PDA

View Full Version : Sig hires founder of AAC to lead silencer division...

PPGMD
02-17-2014, 08:41 PM
This is interesting development for Sig. I wonder how much leeway they are going to give Kevin.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/02/daniel-zimmerman/sig-sauer-hires-kevin-brittingham/#more-297591

Note - Press Releases are meant to spread out, so I think this is an exception to the copyright rule.

NEWINGTON, N.H. (February 17, 2014) — SIG SAUER® is proud to announce that Kevin Brittingham and Lindsay Bunch are joining its staff, adding decades of product design, R&D, and military experience. Their collective expertise will further enhance the company’s existing state-of-the-art special weapons development capabilities.

SIG SAUER welcomes Kevin Brittingham to lead its new SIG-SD Silencer business unit, as well as other special programs within its Military/Law Enforcement development activities.

Brittingham, the founder of Advanced Armament Corporation, currently holds more than 40 patents in the firearms industry. As part of his work at AAC, Brittingham also led the development of the .300 AAC Blackout cartridge. Recently, Brittingham was a founding member of the American Silencer Association, an advocacy group dedicated to championing the use of suppressors and lifting restrictions on ownership.

SIG SAUER is also pleased to announce the addition of Lindsay Bunch as Product Manager, Special Weapons Development Group.

Bunch joins SIG SAUER after serving more than two decades in the United States Army. With more than 10 years as an Army Sniper, Bunch moved into Special Operations Command, where his skills and experience were used in research and development of many of the U.S. military’s precision weapons systems in use today. His extraordinary knowledge will help SIG SAUER continue as an innovator and leader in the precision weapons category.

“SIG SAUER’s commitment to attracting the best minds in the industry drives our cutting-edge weapons systems,” said Ron Cohen, SIG SAUER President and Chief Executive Officer. “The addition of Kevin and Lindsay to the team demonstrates the company’s strategic investment in personnel to help design and engineer the finest weapons, technology, and support for our military customers.”

ToddG
02-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Very cool.

So do I need a suppressor for my P229 now?

PPGMD
02-17-2014, 08:58 PM
So do I need a suppressor for my P229 now?

I am sure Sig would say, "Not yet, wait until we release our cans."

ToddG
02-17-2014, 09:00 PM
I am sure Sig would say, "Not yet, wait until we release our cans."

Oh I'm not so sure. I made a quiet inquiry as to whether I might be able to tour the new state of the art gun manufacturing plant in NH and I was told it might be arranged if I could (a) acquire false identification papers and (b) undergo adequate reconstructive surgery. I think I may have burned a bridge there or something.

PPGMD
02-17-2014, 09:09 PM
I think I may have burned a bridge there or something.

No I think burning a bridge implies that you meant to quit. You just seriously pissed someone off.

Burning a bridge would be telling a former employer's HR person that "I would rather rather get the bubonic plague, than come back to work for your company again."

Not that I've ever done that twice.

Though I would think that Sig would still want your cash. Your greenbacks are as good as anyone else's.

SecondsCount
02-18-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't know Kevin Brittingham but the history of how things went with the AAC/Freedom Group situation, it will be interesting to watch how this relationship moves forward.