PDA

View Full Version : Genuinely Appreciate this Forum and Its Members

Boxy
01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Today I found myself reflecting on how well this forum is managed and the most civil conduct among its members of various backgrounds and skills with respect to the pistol and shooting.

I find visiting most constructive and hope the little information I post to be of some benefit.

Best,

Satch

TCinVA
01-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Well, thanks! I'm rather proud of our membership and the general attitude they display and knowledge they bring to the table. I learn new stuff all the time.

Kyle Reese
01-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Thank you for the kind words. As TC stated, it's because of our membership base that makes us the forum that we are. I too learn a lot from the members here, and hope to contribute when I can.

Totem Polar
01-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I have to agree with Boxy/Satch: there's just some excellent discussion, some excellent writing, and some excellent knowledge to be found here. Add generally great attitudes by all--from newb to mods--and I'm only sorry that I didn't jump in sooner. Wish I had more to contribute to the expertise pile, but suffice to say that this place has become one of my few reliable EDC fora (everyday check).

Chuck Haggard
01-22-2014, 01:10 PM
This is one of the few forums I will frequent, because the quality of the info, and the quality of the moderation, is so good. Mush of the rest of the internets is drowning in retardery and massive levels of noise to signal ratio.

cclaxton
01-22-2014, 01:12 PM
I want to second that sentiment. While we have our disagreements and agreements, it stays mostly civil. I have been on some other forums where flaming, insulting, and berating was tolerated or even encouraged, and there are double-standards. No double-standards here.

Let's keep it that way.
Cody

bkent
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
I haven't been here very long but the only thing I don't like about this place is it causes me to spend too much money. Feeling trepidations about carrying my Walther PPQ and reading about the merits of the LEM trigger, I purchased a H&K P30 V1 LEM. Which will probably also lead to purchasing a P2000SK. Being mostly constrained to an indoor range and learning about the ShotMaxx here, I had to buy one. Sigh....

But seriously, I've spent quite a bit of time here reading and feel I've learned a lot.

Thanks all!
Kent

NETim
01-22-2014, 04:30 PM
I haven't been here very long but the only thing I don't like about this place is it causes me to spend too much money. Feeling trepidations about carrying my Walther PPQ and reading about the merits of the LEM trigger, I purchased a H&K P30 V1 LEM. Which will probably also lead to purchasing a P2000SK. Being mostly constrained to an indoor range and learning about the ShotMaxx here, I had to buy one. Sigh....

But seriously, I've spent quite a bit of time here reading and feel I've learned a lot.

Thanks all!
Kent

Which reminds me, I have yet to pick up a wrong sided holster and matching flip flops. :)

Chemsoldier
01-22-2014, 05:41 PM
+1 from me. I lurk a lot more than I post but I keep coming back because of the knowledge base and good management shown. Thank you to the mods and members for running such a great resource.

TheTrevor
01-22-2014, 07:56 PM

While this place can be a nightmare for your bank account, it's even worse for reality-checking your skills if you've been comparing yourself to the Joe Randoms to each side of you at the local range. :)

JHC
01-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Today I found myself reflecting on how well this forum is managed and the most civil conduct among its members of various backgrounds and skills with respect to the pistol and shooting.

I find visiting most constructive and hope the little information I post to be of some benefit.

Best,

Satch

This is quite true and AFAIK this place has set an internet record for the longevity of the quality. I would not have placed money on that bet at the start. Just because I'd never really seen it before. ;)

vaspence
01-22-2014, 08:21 PM
I totally agree with all this is a great site and resource with a good bunch of folks. I had to look it up but I recall posting this at 10:32pm on February 27, 2011 "No egos, bs or overzealous moderating will be seen from this cadre. Good job guys, I'm looking forward to lurking and learning."
Happy to say this has been true! Especially the lurking and learning.

Chuck Whitlock
01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
This is one of the few forums I will frequent, because the quality of the info, and the quality of the moderation, is so good. Mush of the rest of the internets is drowning in retardery and massive levels of noise to signal ratio.

Really nothing I can add to this sentiment. Well said.

Al T.
01-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Yup. What Satch said. I find it interesting that so many of us know each other from other forums. I know I tell few folks about this place as I'd hate for the teeming masses to descend upon us.

To be fair though, I would like better emoticons, it's pretty tough to tell the differences. (wink) ;)

MDS
01-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Wow, these are good words. Agreed on all counts, including the emoticons. ;) I'm proud to call this place home.

JAD
01-23-2014, 09:22 AM
I've been impressed with the consistent quality of posts -- people like Bolke, Hearne, and Riehl routinely post writing I would pay to read, and discussion ensues that really develops my own thinking. It's definitely worth the shocking amount of time I put in to keeping up with the forum.

mojobiker
01-25-2014, 07:12 AM
I've been impressed with the consistent quality of posts -- people like Bolke, Hearne, and Riehl routinely post writing I would pay to read, and discussion ensues that really develops my own thinking. It's definitely worth the shocking amount of time I put in to keeping up with the forum.

+1
For me, this forum is like that favorite teacher you had in school...highly informative, of course, but also challenging, engaging, and thought provoking. The ability to do that is rare among educators, but I'd say it's even more rare among internet firearm forums. Kudos to all who make PF what it is.

Casual Friday
01-25-2014, 08:06 AM
I appreciate the number of true SME's on this forum and what they contribute to the forum and it's membership. I really don't spend much time on any other gun/training forum because the level of derp here is extremely low, as in almost nonexistent. I feel like I can jump on PF any day of the week and learn something.

BLR
01-25-2014, 08:57 AM

Thank you.

1slow
01-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Really good information from subject matter experts, high signal/noise ratio, a variety of opinions debated factually. Minimum BS etc...
I always learn something of worth here.