PDA

View Full Version : Garrity delivery time

JohnN
02-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Has anyone had any recent experience ordering and/or receiving a Garrity Invictus? I know delivery times and communication were a little on the slow side.

STS
02-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I've emailed him, IM'd him, and tried calling him several times and have never received a response. I know he is super busy so I was patient and spaced out the messages over a couple months. Even mentioned that I knew he was busy and I was in no hurry. Not really sure what else one can do, I contacted him knowing I might be waiting a year or more.

SmokeJumper
02-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I put an order in his que back in April/May 2010 for the Invictus. He was good about answering questions on the initial contacts via e-mail. But then as the months went by, no response to e-mails and I tried a couple of phone calls and his number was no longer in service. The phone number is no longer listed on his website. Then at the end of December I finally made contact, his e-mail address changed, and he stated that he'd fallen behind due some family issues, but was back up and running. After that, zero contact, zero responses, and zero responses via PM on another forum. Since then, I've noticed that he has posted holsters for sale several times on another forum within the last 2 months, but again, zero contact/response. So, not really sure what the issue is, but some contact with customers is necessary to good business practices. I'd still like to get the Invictus, but time will only tell.
As a side note, I've heard another leather guy has an AIWB in the final T&E stages.......

gtmtnbiker98
02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
There's definitely better and cheaper out there, I'd personally look elsewhere.

randypollock
02-27-2011, 12:20 AM
I put an order in his que back in April/May 2010 f

Have you already paid for it?

SmokeJumper
02-27-2011, 03:08 PM
No payment made, he kept saying he would contact for payment

randypollock
02-27-2011, 03:10 PM
even my Milt Sparks didn't take that long

SmokeJumper
02-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but Tony and his crew answer the phone and deliver, oh well, gonna look at the AIWB from TT Gun Leather recommended by VolGrad.

Savage Hands
02-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah, but Tony and his crew answer the phone and deliver, oh well, gonna look at the AIWB from TT Gun Leather recommended by VolGrad.

I'm looking at one to wear at 2-3 o'clock for my M&P 9c.

Pistol Fan
02-28-2011, 09:51 AM
My experience has been identical to Smokejumper's, though I did not place my order until late last year. I still want a holster, but I finally just gave up trying. Seems that he may be out of business.

randypollock
02-28-2011, 10:00 AM
I have some very nice holsters with the worse wait time being almost six months, but seriously if your business takes a year to get you a holster something is wrong...don't you think?

This is the only thing I would wait a year for http://rphoto.me/ezYFKT

ToddG
02-28-2011, 10:04 AM
but seriously if your business takes a year to get you a holster something is wrong...don't you think?

Absolutely not. Some of the best and most exclusive holster makers quote far longer. Either you want to wait for what they offer, or you don't. Before his untimely death, a genuine Alessi holster normally had a lead time of years.

It's simply the penalty incurred from wanting a high-demand, low-supply product.

randypollock
02-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Absolutely not. Some of the best and most exclusive holster makers quote far longer. Either you want to wait for what they offer, or you don't. Before his untimely death, a genuine Alessi holster normally had a lead time of years.

It's simply the penalty incurred from wanting a high-demand, low-supply product.

I love custom stuff...don't get me wrong...right now I am having a custom sculpture made for me, but if I have a gun I want to carry and I have to use a temp holster for 1.5 / 2 years until the good one is done...that just doesn't make sense to me. Milt Sparks made my Para PDA holster this past year and it took four months a few years ago a custom guy in Atlanta made my XD holster and it took six months..that I can live with but really is the one that you wait for (that takes over a year) that much better...I'm so forgetful I would have forgotten I even ordered the thing. :)

STS
02-28-2011, 02:56 PM

I agree. I waited close to two years for my Alessi PCH when it first came out, and it was well worth it. It is still, IMO the most comfortable IWB holster for me.

I just wish I could get some sort of correspondence from Garrity. All I want to do is get in line for a couple of his AIWB holsters. He will love me as a customer. Once I place my orders I just completely forget about them, I don't call and email the maker every month asking whats up.

dookie1481
02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I placed an order on June 15th. I have been in contact with him a couple of times, so I know he is reading at least some of his emails.

YVK
02-28-2011, 09:32 PM

This is very true. I have stuff ordered from Lou in 2005 that I have never received.

Try to get a DelFatti holster.

Buckshot
03-01-2011, 11:33 PM
I never received an order from Garrity that I placed 5 years ago - don't expect I will, either.

xray 99
03-03-2011, 10:39 PM
A custom maker should:
Post accurate delivery times on his web site. If too long for the customer, the customer can move on;
Respond to customers in a timely fashion.

MTechnik
03-03-2011, 11:18 PM
I keep wanting to beg Tom at Raven to get a spot up. But I am where I am, and other people have needs too.

Also, more time answering me is less time making the holster 2000 places before mine.

Savage Hands
03-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Maybe Tim Thurner will train Occidental Leather into making his AIWB holster, which would give a 2 week or less turn around. I shot him an email about it, we will see ;)

dookie1481
03-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Maybe Tim Thurner will train Occidental Leather into making his AIWB holster, which would give a 2 week or less turn around. I shot him an email about it, we will see ;)

I had no idea he made one. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Savage Hands
03-04-2011, 08:16 AM
I had no idea he made one. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Volgrad does http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?55-Occidental-Leather-Holsters

skyugo
03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
I sent him an email order in september 2010. never got a response. I'm not interested anymore anyways. If he's not interested in making holsters for people he should probably just take down his website.

John Ralston
03-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Not to make excuses for Mark, but he is a full time LEO and spends a considerable amount of time working. Throw in the holsters, and you have one guy who is really burried.

VolGrad
03-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Like someone already linked I did ask TT to make me an AIWB holster a while back which he in turn made a production item and now sells on his site. I had great success with it for a P238 but only marginal success with the G26. For me the issue wasn't the holster it was just the short bbl/slide relative to the thickness of the pistol.

After taking the AFHF class and talking to TLG this weekend I want to give AIWB another try and might ask Tim to make me the same for a G19.

Frank B
03-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Back to the original topic.

He told me the currend turnaround time for a In-Victus would be 5-6 months and I´ll be contacted for payment, if the order is ready. This was back in september 2010 as I placed the order. So I´m still patiently waiting.

I personally don´t like to talk about possible ordering issues in public without the attendance of the person himself.
He is the only one, who can answer the questions and solve the issues.