PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth?

Chefdog
03-10-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm hoping someone can point me to a good, reliable source for estimating the value of a used Ruger Blackhawk. I just don't have any idea what's accurate as a cursory google search led to more questions than answers.

It's a blued, mid 90's .357 Blackhawk with a 6.5" barrel and the extra 9mm cylinder. I don't know the real number, but I'd bet everything I have that it's got fewer than 500 rounds through it. There are no major marks on the finish or grips, but some small blemishes from being handled and toted back and forth to the range back in the day.
Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Al T.
03-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Gunbroker. Pretty level field for "Sold" values across the states.

Chefdog
03-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Gunbroker. Pretty level field for "Sold" values across the states.

Not sure why I didn't think to go there???

I guess my head was stuck looking for the gun equivalent of the old "Beckett" baseball card pricing books from grade school.

Thanks.

Chuck Whitlock
03-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Search for "Ruger Blackhawk Convertible".

Chefdog
03-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Search for "Ruger Blackhawk Convertible".

I did just that over on gunbroker with favorable results.
Thanks.

Tamara
03-11-2014, 09:41 AM
I guess my head was stuck looking for the gun equivalent of the old "Beckett" baseball card pricing books from grade school.

Closest would be Fjestad's Blue Book. It's more a rough rule of thumb and starting point rather than a hard-and-fast bible, but it's worth keeping a fairly recent one on hand.

Chefdog
03-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Closest would be Fjestad's Blue Book. It's more a rough rule of thumb and starting point rather than a hard-and-fast bible, but it's worth keeping a fairly recent one on hand.

Thank you.