PDA

View Full Version : Use of Force Training Simulator in New Jersey

TGS
01-25-2014, 04:44 PM
All,

Just got back from spending an hour at FSS's UoF simulator (https://firearmssupportandstorage.com/firearms-training-simulator/) in Whippany, NJ with fellow member BaiHu.

Awesome.

Our instructor was a retired cop/1811/LE firearms instructor named Eric. He recognized our skill pretty quick and tailored the program to us, instead of keeping us in the basic pistol sort of steps. He alternated the scenarios between simple UoF, teamwork, a couple Mumbai-style scenarios, and so on. Much of it was run from concealment. It kept us fresh and we had tons of fun. I didn't dig some of the techniques he tried teaching as I've simple already decided to go down a different path having instructors like Craig and Todd (ex: ID'ing the magwell during reloads vs keeping the gun pointed at the threat area), but Eric was a definitely good instructor.

We used Glocks converted for the system......they also have AR15s and a SIG 229.

Not to mention, this was a fantastic use of time and money compared to just going to the range...so much so, that BaiHu and I both think it should be a regular addition. It allows things that we simply can't do on a range, in addition to have the quasi-class like structure with instructor feedback. We also found out we'd be a terrible team together in a mass shooting sort of scenario, as we're both evenly matched shooters and ended up running out of ammo at the same time.....thus dying.

So, I'd encourage you guys to look around in your area for a UoF simulator and go have a ton of fun while learning or reinforcing perishable skills you may have learned in other classes of the more dynamic type, like Craig's ECQC. Also neat is they can run simulations which are entirely for fun.....like zombie hordes, Wild West gun battles, ect....so it would be a good way to introduce non-gun friends to guns and self-defense.

I'd also like to hear feedback from those experienced with such systems.

hufnagel
01-25-2014, 05:07 PM
so... can anyone go?

TGS
01-25-2014, 05:26 PM
so... can anyone go?

Yes. They train both LE and private citizens.

BaiHu
01-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Well, you'd have to pay Tyler and I an introductory fee :-D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk