PDA

View Full Version : Thin, comfortable belt for use with appendix holsters

GJM
02-16-2014, 12:09 PM
When my wife carries a smaller handgun under thin clothes, her belt often prints, as much or more than the gun, even when offsetting the buckle from center. At my suggestion, she tried a velcro inner belt, like you might use under a "game" or duty rig. She felt like it reduced printing a lot.

My issue, is at times, my Wilderness and Tactical Talon rigger's style belt at times digs into my back causing pain. I recently wore my appendix holster on the way to a match on my inner belt, and thought "that is darn comfortable." Just came in from a hike wearing my CZ and a spare mag on the velcro inner belt, and felt it both supported the pistol well and was comfortable.

Could be worth a try.

lightning fast
02-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Tried this at the range when I felt too lazy to switch to my normal belt.

I felt the comfort was really there. However, I had issues during reloads, as the belt wanted to ride up as I grabbed a mag. I may give it a second try and really crank down on the tightness to see if that helps.

Up1911Fan
02-16-2014, 12:16 PM
That's why I much prefer the Volund Gearworks Atlas belt for AIWB carry. Comfortable, stable and NO printing.

orionz06
02-16-2014, 12:21 PM
GJM,
You oughta talk to Matt at Volund and see if he can make you guys a pair of less rigid belts. I believe he has done this before but can't find it right now. I know he has made me some custom color belts that were of a less rigid material that seemed to exhibit the same comfort.

David S.
02-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Inner Belt?

justintime
02-17-2014, 05:41 PM
There is a cheap spec-ops belt that is less rigid than my wilderness or ares and it conceals a lot better. I can get it through my holsters loops easier as well. I don't like super rigid belts aiwb because they get very uncomfortable while driving

ekrauos
02-17-2014, 11:54 PM
That's why I much prefer the Volund Gearworks Atlas belt for AIWB carry. Comfortable, stable and NO printing.

I second that. Great belt! Silent when debelting as well, if that is of importance to you.

GJM
02-18-2014, 09:23 PM
I flew 4 hours in a tight bush plane aircraft seat today, with five point seat belts pulled tightly. The inner belt with a P01 and spare magazine set-up was the most comfortable I can recall in these circumstances.

JodyH
02-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Anybody tried a Liger belt from Maxpedition?

Rich
02-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Does your Wilderness belt have the insert?

I use the regular 5stitch belt without the insert.

Could try a smaller width? but then you might have to change your loops/etc for a smaller sized ones.

Shellback
02-27-2014, 02:33 PM
If your wife wants to try the Volund let me know, I have a spare for my wife, and I'll send it over to you for a test run.

Sal Picante
02-27-2014, 02:50 PM
When my wife carries a smaller handgun under thin clothes, her belt often prints, as much or more than the gun, even when offsetting the buckle from center. At my suggestion, she tried a velcro inner belt, like you might use under a "game" or duty rig. She felt like it reduced printing a lot.

My issue, is at times, my Wilderness and Tactical Talon rigger's style belt at times digs into my back causing pain. I recently wore my appendix holster on the way to a match on my inner belt, and thought "that is darn comfortable." Just came in from a hike wearing my CZ and a spare mag on the velcro inner belt, and felt it both supported the pistol well and was comfortable.

Could be worth a try.

I use my CR speed inner belt all the time... no buckles, just enough "give", tightens well enough.

Ok... So I can't use it as a harness if I'm falling off a building... I can live with that...

Crusader8207
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
I use the Volund belt mostly. I just received my Ageis belt (Ares Gear) but prefer the Volund for AIWB carry.

GJM
02-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I have multiple copies of the Volund, but unless I am missing something, it doesn't work well when offsetting the closure as I normally do with a buckle?

Les, wearing the inner belt speeds up kitting with the game belt?

orionz06
02-27-2014, 09:32 PM
My Atlas belt hook/closure rides above my right pocket.

Sal Picante
02-28-2014, 03:34 PM
I have multiple copies of the Volund, but unless I am missing something, it doesn't work well when offsetting the closure as I normally do with a buckle?

Les, wearing the inner belt speeds up kitting with the game belt?

I gotta dry fire - makes it that much quicker!

Bratch
03-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Which buckle are you guys running on the Volund? My Wilderness buckle has been causing some discomfort when wore at 2-3:00.

orionz06
03-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Which buckle are you guys running on the Volund? My Wilderness buckle has been causing some discomfort when wore at 2-3:00.

I use the G-hook. I personally HATE the Cobra buckles. If you like the Cobra buckle I think the improvements made to the nylon adapted ranger belt by Volund to be better.

Crusader8207
03-02-2014, 01:57 PM
I use the G-hook. I personally HATE the Cobra buckles. If you like the Cobra buckle I think the improvements made to the nylon adapted ranger belt by Volund to be better.

The G hook is very low profile, that too is why I like the Volund the best.

GJM
03-02-2014, 03:03 PM
For the last year or two, this is the belt I wear most often:

http://www.talontactical.com/cobra-buckle-belt-p-1125.html