PDA

View Full Version : BLADE Show Atlanta

WDW
06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm fixing to head out to ATL for the BLADE Show in a few:D Anybody else going down there?

jlw
06-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm fixing to head out to ATL for the BLADE Show in a few:D Anybody else going down there?

I guess I have been under a rock as I am not aware of this. Details please.

John Ralston
06-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Not this year...although I would like to go some day. I got my Rexford hand delivered by Todd at SHOT, so I should be good for awhile. :cool:

WDW
06-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I guess I have been under a rock as I am not aware of this. Details please.
BLADE is a big knife show every year. It is mostly custom knifemakers and higher end factory knives like Busse and Chris Reeves. It is really cool and there are demos and cutting tests from some of the top bladesmiths in the world. Alot of ABS smiths are there. There is also a Tactical Expo there that you can get into with a BLADE ticket.

jlw
06-09-2011, 09:05 PM
BLADE is a big knife show every year. It is mostly custom knifemakers and higher end factory knives like Busse and Chris Reeves. It is really cool and there are demos and cutting tests from some of the top bladesmiths in the world. Alot of ABS smiths are there. There is also a Tactical Expo there that you can get into with a BLADE ticket.

Where in Atlanta is it being held?

WDW
06-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Cobb Galleria right off the 285 bypass

JHC
06-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Cobb Galleria right off the 285 bypass

I never miss it! It's just impressive as hell and this year they have a "Tactical Expo" combined with it. I just am not sure when I'm hitting it yet as I have a big "stone" project to get done this weekend (I hope). Sunday PM is prob mostly likely.
Bring plenty of $$$ or lock it and plastic up somewhere off site. ;)

You down here all weekend for it?

NickA
06-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I'd be broke for months if I went to that :)
If any of you guys get a chance to handle/ take pictures of the ZT 0780 that's about to be released i'd love to see them, especially side by side with a ZT 350. I love my 350 but it's a bit big sometimes (from top to bottom when closed).

JHC
06-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Ouch! The "Tactical Expo" was rough. Handful of boths albeit some gear (Maxpedition and MagPul) was legit.

But, the show was generally pretty good I guess. It's been a little smaller scale for a few years compared to say 5 years ago plus, when that whole room was packed.

I couldn't resist a Randall Adventure Izula. What a slick LITTLE knife.

WDW
06-12-2011, 10:20 PM
My local gun shop had more gear than the "Tactical Expo". That part was really a joke. I picked up two knives from my friend Steven Kelly of www.skknives.com. I met some really cool South African knifemakers there, but was out of $$$. I'm gonna place an order later though.

NGCSUGrad09
06-13-2011, 08:00 PM
I picked up a Mil-Tac folder and had to resist many others. The people watching makes it quite the event!