PDA

View Full Version : Flashlights for the "baller"

Totem Polar
11-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Just a quick drive-by posting on this one; knowing ToddG's taste in both firearms and watches, I figured I'd hit him where he lives and stir the pot at the same time... :D

http://www.darksucks.com/home.html

Apologies in advance if the whole world has already seen these.

Sal Picante
11-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Looks like a lightsaber!

Sweet...

Tamara
11-14-2013, 01:27 PM
I don't get it. :confused:

justintime
11-14-2013, 01:34 PM
I always lose flashlights, this would make me have a sad

Byron
11-14-2013, 01:48 PM
I far prefer these :o

https://www.nebotools.com/product_images/922Hero600x600Web.jpg

https://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=146

ToddG
11-14-2013, 06:16 PM
No strobe, no sale.

Chefdog
11-15-2013, 07:49 AM
No strobe, no sale.

Now come on, that's just silly. Anyone can plainly see that a dedicated strobe isn't necessary with this light. The 34k fusion powered lumens bounce around off all those nickle plated nooks and crannies, causing a terribly frightening strobe effect. It's so powerful that one person had their eyelashes fused when they thought about looking towards the light.
We should all buy them now before Feinstein sees how unnecessary these dangerous assault lights are.

Chuck Haggard
11-15-2013, 09:30 AM
All of the tail cap lights I have come with a strobe feature, it's called "my thumb".

Dropkick
11-15-2013, 10:12 AM
All of the tail cap lights I have come with a strobe feature, it's called "my thumb".

Your thumb can move at 12 Hz?

Erik
11-15-2013, 10:14 AM

More when I was an adolescent.

Tamara
11-15-2013, 10:23 AM

It takes a few cups of coffee, though.

(Although here's my thing about strobe: I personally think that for it to be of any use to me, the strobe function would need to come on automagically. If my thumb has to do the macarena to activate it, it's no more use if I'm in a hurry than these retarded laser activation buttons mounted on the rear sight. And if strobe is the default function, then it makes the flashlight less useful for me for all the times I'm using a flashlight that aren't in the middle of a gunfight, which is 100% of them so far. And I'm just not tactical enough to carry two flashlights in my jeans pockets and hope I remember which one is for shining on bad guys and which one is for looking for car keys. So I don't currently have a strobe. I am willing to be talked out of this position.)

Erik
11-15-2013, 10:38 AM
It takes a few cups of coffee, though.

(Although here's my thing about strobe: I personally think that for it to be of any use to me, the strobe function would need to come on automagically. If my thumb has to do the macarena to activate it, it's no more use if I'm in a hurry than these retarded laser activation buttons mounted on the rear sight. And if strobe is the default function, then it makes the flashlight less useful for me for all the times I'm using a flashlight that aren't in the middle of a gunfight, which is 100% of them so far. And I'm just not tactical enough to carry two flashlights in my jeans pockets and hope I remember which one is for shining on bad guys and which one is for looking for car keys. So I don't currently have a strobe. I am willing to be talked out of this position.)

It's been talked about in another thread, but you might take a look at the Klarus XT1C or XT2C (http://www.amazon.com/Klarus-XT1C-Tactical-EDC-CR123A/dp/B0078OZVZ0/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_text_y) if you do want a strobe. It's as close as I have found to the 2 flashlight solution.

Chuck Haggard
11-15-2013, 10:39 AM

Doesn't need to be.

A store bought solution is more easier, but before Ken Good drove strobes onto the market by force of will, we made do...........

ToddG
11-15-2013, 11:55 AM

Bravo.

A store bought solution is more easier, but before Ken Good drove strobes onto the market by force of will, we made do...........

Yeah... and then he drove strobes onto the market.

I've actually used the thumb-driven "strobe" against an angry aggressive drunk guy before to good effect. But as Tam points out, it's simply not as effective or as stress-time simple as holding down a button and letting the machine do all the work. The rapidity of the flash is better, I don't need to worry about my thumb getting tired, I don't need to devote even a single brain cell to moving my thumb (possibly while simultaneously trying to keep my opposite thumb still around the grip of my pistol... sympathetic movement and all that), etc.

Chuck Haggard
11-15-2013, 12:00 PM
If your thumb is getting tired you are doing it wrong, and I don't mean strobing :p

I totally get the want for a strobe, when Ken got the Gladius on the market I was one of the first people to get one. However, comma, since then, the "ME TOO!!!!!" strobe added feature on most flashlights makes them such a bad choice for most of what I would want a flashlight to do that I would rather go without a strobe to avoid a stupid strobe.

ToddG
11-15-2013, 12:08 PM
I'd rather have a good light with a good strobe. They're out there.

Chuck Haggard
11-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I'd rather have a good light with a good strobe. They're out there.

Agreed, but most lights with strobes have crappy switchology.

Dropkick
11-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Since Jan. 2012 I carried a pocket flashlight that has a ring by the head which you could twist to select which mode you wanted it it. I left it in strobe all the time, and if I need to use it generically I'd just give the ring a short twist before turning it on. There was no "programming" to do this, and I had access to all the settings available.

I bought the latest model of the flashlight Nov. 1st and it uses the same mode selection ring with some enhancements. Again, I can leave it in strobe mode, unless I plan to use it for something else. I was planning on carrying it longer before I wrote up anything about it, but... I could be persuaded otherwise if there is interest.

LSP972
11-15-2013, 01:19 PM
I agree that additional switch manipulations to get the strobe effect are confusing and potentially disastrous, like extra buttons/switches on your weapon, etc. I avoid them; my EDC light is a SureFire E1B, with a simple high-low choice. I found one NIB the other day for less than a king's ransom, and snarfed it up for a spare. Very happy me; SureFire has discontinued it.

That said… are any of these small light strobes even effective against a drunk or pharmaceutically-enhanced antagonist? I understand that certain light patterns can really short-circuit the human nervous system; but I have had two acquaintances try out their "strobes" on me, and I didn't feel incapacitated, ill, whatever, in the slightest. Dunno what brand/type lights they were, but they appeared to be second-rate Chinese imports.

Tamara
11-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Since Jan. 2012 I carried a pocket flashlight that has a ring by the head which you could twist to select which mode you wanted it it. I left it in strobe all the time, and if I need to use it generically I'd just give the ring a short twist before turning it on. There was no "programming" to do this, and I had access to all the settings available.

I bought the latest model of the flashlight Nov. 1st and it uses the same mode selection ring with some enhancements. Again, I can leave it in strobe mode, unless I plan to use it for something else. I was planning on carrying it longer before I wrote up anything about it, but... I could be persuaded otherwise if there is interest.

Something like that would work for what I'm looking for. Or maybe a tailcap button for the strobe and a button somewhere on the body for a dimmer constant-on flashlight mode?

justintime
11-15-2013, 01:34 PM
my roommates have strobes going downstairs all the time

peterb
11-15-2013, 01:58 PM

The foursevens Quark Tactical is a bit like that, but has to be programmed:
"Your Quark Tactical can memorize any two modes of output, from its eight
total modes, to be instantly available. These two modes are accessed by
either tightening or loosening the head (for example, tight can be Max, and
loose can be Low). "

I've got one as an everyday/work light, with the modes programmed for high and low. Haven't tried the pound-it-on-the bench test, but the build quality appears to be good.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/flashlights/Tactical

Chuck Haggard
11-15-2013, 05:45 PM
LSP, the strobe isn't the deal, the strobe is like the hot chick on stage with the magician, she ain't the trick, she's the distraction. Using the strobe properly allows you to do other things while the bad guy's eye balls are momentarily in WTF mode.

Although I have strobed a drunk and a dude on meth, one each, that fell over from loss of balance after being hit in a very dark setting.

Steve S.
11-15-2013, 07:16 PM
The foursevens Quark Tactical is a bit like that, but has to be programmed:
"Your Quark Tactical can memorize any two modes of output, from its eight
total modes, to be instantly available. These two modes are accessed by
either tightening or loosening the head (for example, tight can be Max, and
loose can be Low). "

I've got one as an everyday/work light, with the modes programmed for high and low. Haven't tried the pound-it-on-the bench test, but the build quality appears to be good.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/flashlights/Tactical

I loved that light.... then I lost it. The "moonlight" option was perfect for certain situations.

.....So what's the skinny on the diamond encrusted one? That's the real gem here.

LSP972
11-15-2013, 09:58 PM
LSP, the strobe isn't the deal, the strobe is like the hot chick on stage with the magician, she ain't the trick, she's the distraction. .

Ah… okay, I see. I've had a couple of nimrods "explain" to me how the strobe was a magic thunderbolt that would incapacitate the baddest whatever.

ToddG
11-15-2013, 10:34 PM
I agree that additional switch manipulations to get the strobe effect are confusing and potentially disastrous, like extra buttons/switches on your weapon, etc. I avoid them;

Agreed. As has been said, the only strobes really worth the money are the ones that operate as the default (once set/programmed to do so). Luckily, there are enough lights like that on the market to give folks good choices on good lights. Are they Surefire? No. But they're durable and functional lights that work the way I want a light to work. At this point, Surefire is like the highest quality blank-firing gun on the market... it's awesome unless I really need it.

That said… are any of these small light strobes even effective against a drunk or pharmaceutically-enhanced antagonist? I understand that certain light patterns can really short-circuit the human nervous system; but I have had two acquaintances try out their "strobes" on me, and I didn't feel incapacitated, ill, whatever, in the slightest.

First, I know a few guys who've said the same thing. Almost universally it's people who were prepared ahead of time to get strobed in the face and because they didn't immediately pass out they declared the strobe useless. But having strobed more than a handful of people while out walking the dog, it absolutely gets a couple moments of startle beyond what a solid light delivers.

The only really aggressive person I've ever strobed was drunk at the time and it completely reset his brain. Would that happen to every drunk? Probably not. But at worst the strobe is as good as any other strong light. At best it's more disruptive. It's also harder to follow someone's movement when he's strobing versus when he's using a solid light.

Jay Cunningham
11-15-2013, 11:00 PM
I need a baller light.

LSP972
11-16-2013, 09:04 AM
It's also harder to follow someone's movement when he's strobing versus when he's using a solid light.

That makes sense; a good deal if one is dis-engaging.

I just wonder about what it does to YOUR perception if you are pressing the engagement? That's a serious question and I would like the group's thoughts on it.

Interesting thread… I had totally dismissed this strobe business as yet another manifestation of "dynamic prone-itis". You gotta remember that I had three major uses for a flashlight when I was "in the game"… for working wrecks and looking for things/folks, scoring targets during night quals, and as an impact weapon…;)

LSP972
11-16-2013, 09:05 AM
I need a baller light.

Why is it called that?

ToddG
11-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I just wonder about what it does to YOUR perception if you are pressing the engagement? That's a serious question and I would like the group's thoughts on it.

Depends on your level of familiarity. When I first started using it, the strobe was distracting to me. Now, I frequently keep it on strobe mode when just using the light as a normal flashlight.

Chuck Haggard
11-16-2013, 09:41 AM
That makes sense; a good deal if one is dis-engaging.

Interesting thread… I had totally dismissed this strobe business as yet another manifestation of "dynamic prone-itis". You gotta remember that I had three major uses for a flashlight when I was "in the game"… for working wrecks and looking for things/folks, scoring targets during night quals, and as an impact weapon…;)

It helps to know that the guy who drove the entire idea of strobing flashlights is a VERY "press the fight" kind of guy. The strobe is most effectively used to mask movement and to "steal" the bad guy's vision.
Most people think it's BS because they have never been the hostage taking bad guy on a scenario and ended up with a muzzle contact shot on the side of their head that they never saw coming, even though they knew the TTP in question and were specifically looking for the good guys to pull that stunt.

TR675
11-16-2013, 09:46 AM
...it absolutely gets a couple moments of startle beyond what a solid light delivers.

Like Tom Givens says..."if you can get two 'WTF's' out of Dude" you can win your fight.

Chuck Haggard
11-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Like Tom Givens says..."if you can get two 'WTF's' out of Dude" you can win your fight.

Or avoid one. I have lost track of how many times I have been in a lower light MUC and flashing the dude reset is OODA loop into O, O, WTF?, O, O........

Typically it ends things right there.

Chuck Whitlock
11-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Agreed. As has been said, the only strobes really worth the money are the ones that operate as the default (once set/programmed to do so). Luckily, there are enough lights like that on the market to give folks good choices on good lights. Are they Surefire? No. But they're durable and functional lights that work the way I want a light to work. At this point, Surefire is like the highest quality blank-firing gun on the market... it's awesome unless I really need it.

I actually like the default switching on the Streamlight TEN-TAP lights (PT-2L/PT-1L). HI is first up and a quick double tap gets me the strobe. I have no need for a speed-dim, but can find it if that is what I'm after. It is far better than hi-low-strobe from some other makers. Unfortunately my Strion is an older model that you actually have to click through the modes.

http://www.streamlight.com/Education/ten-tap_prog.aspx

Tamara
11-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I actually like the default switching on the Streamlight TEN-TAP lights (PT-2L/PT-1L). HI is first up and a quick double tap gets me the strobe. I have no need for a speed-dim, but can find it if that is what I'm after. It is far better than hi-low-strobe from some other makers.

I like my ProTac 2AA just fine overall, but I'm afraid that in a clutch my thumb might stutter and give me the "looking for your car keys" 2.13-lumen mode rather than "eyeball-melting strobe function". :o

Slavex
11-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Tam, check out my thread on my new Elzetta M60, for me it's the perfect light. Strobe on the first press of the button, strobe if I click it (constant strobe), if I want a solid light I just turn the tailcap down tight. Back it off when done and it's back in strobe mode

TR675
11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Or avoid one. I have lost track of how many times I have been in a lower light MUC and flashing the dude reset is OODA loop into O, O, WTF?, O, O........

Typically it ends things right there.

Even better.

Have you found this to be true with regular high-intensity lights, or is it a strobe effect only, or is one more consistent than the other?

Mr_White
11-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I actually like the default switching on the Streamlight TEN-TAP lights (PT-2L/PT-1L). HI is first up and a quick double tap gets me the strobe. I have no need for a speed-dim, but can find it if that is what I'm after. It is far better than hi-low-strobe from some other makers. Unfortunately my Strion is an older model that you actually have to click through the modes.

http://www.streamlight.com/Education/ten-tap_prog.aspx

I like my ProTac 2AA just fine overall, but I'm afraid that in a clutch my thumb might stutter and give me the "looking for your car keys" 2.13-lumen mode rather than "eyeball-melting strobe function". :o

I like those PT-2Ls and 1Ls. They are not too annoying, which is the best compliment I have been able to give a flashlight UI since the old pressure switch only Surefires. I'm sure there are better out there, but the PTs work fine for me and are not too expensive. I love how small the 1L is. It makes it very easy to have extra lights around.

my roommates have strobes going downstairs all the time

Can I come over? ;)

Chuck Haggard
11-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Even better.

Have you found this to be true with regular high-intensity lights, or is it a strobe effect only, or is one more consistent than the other?

A bright light in the face tends to work, but the strobe is something that a lot of people have never run in to before so it can be the difference between a WFT? and a WTFF? in my observation.

mrozowjj
11-25-2013, 02:28 PM
I haev a Sunwayman M10A XP-G R5 AA LED Flashlight that I use. It has a magnetic selector dial on the light that lets me choose what mode I want it in without having to worry about cycling through 3 different modes to get to the strobe. It will start in whatever mode you have it selected to and it's tacticle so you can tell what mode it's in without turning it on. The thumb switch is a little hard to press but other than that it's my go to.

TheTrevor
11-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Something like that would work for what I'm looking for. Or maybe a tailcap button for the strobe and a button somewhere on the body for a dimmer constant-on flashlight mode?

The side switch is one reason that I'm a fan of the current-gen Fenix lights, but the press-and-hold delay to switch it into strobe mode feels like an eternity.

I have several of the 850-lumen PD35 models. One is mounted on ready-to-go AR, others are kept in pouches or pockets. The dual-switch Fenix lights will retain the brightness setting (which is nice because I leave them on the 170-lumen setting, then step up to "face melting" as needed) but will NOT retain the strobe setting. Every time it's turned off it returns to its last steady-on setting.

justintime
11-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Tail cap button for face melting strobe and a fenix style button on the side for a normal beam would be ideal. Specially of the light also had the Rogers style rubber ridge thing. Make it so surefire!

frankepc
12-04-2013, 04:44 AM
With all that, can anyone recommend a few choices (preferably concealable) in a high quality flashlight that can be programed to strobe on the first click. The streamlight series has failed me too many times. I’m looking for something that has at least 120 lumens and it would be nice if I could attach the rubber surefire combat ring on it.

EMC
12-04-2013, 04:39 PM
With all that, can anyone recommend a few choices (preferably concealable) in a high quality flashlight that can be programed to strobe on the first click. The streamlight series has failed me too many times. I’m looking for something that has at least 120 lumens and it would be nice if I could attach the rubber surefire combat ring on it.

Foursevens quark tactical series: They have a new version with 780 lumen burst mode for $75

I've really liked my standard 230 lumen model. Strobe can be programmed for first click and a second mode on head twist out for normal use. I keep it programmed for max and low modes.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/QT2L-X-AF

I'm not sure if a surefire ring will work on them. Doubt it.

archangel
12-05-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure if a surefire ring will work on them. Doubt it.

I dunno, I think it might work.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7408/9569997727_b3efac5922_z.jpg

(That's FourSevens head and tailcap on a Fenix body. I think the Quark body is a smidge narrower, but not enough that it should matter to the rubber ring.)

Rich
12-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Elzetta has a single stage strobe light that I would trust with my life.

I haven't got the spare cash to buy one myself. Single parent .

I carry a Surefire E2Defender and a Fury Defender . No way can I thumb my surefires into a true strobe effect. Im just not fast enough. Plus I like strobes that have different stages so the BG wont get use to it.

And if my IWB-Light holster ever comes in I will have a P30S with a INFORCE APL

I have a cheap Fenix LD22 that has a strobe mode . But it takes to long to get to the strobe mode , plus I really don't trust there lights for SD. maybe there tactical models? Still Rather have a Elzetta or Surefire.

I've also been told that the STROBE is a gimmick by some .

I don't know? But I do know I hate being on the receiving end of it. Maybe it depends on the person.
I always hated strobe lights at parties.

thatguybryan
12-11-2013, 02:53 PM
how do you guys feel about carrying a 2xCR123 flashlight everyday?

I know this may sound stupid, but after hearing about some of them blow up it's scaring me a bit. I don't want to have to worry about my light randomly blowing up or any of that nonsense. I don't always use my lights either, and some are kept with batteries just for when I need them, and I'd like to be able to pick it up and use it right away instead of having to put batteries in it.

Some say that the 2xCR123 makes it more dangerous because of the risk of one battery draining faster and the other battery will charge it up too quick and it gets too hot and pop/fizz/boom.

I own a few Maglites which are no problem, but of course I just bought a clip for my surefire 6px defender to EDC and now all of a sudden I hear this problem. I use Surefire batteries only, and know the ins/outs now about what to do and not do with CR123's, but I'm still a little weary of using them just because if it does happen, it could do serious damage with the fumes (I'd take the risk alone but would hate for my family to inhale any of it because of me).

Any insight on this?

-currently carrying a Fenix E11 AA until someone reassures me..

SGT_Calle
12-11-2013, 04:37 PM

I know this may sound stupid, but after hearing about some of them blow up it's scaring me a bit. I don't want to have to worry about my light randomly blowing up or any of that nonsense. I don't always use my lights either, and some are kept with batteries just for when I need them, and I'd like to be able to pick it up and use it right away instead of having to put batteries in it.

Some say that the 2xCR123 makes it more dangerous because of the risk of one battery draining faster and the other battery will charge it up too quick and it gets too hot and pop/fizz/boom.

I own a few Maglites which are no problem, but of course I just bought a clip for my surefire 6px defender to EDC and now all of a sudden I hear this problem. I use Surefire batteries only, and know the ins/outs now about what to do and not do with CR123's, but I'm still a little weary of using them just because if it does happen, it could do serious damage with the fumes (I'd take the risk alone but would hate for my family to inhale any of it because of me).

Any insight on this?

I had never heard of this but I'm interested to hear from the folks who have.

joshs
12-11-2013, 05:14 PM

Any insight on this?

Most of the examples of vent-with-flame I've seen have been from poor quality or mismatched cells. Since you are using quality batteries, as long as you don't mismatch them, you've substantially reduced the risk of a possible explosion. Many manufacturers sell two cell 123a lights targeted for carry by normal consumers in their pockets. If there was a significant risk of explosion, these lights simply wouldn't be marketed the way they are. For example, if you look at lights that are more targeted at "enthusiasts" (direct drive or high amperage lights) there are usually lengthy disclaimers that come with the lights explaining the dangers of using the light for extended periods on the high/turbo/max setting.

If you search for lithium ion battery explosions, you'll find that they are usually unprotected (or "protected" but poor quality) lithium cobalt rechargeables often from a brand that ends in "fire," but starts with something other than "sure."

To further reduce the risk of using two lithium ion cells in series, you could buy a voltmeter to ensure you don't accidentally use mismatched cells. The company that this thread is about (Dark Sucks/Prometheus Lights) sells the Cottonpickers voltmeter, which is relatively inexpensive and works well.

Dropkick
12-11-2013, 07:34 PM
In my opinion I think they're just too big for pocket carry. And there's not a lot of choice for belt pouches unless you go the custom route.

EMC
12-11-2013, 08:46 PM
This brings up an entertaining story. 2005, Iraqi border patrol HQ across the border from Iran. My team was sleeping in a back room. About 2am a large boom and the window breaks. Thinking we're under attack, we clear the building in underwear and check with the guards. Turns out a Sgt's surefire exploded on the window sill because of cheapo chinese batteries sending the tail cap through the window. Fun times.

TCinVA
12-12-2013, 08:23 AM
I already encounter lots of people who insist on whipping out some Wal-Mart special and telling me how it's just as good as my Surefire, if not better, as it is. Deliberately buying pimp gear would surely result in my facing whatever criminal charges are appropriate for cramming an anodized aluminum tube in someone's nearest convenient orifice without their consent.

TCinVA
12-12-2013, 08:26 AM

I've been carrying a Surefire E2E for years. Added an LED conversion head from SureFire quite a while ago.

The pocket clip makes it very convenient, and I find it clips into the back pocket of my pants unobtrusively. I use good batteries (Duracel, Energizer, or Surefire) and don't worry about it.

Chuck Whitlock
12-12-2013, 10:17 PM

I carry a Streamlight PT 2L clipped in my pocket every day...no more obtrusive than the knife clipped to the opposite pocket.

As far as the battery thing....don't buy/use cheap imports. Stick with Surefire/Streamlight/Duracell/Panasonic/Energizer branded ones and you should be good to go.

KeeFus
12-13-2013, 06:00 AM
Thoughts?

http://www.nightreaper.com/estrela-led2.html

Dropkick
12-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Personally, any light bigger than a single cell (AA, AAA, CR123) doesn't work for me and pocket carry.

Byron
12-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Thoughts?

Looks like a re-release of the old Gladius/Typhoon. Hopefully they've worked out previous issues (http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?10001-Flashlight-Poll-So-many-to-choose-from-can-t-list-them-all-but-let-s-try&p=170487&viewfull=1#post170487).

I note that the page uses language very carefully:

Original concept conceived and developed by Former Navy SEAL, Ken Good

[emphasis added]

Since the Gladius/Typhoon has been made by [at least] two different companies prior to this iteration, I'm inclined to believe that Night Reaper simply acquired the rights to the design. Since Ken Good was indeed involved with the original design, this allows them to name drop, whether or not they've ever even talked to Mr. Good.

This is only speculation on my part. Maybe they did indeed work with Ken directly. If that were the case though, I suspect they would have used different language.

In any regard, it was a fairly awesome design in its heyday. As far as modern lights go, I think it's hugely oversized for what it offers. Maybe some people like extra size/heft to their light, but I'd personally prefer something smaller.

joshs
12-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Thoughts?

The UI sounds great, but it looks way too big to pocket carry (6.6 inches long and 7.4 ozs without a battery). There is also no way they are getting 1000 out the front lumens from an XM-L2 U2 while maintaining the ability to use 123a primaries and getting 50 minutes of run time. XM-L2s driven hard enough to get that many lumens need more amps than 123as can provide continuously.

joshs
12-13-2013, 11:02 AM
This is only speculation on my part. Maybe they did indeed work with Ken directly. If that were the case though, I suspect they would have used different language.

If you look at the "About" tab, it shows that Ken Good is actually the president of the company.

Byron
12-13-2013, 11:07 AM
If you look at the "About" tab, it shows that Ken Good is actually the president of the company.
D'oh!
I am thoroughly embarrassed for my ignorant post.

Thanks for the correction.