PDA

View Full Version : JM Custom Kydex AIWB Belt Loop Options

tizzo
11-28-2013, 11:34 AM
After much research I've decided to give the JM Custom Kydex a shot for aiwb. One thing I'm stuck on is the belt attachment style. The solid kydex belt loop seems to be the standard, however I like the easy on/off of the loops though they may not be as concealable. I know it's probably a personal thing, but I was hoping to get some opinions on belt attachment.

Thanks

wilco423
11-28-2013, 12:28 PM
I have a JMCK AIWB, and use the solid loop. Since only the tail of my Atlas goes through the loop, removal is very simple. My buckle is at 12:00 though, so if you offset it will make it harder. As far as concealability goes, I think in general the larger the difference between the chest and (true) waist sizes, the easier it will be to run soft loops. I'd say just order the solid AND a set of the soft loops when you order the holster so you can see for yourself.

LittleLebowski
11-28-2013, 12:38 PM
You'll never actually use the "easy on/off" feature of the soft loops. The hard loop positions the holster better, doesn't print as much as the soft loops, and keeps the holster closer. Get the hard loop.

littlejerry
11-28-2013, 01:59 PM
I've tried the soft loops, split regular height, and split high ride on my JM holster. I prefer the split regular height. Prints the least and keeps the holster stable. Kind of a pain to loop an instructor belt but works great with leather.

Corlissimo
11-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Another great thing about the hard loop:
If you run with a WT style belt, or any belt with Velcro you can add some "hook" Velcro to the loop and really lock the position of the holster down. Another benefit related benefit is that doing the above helps keep the free end of the belt secured no matter where the belt loops of your pants happen to be.

I ordered both soft & hard loops, and haven't run the softies since adding the Velcro to my loop.

~ Typos brought to you by my lazyness & in attention to detail.

justintime
11-28-2013, 08:26 PM
The soft loops are really hard to get on and off and they print a lot. Solid loop all the way!

Clusterfrack
11-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I prefer the soft loops. I trimmed mine so they don't print. I find them super easy to put on and take off. Maybe try a little Froglube paste on your snaps?

Also because I thread my belt backwards (buckle at 10:00), it would be a PIA to use the solid loops.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/29/je6a2a4a.jpg

tizzo
11-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with the solid loop, and if need be order the soft loops later, based on the product description I should be able to swap the loops out as desired.

Tony Mayer
12-02-2013, 01:49 PM
tizzo, all the loops are interchangeable so you can swap them out as needed. There is the 2 week trial period as well so if you need to swap loops out in that time frame your welcome to. Thanks and let me know if you have any more questions.

Kobalt60
12-02-2013, 07:23 PM
fwiw, I'm lovin' the soft loops. The butt of my G23 is way more likely to print than the buttons of the soft loops. Plus, its not like having a small, soft edged bulge at belt level is going to scream "GUN!" to anyone. I wear a Saddleback Tow Belt and found that I needed to expand the soft loop to the 1.75" belt hole in order to close the snaps easily around the relatively fat belt.

Trajan
12-02-2013, 08:52 PM
I like soft loops just from the ability to put the holster on and take the holster off without screwing with the belt.

Rich
12-08-2013, 03:43 PM
I prefer the soft loops. I trimmed mine so they don't print.

I've held a permit to carry for a few decades now. I will only use Pull Dot loops on IWB holsters.

I also never had a single problem using pull dot loops. leather or synthetic