PDA

View Full Version : Week 86: 2-Second Challenge #2

ToddG
11-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Please read the rules (http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?1837-Drill-of-the-Week) before participating in this thread.

Week 86: 2-Second Challenge #2
results may be posted until 11:59pm EST on Friday 22-November-2013.

Range: 5yd
Target: 3x5 card
Start position: from concealment or a duty/retention holster
Rounds fired: varies

This is our second in a series of "What can you do in two seconds?" AMRAP drills.

Set up your target at five yards. You will draw from either concealment or a duty/retention holster. If your range does not allow you to draw from a holster, begin from the ready position (gun in whatever condition you normally carry it).

Give yourself a 2-second PAR.

Draw and fire one shot at the target within the PAR time.

If you are successful with all hits in time five times in a row, repeat the test but fire two rounds maintaining the 2-second PAR.

If you are successful with all hits within the PAR five times in a row, repeat the test but firing three rounds (keeping the 2s PAR).

As long as you get all hits within PAR five times in a row, keep adding one more shot and try again.

Once you miss or go over PAR, the drill is over.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

pistol and holster used
Start position (concealed, duty, or ready).
Highest number of hits per draw that you successfully scored all hits within PAR time for five successive attempts

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.

2alpha-down0
11-17-2013, 09:20 PM
M&P9/JMCK AIWB
Concealed under polo
5x 1 hit within PAR successful, first attempt at 2 rounds was within PAR but had a miss.

Glock 23/Safariland 6280
Duty
5x 1 hit within PAR successful

John Ralston
11-17-2013, 11:58 PM
3x5 mounted horizontal?

GJM
11-18-2013, 12:05 AM
I am a dumbass. After doing this with a Glock, Sig and Beretta, I realized the target wasn't the eight inch circle.

In any event there wasn't .10 difference between the three platforms in my hands -- five shots to the eight inch in 1.82-1.95.

GJM
11-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Duplicate post

GJM
11-18-2013, 09:53 PM
I figured I better do this drill per the instructions.

Gen 3 Glock 34, Safariland OWB, Filson vest.

I was good for string 1, string 2 and clean until the 15th and final shot of string 3, when I pulled the last shot high, ruining string 3.

As a learning experience, I tried string 4, four shots to the 3x5 and was making the hits within time (about 1.85) but only getting 3 out of 4 hits in. What was funny was my average total times for 2, 3 and 4 shots was about 1.85, although my splits were down to .20 on string 4. No idea how that was happening, as I just was trying to shoot the sights and forget about time.

At 5 yards, it is easy to get target focused, but looking at that front sight thing is not only more accurate but faster for that size target at that distance for me.

ToddG
11-19-2013, 01:11 PM
3x5 mounted horizontal?

Yes.

My run:
SACS/Warren 9mm 1911 in 5 Shot SME aiwb holster from concealment.
1 in 2s easy. 2 in 2s easy. 3 in 2s I couldn't do five times consistently in a row. So 2 for me.

Corey
11-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm, Blade-Tech IDPA holster, open front concealment.
#1 Fail. Made all 5 shots just barely under par but with 2 misses.

DocGKR
11-26-2013, 01:56 AM
G19 in Fricke Seraphim AIWB conceunder long sleeve Polo shirt and Northface soft shell.

Success at 3 shots to 3x5 at or under par; overtime when attempting 4 shots...