PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Miculek is awesome.

MichaelD
03-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Jerry Miculek shooting a 400-meter shot with an M&P9 CORE (embedding is disabled :( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK0EdI_RluY

orionz06
03-03-2014, 11:12 PM
With an M&P... :confused:

Obviously someone gets one that isn't terribly inaccurate.

TheTrevor
03-03-2014, 11:20 PM
With an M&P... :confused:

Obviously someone gets one that isn't terribly inaccurate.

Jerry Miculek can correct for M&P barrel concentricity problems by eyeballing the gun and gripping it until it deforms to compensate.

OMFG I need to go start a "JM Facts" thread.

orionz06
03-03-2014, 11:23 PM
He's a wizard.

TheTrevor
03-03-2014, 11:28 PM
He's a wizard.

Upside down snubby revolver shot, one handed, pulling trigger with pinky, at 200yd... Rings the steel.

Casually comments that the shot went a little left of center because "that gun normally shoots a little to the right". Deflection was about 1.5MOA off dead center. At 200yd.

And I'm just over here trying to make consistent first-shot hits on a 5" circle at 20yd.

NETim
03-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Upside down snubby revolver shot, one handed, pulling trigger with pinky, at 200yd... Rings the steel.

Casually comments that the shot went a little left of center because "that gun normally shoots a little to the right". Deflection was about 1.5MOA off dead center. At 200yd.

And I'm just over here trying to make consistent first-shot hits on a 5" circle at 20yd.

First of all, you need to shoot all day, everyday, for 30 years. Then with your now Popeye-like forearms, 12lb DA trigger pulls are nothing when you can snap fence posts in two with one hand and crush Chevys into tiny cubes with the other.

SGT_Calle
03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
I love Jerry Miculek!
He did an unboxing of the new S&W 929 (9mm Performance Center revolver) a few weeks ago and said there would be a more in-depth review to follow. The suspense is killing me!
His daughter is also quite the shooter.

Nephrology
03-04-2014, 08:52 AM
He's a wizard.

Ahem, I believe the correct term these days is "magically inclined," or "Conjurer-American"

breakingtime91
03-04-2014, 09:46 AM
From all of the cores I have seen, they seem to be on par with Glock in accuracy (3" or less at 25). Some guy was ringing steel at 100m repeatedly with his, I was kind of dumb founded because of the well documented accuracy issues with full size MPs.

justintime
03-04-2014, 10:14 AM
I was able to ring steel on a 10"x10" plate consistently with my m&p but I couldn't get it to group well at 25. It really puzzled me

Malamute
03-04-2014, 10:24 AM
I was able to ring steel on a 10"x10" plate consistently with my m&p but I couldn't get it to group well at 25. It really puzzled me

I was sort of puzzled at the group size of the G-19 I've been shooting. 25 yards, not spectacular. 18" plate @ 300 yards? Could fairly consistently hit it 3-4/10 with WWB.

BaiHu
03-04-2014, 10:33 AM

Maybe it's like an atlatl, the further you go out, the more time it takes for the projectile to settle into the straight and narrow :p

As for the Conjurer-American....*bow*

I guess what this shows you is the Indian, sorry Native American, can almost always compensate for the arrow??

breakingtime91
03-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Ya that is sort of strange, I get pretty good groups for myself with my mp 9c (4 1/2" at 25 free hand with no flyers) and a friend who is a much better shooter proned out and shot 3inches... Gun is a late 2013 example.

LangdonTactical
03-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Jerry Miculek can correct for M&P barrel concentricity problems by eyeballing the gun and gripping it until it deforms to compensate.

This!

He is like the Chuck Norris of the shooting world! I bet the best all around shooter of all time. Many do not know that he is a hell of a rifle shooter and can shoot 5 Stand and sporting clays with some of the best in the world! On top of all that he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met!

ToddG
03-04-2014, 11:37 AM
I think the smart money is on Jerry for the Trijicon WSC (http://www.peacemakernational.com/WSC).

Fifty thousand dollars to the top shooter.

LangdonTactical
03-04-2014, 11:39 AM
I think the smart money is on Jerry for the Trijicon WSC (http://www.peacemakernational.com/WSC).

That's my call as well. He can shoot anything and everything, not sure if anyone else would even be smart to show up. They could save themselves a lot of money and just send him a check :)

PPGMD
03-04-2014, 11:41 AM

The NRA, or more likely the the WSC's sponsors, are providing the equipment and ammo. So I am not so sure. Though I think that Jerry is one of the best shooters in the US, but it might all a lot iron sighted guns. And I know Jerry has been saying that it is getting harder for him to shoot iron sights.

Chris Rhines
03-04-2014, 11:55 AM

When PNTC first proposed the World Shooting Championships last year, I predicted that Jerry would take the overall title. I see no reason to revise that prediction.

SGT_Calle
03-05-2014, 08:38 AM
The NRA, or more likely the the WSC's sponsors, are providing the equipment and ammo. So I am not so sure. Though I think that Jerry is one of the best shooters in the US, but it might all a lot iron sighted guns. And I know Jerry has been saying that it is getting harder for him to shoot iron sights.

Wouldn't it be ironic for most of the guns in the Trijicon WSC to have iron sights?

Malamute
03-07-2014, 10:06 PM
This!

He is like the Chuck Norris of the shooting world! I bet the best all around shooter of all time. Many do not know that he is a hell of a rifle shooter and can shoot 5 Stand and sporting clays with some of the best in the world! On top of all that he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met!

His videos of shooting the M-1 Garand is amazing. He makes it look like a 22.

cosine
03-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Check out his Bill Drill with a Barrett. :eek:

BaiHu
03-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Check out his Bill Drill with a Barrett. :eek:

I think it's been posted somewhere around here. It's freaky.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tamara
03-07-2014, 11:29 PM
On top of all that he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met!

I heard he's so nice that the bullets actually don't want to let him down and work extra hard to hit the target.

PPGMD
03-08-2014, 12:07 AM
I heard he's so nice that the bullets actually don't want to let him down and work extra hard to hit the target.

It also helps when you have arms like most people have legs.

BWT
03-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I really respect and enjoy Jerry's youtube channel.

He's a fun guy, absolutely phenomenal shooter, and ambassador to the sport. I can see why S&W sponsors him.

Robert Mitchum
03-12-2014, 01:08 PM
He fired 10 rounds on target at 10 yards with a shotgun 10 rounds in 1.21 seconds...

From last weeks show
"great episode of Impossible Shots runs tomorrow (March 5) on the Outdoor Channel. This particular episode won an award for Best Shooting Sports broadcast. To start off, the legendary Jerry Miculek tries out a new, high-capacity shotgun (used for 3-gun matches). Jerry takes his new scattergun (right out of the box), and sets a new speed-shooting record with it. Not to be outdone, in the next sequence, SSG Josh Richmond of the USAMU juggles and shoots multiple targets with his scattergun. SSG Richmond, USA Shooting’s Shotgun Athlete of the Year, has won Gold Medals at various World Cups around the world. He is one of the best double trap shooters on the planet."