PDA

View Full Version : knee sounded like bubble wrap

JodyH
06-04-2011, 10:27 PM
First I kill my $$$ laptop, now I attempted to tear up my only good knee.
Last October I jacked my left knee (tibial plateau fracture among other things), today I twisted my right knee to the point it sounded like popping bubble wrap.
Now it's extremely unstable and if I twist it just a little it pops good and buckles, almost dropping me to the ground.
I downed some "vitamin I" (ibuprofen) and have it elevated and iced with a support sleeve.
Here's hoping it improves in a day or two and I don't have to spend another $25k on orthopedic surgeons and therapists.
:p

SecondsCount
06-04-2011, 11:00 PM
First I kill my $$$ laptop, now I attempted to tear up my only good knee.
Last October I jacked my left knee (tibial plateau fracture among other things), today I twisted my right knee to the point it sounded like popping bubble wrap.
Now it's extremely unstable and if I twist it just a little it pops good and buckles, almost dropping me to the ground.
I downed some "vitamin I" (ibuprofen) and have it elevated and iced with a support sleeve.
Here's hoping it improves in a day or two and I don't have to spend another $25k on orthopedic surgeons and therapists.
:p
Ouch. Let's hope it is only a minor injury.

JM Campbell
06-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I feel your pain! Been through knee surgery years ago and had a pin installed and torn materials removed. Still gives me problems at times.

I still have problems with my feet after crushing them in a car accident and a long recovery after that. Still walk with a limp at times when I work too much, but hey I'm a blue collar worker so a little pain just says it was a good days work.

Hope you improve soon.

Al T.
06-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Best wishes Jody.

LittleLebowski
06-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Jody, did you call your insurance about your laptop?

JodyH
06-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Jody, did you call your insurance about your laptop?
Not covered.
I picked up a cheap Dell to get me by for a while.