PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioned Glock

Comedian
06-10-2011, 01:37 PM
How does a Glock pistol, end up as a "factory reconditioned" pistol? And what does "reconditioned" mean?

VolGrad
06-10-2011, 04:09 PM
How does a Glock pistol, end up as a "factory reconditioned" pistol? And what does "reconditioned" mean?

This would mean it has been sent back to GLOCK in Smyrna for an inspection by their Armorer. At this time the springs will be replaced and anything else that is determined to be worn ... short of the frame, slide, and barrel.

I completely trust "factory reconditioned" GLOCKs to be as reliable as new.

Comedian
06-10-2011, 10:38 PM
If a reconditioned Glock is of 2010 vintage, then it was probably a lemon of some sort, im thinking.

NGCSUGrad09
06-11-2011, 05:59 AM
If a reconditioned Glock is of 2010 vintage, then it was probably a lemon of some sort, im thinking.

Or it was a T&E gun that was inspected, parts replaced and sold. There are a lot of different sources for the reconditioned Glocks. It's basically a way for the company to sell any kind of used gun they have. A lot of companies do it as well.. some more than others though.

JV_
06-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Glock doesn't hand out replacement guns for "lemons" very often, I wouldn't worry about it.

KevH
06-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Usually they're LE trade-in guns, T&E guns and/or contract over-runs.

Usually the slide is refinished and the small parts replaced.

They are not sent back because they're broke so you don't have anything to worry about.

LOKNLOD
06-11-2011, 05:15 PM
My OD G34 was a factory recondition. It was significantly cheaper than a "new-new" OD G34 when I was shopping for one. There was absolutely nothing other than the label on the box that would indicate that it was refurbished or had ever been shot or handled.