PDA

View Full Version : fiscal discipline

jlw
11-22-2013, 12:41 PM
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1471897_541084229319957_944110615_n.jpg

Chuck Haggard
11-22-2013, 12:51 PM
That picture makes Baby Odin weep

TCinVA
11-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Could be worse. It could be a VersaCarry.

Tamara
11-22-2013, 12:57 PM
I cannot tell you how many times over the years I watched somebody pick out a brand new Kimber or P220ST or USP Tactical and then I'd walk them over to the holsters and they would soil their pants (http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2005/11/gear-ho-confessions-of-gear-snob.html) at the thought of dropping $50 or $60 on a piece of Galco steak wrapper.

It was all you could do to keep them in the ~$20 Uncle Mike's plastic and out of the nylon sausage sacks.

Dagga Boy
11-22-2013, 01:24 PM
So I'm sitting here with the Fanny pack, shorts, keen flip flops (even though its 40 degrees and raining) all ready to go to all you can eat Sushi with a red head after a wonderous morning of good coffee and a great shave with the Merkur in the steam shower.............and you had to post that and ruin my day.......Thanks:mad:.

Dagga Boy
11-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I just switched to the TT Gunleather AIWB holster with matching custom non-cataloged mag pouch to right this wrong. It will hurt at lunch, but I will suffer so Odin quits weeping.

BLR
11-22-2013, 02:23 PM
I cannot tell you how many times over the years I watched somebody pick out a brand new Kimber or P220ST or USP Tactical and then I'd walk them over to the holsters and they would soil their pants (http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2005/11/gear-ho-confessions-of-gear-snob.html) at the thought of dropping $50 or $60 on a piece of Galco steak wrapper.

It was all you could do to keep them in the ~$20 Uncle Mike's plastic and out of the nylon sausage sacks.

I saw someone do that with a 38Super Tactical Elite recently.

I'm pretty sure you are GTG for pistol whipping them with their own hog leg for such a stunt.

Tamara
11-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Didja see where we had to beat the Pro open with a hammer to get the stuck unfired Amerc cartridge out? Spend two k plus on the gun and try to wreck it saving two bucks on ammo.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Lester Polfus
11-22-2013, 03:11 PM
I have bought some factory loaded ammo that disappointed me, but Amerc is the only brand that ever frightened me.

LSP972
11-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Or a Serpa.

NickA
11-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Don't get me started... I've spent most of the week trying to explain what a bad idea that thing is to a coworker. Makes me wonder how he ever talked himself into spending the money for a SIG P239.

LSP972
11-22-2013, 03:39 PM
all ready to go to all you can eat Sushi

What??? Didn't you bail from SoCal? Can you even BUY sushi in Texas???

I'm thinking that eating sushi in Texas would be… like… unconstitutional?:confused:

Lester Polfus
11-22-2013, 03:41 PM
What??? Didn't you bail from SoCal? Can you even BUY sushi in Texas???

I'm thinking that eating sushi in Texas would be… like… unconstitutional?:confused:

You can get sushi in Texas, they just call it "bait.'

LSP972
11-22-2013, 03:45 PM

LOL. I heard that.

Tamara
11-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I have bought some factory loaded ammo that disappointed me, but Amerc is the only brand that ever frightened me.

The first time we took a cartridge apart and took calipers to the various parts, I believe my very first words were "Do these people not have a legal department?"

NETim
11-22-2013, 04:57 PM

Amerc is the Obamacare of ammo.

Lester Polfus
11-22-2013, 05:19 PM
It's also the only ammo where I didn't finish the box. I put ten rounds through my EAA Witness*, thought it was really strange that the slide would barely cycle on some shots, but felt like a cannon on other shots. I took the gun apart, couldn't find a problem, fired half a second magazine, then realized that the shotgun style pattern on the paper, complete with keyholing bullets, was a clue that something was wrong.

I forgot to segregate the brass from the other ammo I fired that day, but that wasn't a problem, because when I ran it through the reloading press the AMERC brass felt noticeably different, as it was quite thin. That was many, many years ago. Do they still exist?

* This was long before I knew better. The Witness is gone. Please don't lecture. (Hey, it looked like a Bren Ten)

Tamara
11-22-2013, 05:35 PM
It's been years since I saw the stuff. I'd heard rumors of it popping Glock 21s, but the last straw at the range I worked at was one letting go in an external extractor Kimber, sending mag guts all over the floor and caroming the extractor off the stall divider to the shooter's right so vigorously that the extractor itself was found on the floor three lanes to his left.

We took an empty box and taped it to the range door as a visual aid to go with the "No Amerc Allowed" sign.

The round I remember seeing disassembled had a projectile that was overlarge and brass around the case mouth that was a little thick, causing the case mouth to bell out when the oversize bullet was seated. That's what got the Springer Pro stuck.

Dagga Boy
11-22-2013, 06:17 PM

You sound like my business partner. Only thing close for him is buying "Minners".

With that said, there is not only sushi, but good sushi. Amazingly, some of the best sushi I have ever had was in............Fricking El Paso!:confused:

LHS
11-23-2013, 12:24 AM
You sound like my business partner. Only thing close for him is buying "Minners".

With that said, there is not only sushi, but good sushi. Amazingly, some of the best sushi I have ever had was in............Fricking El Paso!:confused:

You are a braver man than I, eating sushi in El Paso.

RoyGBiv
11-23-2013, 06:11 AM
all you can eat Sushi with a red head
I'll give you a pass for not inviting me... http://texaschlforum.com/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

BLR
11-23-2013, 09:23 AM
It's been years since I saw the stuff. I'd heard rumors of it popping Glock 21s, but the last straw at the range I worked at was one letting go in an external extractor Kimber, sending mag guts all over the floor and caroming the extractor off the stall divider to the shooter's right so vigorously that the extractor itself was found on the floor three lanes to his left.

We took an empty box and taped it to the range door as a visual aid to go with the "No Amerc Allowed" sign.

The round I remember seeing disassembled had a projectile that was overlarge and brass around the case mouth that was a little thick, causing the case mouth to bell out when the oversize bullet was seated. That's what got the Springer Pro stuck.

And Pro's have historically ultra tight match chambers.

One day Tam, you need to head over here. I'll show you how to fully automate a Super 1050 for $900 bucks. 800RPH by flipping a switch.

Chris Rhines
11-23-2013, 11:12 AM
I'll show you how to fully automate a Super 1050 for $900 bucks. 800RPH by flipping a switch.

!!!

You doing anything next weekend?

EricP
11-23-2013, 01:34 PM
I'll show you how to fully automate a Super 1050 for $900 bucks. 800RPH by flipping a switch.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this. Could it be adapted to a 650?

NETim
11-23-2013, 01:49 PM
And Pro's have historically ultra tight match chambers.

One day Tam, you need to head over here. I'll show you how to fully automate a Super 1050 for $900 bucks. 800RPH by flipping a switch.

Class 3 1050? Where's the fun in that?

BLR
11-23-2013, 04:22 PM
The fun was building it. The ROI was in using it.

I think I'm going to turn it on now....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Fly320s
11-23-2013, 10:11 PM
The fun was building it. The ROI was in using it.

I think I'm going to turn it on now....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Got a video for YouTube?

BLR
11-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Nope. Never put up a youtube video. Not quite sure how.