PDA

View Full Version : Southnarc BJJ Background?

beltjones
05-31-2011, 08:28 AM
I've been watching some youtube clips and reading some class AARs and I was wondering what Southnarc's background in BJJ was? Does anyone have that info?

I understand that he wants to remain anonymous, but a brief, generalized training background shouldn't compromise his identity. If he doesn't want it posted a PM is very welcome.

mnealtx
05-31-2011, 08:29 AM
He's a member here...why don't you drop him a PM and ask him directly?

beltjones
05-31-2011, 08:33 AM
I figured this would be easier and possibly quicker than bugging him, but I'll pm him per your suggestion.

mnealtx
05-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Didn't mean to sound like a smart-alec... just figured that way you could get it from the horse's mouth.

SouthNarc
05-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Hey buddy no problem at all. I'm ranked a 3 stripe blue under Todd Pisarich who is under Helio Soneca.

I've been doing BJJ on and off since '93 with my first exposure via the Machados at seminars. Before that it was Shooto under Francis Fong via Eric Paulson and Yori Nakamura.

That help?

beltjones
05-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Hey buddy no problem at all. I'm ranked a 3 stripe blue under Todd Pisarich who is under Helio Soneca.

I've been doing BJJ on and off since '93 with my first exposure via the Machados at seminars. Before that it was Shooto under Francis Fong via Eric Paulson and Yori Nakamura.

That help?

Very cool. I'm a blue under Pedro Sauer, though I haven't trained in a couple of years due to work and nagging injuries. It's a great sport.

I got a chance to train with Eric Paulson at a Pedro Sauer summer camp a few years back. He was there with Greg Nelson (Eric's partner and a black belt under Prof. Sauer). Paulson can hit subs from literally any position or any angle that can be imagined. Awesome stuff.

As I said in the PM, I liked your gun and knife stuff from the guard. I'll be keeping an eye out for your classes if they're ever in my area.

SouthNarc
05-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Cool! You'll definitely have a leg up on most folks during the evolutions.