PDA

View Full Version : Firearms trainer interview – Tisma Juett

HeadHunter
02-01-2014, 10:22 PM
While Tisma Juett is probably not a name recognized by most shooters, she is one of the most prolific trainers in the industry. Tisma is the manager of the First Shots program of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. Through events like the Big City Tours, and First Shots seminars at individual ranges around the country, Tisma and First Shots have provided entry level firearms training to many thousands of new shooters.

I enjoyed getting in an interview with a non-tactical trainer.

http://exm.nr/MLAa0F

Chuck Haggard
02-02-2014, 01:26 AM
I also had not heard of her, but good on her for being so involved.

ToddG
02-02-2014, 01:59 AM
Tisma is an incredible lady who definitely has a training perspective that is much different than the norm around here. She is doing great things for this community.

HeadHunter
02-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Tisma is an incredible lady who definitely has a training perspective that is much different than the norm around here. She is doing great things for this community.

During the interview, Tisma reminded me of the fact that shooting is fun and sometimes should be enjoyed for its own sake and not with the self defense perspective. I need to be reminded of that periodically. I'm glad I know her and always enjoy getting to spend time with her.

She was surprised that I considered her a firearms trainer and wanted to include her in the series. "Tisma, you get more people into shooting than most of the guys in the industry combined. Of course, you're a trainer." was my reply.

Chuck Haggard
02-02-2014, 09:54 AM
During the interview, Tisma reminded me of the fact that shooting is fun and sometimes should be enjoyed for its own sake and not with the self defense perspective

Me too.

I reminded myself last fall while doing some woods walking. Ended up out with a .22 rifle stalking hedge apples. Good times