PDA

View Full Version : Sub2000 demo at SHOT: neat gun, cringeworthy safety violations

TheTrevor
01-14-2014, 02:59 AM
I got all of 21 seconds into this video of a Kel-Tec design engineer talking up the Sub2000 at SHOT before I was exclaiming "did he just lead off by muzzle-sweeping his own hand?!?" and rewinding the video to be sure. See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onh-icxwb-M

To be fair, I was getting nervous well before the hand-lasering, as the company rep appeared to be holding it such that it was pointing cross-range and possibly at people behind the cameraman.

I don't care if the gun has had the firing pin removed. You don't start off a demo of your company's product at an outdoor range by lasering everyone on the line AND putting your hand over the muzzle, all in the first 20 seconds of the interview.

Chuck Haggard
01-14-2014, 09:22 AM
I don't get it. The sub has been around for years. They don't need to pimp that gun, they just need to built them as fast as they can make them, those things sell themselves.

Yes, I get the safety violations, just not sure what Kel Tec is doing wasting time going to SHOT pimping a gun they can't make enough of to keep up with demand.

TR675
01-14-2014, 10:09 AM
I thought that was their whole business model.

Drang
01-14-2014, 12:12 PM
I don't get it. The sub has been around for years. They don't need to pimp that gun, they just need to built them as fast as they can make them, those things sell themselves.

Yes, I get the safety violations, just not sure what Kel Tec is doing wasting time going to SHOT pimping a gun they can't make enough of to keep up with demand.
They don't have any new designs for someone else to ///r/i/p///o/f/f/// improve upon, so they want to remind everyone they're still out there?

The Sub2K is a nifty carbine, fun to shoot, and makes a decent trunk gun, but I hate taking it out because unfolding it while adhering to The Rules is so awkward.

Chuck Haggard
01-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I get all that Drang, but the truth is they already can't make enough to keep up with demand as is. So, quit wasting time at SHOT and get back to work says I.

Tamara
01-14-2014, 11:38 PM
They don't have any new designs for someone else to ///r/i/p///o/f/f/// improve upon...

I was gonna say "make work", but the judges say they will also accept "improve upon". ;)

Drang
01-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I get all that Drang, but the truth is they already can't make enough to keep up with demand as is. So, quit wasting time at SHOT and get back to work says I.

You'd think after the "Slam fire is a feature, not a bug!" imbroglio they'd've learned their lesson...