PDA

View Full Version : Flashbang holster for women

Slavex
06-01-2011, 04:26 AM
please please tell me this isn't a repost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw&feature=player_embedded

orionz06
06-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Is it awful that I am wondering why the gun is just out there in space rather than back in more of a retention position or under a 2 hand grip? Or that I am thinking that if she can do it that fast that a more standard carry position with that particular gun might be just as feasible?

peterb
06-01-2011, 07:16 AM
A more complete review: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/05/24/a-womans-review-of-the-flashbang-bra-holster/

ToddG
06-01-2011, 07:28 AM
The speed has to be taken in context. She's starting with her weak hand already gripping her shirt. She's literally less than a yard from the target. We never see if she actually hits anything -- or whether there is actually a target for her to hit.

Not a condemnation of the holster by any means, but a few other points come to mind:

Presumably, it will only work with relatively small and lightweight guns. An LCP-like pistol is certainly better than being unarmed.
I suspect most women will not want to be drawing and reholstering multiple times at a public range or in front of others in a class. That is going to limit good practical training opportunities.
It appears from the video that the holster holds the gun horizontal across the body, pointing toward 9 o'clock. If that's the case, it will not be allowable at many public ranges and in most serious classes. Though if there were just one person in class using that holster, an accomodation can be made by putting her at one end of the firing line under most circumstances.
The potential for getting the gun and/or hand snagged inside the shirt seems high. I'm curious as to whether there were any runs we didn't see in the video where that happened.
Build and clothing choice are going to play a significant role in both the concealability and speed of draw.

SLG
06-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I kept waiting for her to shoot herself. Seems like the disaster factor there was pretty high. At the least it looks like she's sweeping her left arm each time, and may be sweeping...bigger things.

TGS
06-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Boobies rock.

TGS
06-01-2011, 08:37 AM
On a more serious note, I think it's an awesome option for women running a deep cover pistol.

She might be flagging her boobies, but with AIWB we're flagging our jewels, so you can't honestly "hit" the holster for that.

JHC
06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I kept waiting for her to shoot herself. Seems like the disaster factor there was pretty high. At the least it looks like she's sweeping her left arm each time, and may be sweeping...bigger things.

vid said she was a novice just introduced to the gun and holster for a short period before that video. I was horrified. Completely irresponsible IMO. It may be a great deep cover solution for a small pistol, but for experienced users.

I'm reminded of the report of the guy in Memphis who killed himself reholstering with a shoulder rig. She could do the same.

Shellback
06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
If I were trying to market a product I would ensure the person demonstrating it would be using the proper protective eyewear. :cool:

Might be feasible for a deep cover type of concealment where a woman's options are limited due to clothing requirements.

Slavex
06-03-2011, 01:18 AM
there were a lot of things wrong with this video, but I'll admit, I was waiting for the "flash" that would have sold me.