PDA

View Full Version : DIY Shotgun Built From Airport Terminal Store Items

NETim
11-25-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513362/Man-builds-homemade-gun-items-purchased-airport-terminal-AFTER-security.html

Shotgun built from commonly available items in airport terminal stores.

nycnoob
11-25-2013, 08:05 PM
His website is here with more info:

http://www.terminalcornucopia.com/

will_1400
11-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Loving the ignorance shown in the comments regarding him "teaching the nut jobs how to do it". So many people fail to realize that a high-school level of science with the intent to misbehave is more than enough to cause some serious trouble. Wonder how said idiots would react when they realize the 1oz limit for a handful of items could make a fair bomb with the right chemicals...

PPGMD
11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Wonder how said idiots would react when they realize the 1oz limit for a handful of items could make a fair bomb with the right chemicals...

Heck even if 1 oz isn't enough, what is to stop 3-4 terrorists each coming in with the TSA allowed bag, filled with 3.4 oz containers and then combining it in an empty container (which you can bring) once they get to the other side of security?

Josh Runkle
11-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Heck even if 1 oz isn't enough, what is to stop 3-4 terrorists each coming in with the TSA allowed bag, filled with 3.4 oz containers and then combining it in an empty container (which you can bring) once they get to the other side of security?

Nothing. The TSA exists to provide the illusion of safety. I remember reading something around 2007-2008 that in their quality control testing, they only catch around 25% of non-artfully-concealed items, meaning that if you just place a fully assembled firearm in a bag full of stuff, they only catch it 1 in 4 times.

I do know that this "guy" I know, one time was in Central America and returned home for a funeral with literally only a few hour's notice and took the bag he had with him when he got the call on the plane. He made it through security in that country, landed in the US, went through security again and was on a plane home with a backpack that included a limited amount of items (a tee shirt and a Bible if I recall), and discovered on that flight that he accidentally had a SOG Seal Pup in another pocket.