prone keeeeyaaaaaa" on Stage 7. :D

BTW, your info for that stage was definitely entered.

LittleLebowski
04-06-2014, 02:09 PM
GREAT match, very difficult. Ended up on a squad composed of Coastie MSPF types and they were fun to shoot with and good shooters all around. I'm still SLOW but getting good hits aside from two barrier shots on a tough stage (2, I think) but I did OK on the classifier, and more importantly enjoyed myself shooting from AIWB. My method of carry did not slow me down.

That one corner on stage 3 was rough, several people lost their balance and went outside the lines.

LittleLebowski
04-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Forgot to add that one 9mm Springfield 1911 had the extractor claw break off with maybe 2k rounds down the pipe.

punkey71
04-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Not to mention the dude that almost took the Nestea Plunge. What made me laugh was the look on his face as he was teetering over as he remembered he could STEP outside, just couldn't SHOOT outside the zone, and used that info to recover.

It's unfortunate that you missed where I bellowed some nonsense about "going dynamic prone keeeeyaaaaaa" on Stage 7. :D

BTW, your info for that stage was definitely entered.

Sorry I missed that!

punkey71
04-06-2014, 03:03 PM
GREAT match, very difficult. Ended up on a squad composed of Coastie MSPF types and they were fun to shoot with and good shooters all around. I'm still SLOW but getting good hits aside from two barrier shots on a tough stage (2, I think) but I did OK on the classifier, and more importantly enjoyed myself shooting from AIWB. My method of carry did not slow me down.

That one corner on stage 3 was rough, several people lost their balance and went outside the lines.

That's where my two procedurals came from. I didn't think the angle was too difficult. That was because my foot was on the OUTSIDE of the line. Funny how that works....

LittleLebowski
04-06-2014, 03:21 PM
That's where my two procedurals came from. I didn't think the angle was too difficult. That was because my foot was on the OUTSIDE of the line. Funny how that works....

So many people nearly went down sideways on that one. That was the stage where I shot through the barrier.....

JMS
04-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Prelim scores are up: http://practiscore.com/match-results/uuid?uuid=9D2F6B1D-B74C-4C9B-BCB6-5EE021637DD0

LittleLebowski
04-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Prelim scores are up: http://practiscore.com/match-results/uuid?uuid=9D2F6B1D-B74C-4C9B-BCB6-5EE021637DD0

Never mind, "Disaster Factor (13-01)."

JMS
04-06-2014, 06:11 PM
"Disaster Factor." Since the qualifiers are standardized and cataloged, you can always pick them out by their number tag. 13-01, in this case.

Thanks! I think perhaps next time I'll do setup, shoot Production same-day, then do AIWB Limited on Sun...and strive to break the habit of doing fairly well, then having a staggering meltdown on a single stage queer it all up.

Also, I can read the tone in your messages; you're telling us about that broken extractor a little too gleefully because you know I recently bought a 9mm Range Officer, and you want me to start dry-washing my hands and whimpering in worry over the thing. Joke's on you, The Force does not WORK on the weak-minded!!

LittleLebowski
04-06-2014, 06:30 PM
I'll continue forgetting stage plans and forgetting that it's better to go faster and risk not shooting all A's (not that I shot all As but I came close on a coupla stages) :D

I had no idea about the 9mm Range Occifer purchase but predicting its inevitable breakage does indeed fill my heart with joy :)

JMS
04-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Hopefully, as much joy as an old, fat, Reservist smoker gets from constantly being higher in the standings!

LittleLebowski
04-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Hopefully, as much joy as an old, fat, Reservist smoker gets from constantly being higher in the standings!

Nice job on the classifier. (yeah, that's all I've got :D )

JMS
04-07-2014, 10:00 AM
RIGHT....!?!!?

LittleLebowski
04-07-2014, 10:03 AM
RIGHT....!?!!?

What did happen on the classifier?

punkey71
04-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Jim tried to call their bluff on wether the reload was REALLY mandatory.

Turns out it was....

:-)

What did happen on the classifier?

LittleLebowski
04-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Jim tried to call their bluff on whether the reload was REALLY mandatory.

Turns out it was....

:-)

If you ain't cheating......:D

JMS
04-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Oh, I DID NOT, you big jerk! :p

Basically, didn't listen to the stage brief, like a doofus. Completely missed that a reload was required....and explained away to myself that the reloads I was seeing folks do was because those folks had reduced mags.

Because WHY NOT reload after the 6th round from a 10-round mag, if the stage requires at least 12 shots....? Meesa gots 18 bang-bangs, no reload okie-dokie! LOGIC!!

Nnnnnnnnnope....!

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/santoro0313/hurrdurr.jpg (http://s764.photobucket.com/user/santoro0313/media/hurrdurr.jpg.html)

JMS
04-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Official results: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=10980

LittleLebowski
04-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Sorry to hear about the Range Occifer breaking already.

JMS
04-09-2014, 10:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onE8utryxE8