PDA

View Full Version : Anti-fog

Ga Shooter
06-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Which anti-fog product are you using today? I wear Smith Optics Hideout and have been using Op Drops for a while but have been very unhappy with the Ops Drops. I have stuff I use in my diving mask (I call it Gorilla Snot not sure of the real name) but I don't know if that would hurt the colored lenses. Any suggestions?

Dropkick
06-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Cat Crap
http://www.amazon.com/EK-Crap-Anti-fog-Treatment-Paste/dp/B003RLJ6UE

orionz06
06-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Fog-tech has worked pretty good in the past.

Ga Shooter
06-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks. With a name like cat crap I will have to give that a try.

Dropkick
06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Fog-tech has worked pretty good in the past.

I've used Fog-tech too. The eye dropper bottle and polish cloth seem to work better than the disposable wipes.

orionz06
06-13-2011, 09:16 AM
One critical element for applying any of these coatings is a truly clean lens. Use a good microfiber (not walmart) and a solvent type cleaner that is safe for your application. There is nothing worse for fogging than oils and all kinds of other gunk on the lenses. You don't need to see it for it to be an issue. I use isopropyl alcohol on most everything that it is safe for.

Odin Bravo One
06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I also use Cap Crap.

So long as you are not seriously running and gunning in the SE US in spring and summer, it should hold up for most use. It does a decent job on my sunglasses, and shooting glasses that are not used for serious heavy lifting activities.

jslaker
03-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Bumping this to see if anyone else has input. Fogging was almost unbearable at the range down the street from work today, thanks to summer in March.