PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to nyeti

LittleLebowski
11-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Good job on the Larue Texas Ranger rifle article in the Surefire magazine.

Dagga Boy
11-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks. Most of it was mine (I just submit them, and the editors do what they will). It is an absolute wicked gun.......that is hiding in the safe. All my dreams of the "perfect" travel and work gun went up with all the craziness last year and the value of the things. I ended up grabbing a Colt 901 as a beater. That LaRue has been flawless in operation, is perfectly broken in, and has some real historical significance.

For what its worth, Jason Davis's article on the Colt M45 is also a very good read. For those that don't know, Jason is the son of Gordon Davis of Davis Leather fame. He is a super squared away LEO and very knowledgeable.

Jason F
11-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Links gentlemen, links....

aka, this thread is worthless without pics! :D

Clyde from Carolina
11-10-2013, 10:41 PM
I'll have to keep an eye peeled for that. Thanks for the heads up, LL.

LittleLebowski
11-11-2013, 08:18 AM
The article is in the latest issue of Surefire Combat Tactics magazine. So is the (honest about the gun's problems) article about the new Marine Corps 1911.

I was at Denver airport and my money wasn't going to Guns and Ammo and I saw nyeti's article so.....:D

Dagga Boy
11-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Actually, I think Combat tactics is an Intermedia..........Trust me, with the Eric Poole running things there all will be well.

JHC
11-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll find it and buy. This SF pub is one of the best in print media; consistently.

Odin Bravo One
11-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Actually, I think Combat tactics is an Intermedia..........Trust me, with the Eric Poole running things there all will be well.

I know you get free copies.........hook a brother up. :cool:

No newstands within traveling distance!

Chuck Haggard
11-11-2013, 08:09 PM

I thought you guys could get stuff HALO dropped from orbit?

Dagga Boy
11-11-2013, 08:13 PM

Sadly.....I buy them on the newsstand like everyone else. After a few months, Surefire will start giving them away at events.

LittleLebowski
11-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Mine has been read cover to cover, Sean. Lemme know and I can mail it ASAP.

SeriousStudent
11-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Snagged two copies today after work. I liked the "one gun" concept you mentioned in the article.

Odin Bravo One
11-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I thought you guys could get stuff HALO dropped from orbit?

Maybe...........but I only know one Astronaut, and I'm not sure how to email him on the space station, or if he is still up there right now...........and if he is........how do I get him a copy to drop?

Seems easier to just mail it point to point. Very little cool factor, but effective.