PDA

View Full Version : Storm Lake SS barrel vs Glock 19 OEM bbl

Andy T
06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
While doing a coating of my Glock 19, the company messed up the original barrel. I sent the barrel in for repair/replacement. And as a replacement they coated a Storm Lake SS barrel without contacting me.
The president says that they think it's a superior product, however, I am not convinced and I think that for my purposes (self defense, training) a Glock OEM barrel is better suited. Especially since I shoot dirt cheap ammo (Wolf steel case) through my Glocks.
I wonder if anybody has experience with the Storm Lake barrel and whether it's any better than Glock OEM.

Thanks!

Kyle Reese
06-08-2011, 05:10 PM
While doing a coating of my Glock 19, the company messed up the original barrel and as a replacement they coated a Storm Lake SS barrel without contacting me.
The president says that they think it's a superior product, however, I am not convinced and I think that for my purposes (self defense, training) a Glock OEM barrel is better suited. Especially since I shoot dirt cheap ammo (Wolf steel case) through my Glocks.
I wonder if anybody has experience with the Storm Lake barrel and whether it's any better than Glock OEM.

Thanks!

That's simply unacceptable from a customer service standpoint. They should have contacted you regarding the mistake (they happen) and offered you the choice of a new OEM barrel on their dime or an aftermarket one.

That proverbial dog wouldn't hunt with me....

JV_
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Given a choice, I'd pick an OEM barrel or a BarSto.

YVK
06-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I just came around (after 9000 rounds:D) to compare accuracy of OEM and match-grade barrels on my Glock 19. Every distance I shot it, OEM outperformed that gunsmith-installed barrel that I've had in that Glock all along. I am going back to OEM. The match barrel wasn't Storm Lake, but it makes a point.

ranburr
06-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Both are good. The Storm Lake gives you more reload options. Still, I wouldn't like the fact that they went with it without consulting you first.