PDA

View Full Version : OD Glocks

Munson
06-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Their trendy, I know, but I like them. I want to have a backup to my current OD Glock 19, but since they are no longer in production they are hard to find. Anyone have any idea where one could be found? I've done the usual gunbroker.com and galleryofguns.com, but no luck. Any ideas?

orionz06
06-16-2011, 12:05 PM
If you are willing to pay the used premium look for chain stores that sell used. I know Gander Mountain will often have one or two around but they are generally .40's. Their inter-store data base does include color.

Jay Cunningham
06-16-2011, 12:24 PM
I always loved Glock's "OD"... It really is it's own unique shade and I wish they'd continue to make frames in that color.

Shellback
06-16-2011, 12:46 PM
I like the way they look as well and would definitely buy one if it was available to me.

LOKNLOD
06-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I always loved Glock's "OD"... It really is it's own unique shade and I wish they'd continue to make frames in that color.

Agreed, personally I think it is the best shade of green of any polymer frames/accessories on the market. I wish it were available on other items.

When I was having trouble finding an OD G34, I finally got it from Summit Gun Broker. Might be worth giving Mark there a holler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VolGrad
06-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I too like OD frame GLOCKs but not enough to pay the premium some are wanting for them now. I too am guilty though. I had a OD 34 an OD 17 and an OD 19. After seeing a buddy get $800+ for his OD 34 I cashed mine out on GunBroker and replaced it with a black one at Armorer's price. I kept the 19 and 17 though as they are both really sweet shooters. I know that sounds lame but each seems to shoot very well for me so I decided not to bother trying to cash them out too for black ones.

I have seen a good number of OD 19s on local boards in the past couple of months going from $500-650. I paid $500 shipped for mine NIB about 3 months ago. You just have to watch the boards daily and be ready to move on a moment's notice. They are out there .... just keep looking.

Munson
06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I too like OD frame GLOCKs but not enough to pay the premium some are wanting for them now. I too am guilty though. I had a OD 34 an OD 17 and an OD 19. After seeing a buddy get $800+ for his OD 34 I cashed mine out on GunBroker and replaced it with a black one at Armorer's price. I kept the 19 and 17 though as they are both really sweet shooters. I know that sounds lame but each seems to shoot very well for me so I decided not to bother trying to cash them out too for black ones.

I have seen a good number of OD 19s on local boards in the past couple of months going from $500-650. I paid $500 shipped for mine NIB about 3 months ago. You just have to watch the boards daily and be ready to move on a moment's notice. They are out there .... just keep looking.

What boards specificaly are you talking about?

VolGrad
06-16-2011, 07:45 PM
What boards specificaly are you talking about?
Here in GA we have a couple of local (as in state local), smaller gun forums and "Outdoor Trader" type sights with classified sections. I'm sure in your area there are similar sites. Also find out where the guys that like to talk hunting & fishing online hang out. They often have things to sell/trade.